1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Half Blood Prince Hate it or Love it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Jul 16, 2005.

?

Was the book was the money you paid?

1. Yes

94.1%
  2. No

4.6%
  3. Glad I downloaded it.

1.3%
  1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

well, only read the first 100 pages, but I liked it!

3. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

no it wasnt, but i cant leave things unfinished =(

4. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

not done but yeah. anyways I ot a nice deal on the price and had a shorter line then most of the people at the store

5. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

I agree with Vecna it leaves a lot of things unfinished, but now that i am halfway through it i like it pretty much.

6. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

YUCK i just read a little further and i absolutly hate it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i love it, think its the best book yet, totally ironic, plus i liked all the things she put in the story, though it went really fast and didn't go over much of harry during the summer at all.
    i would have liked it if harery would have atleast tried have trained a tiny bit becasue he ios going to have to go up against voldemort.
    but other than that i take my hat off to j.k.

8. Marguerida

Marguerida Second Year

I liked it from the first few pages.

9. Allowaycar

Allowaycar Second Year

I liked it. People who read it need to realize that you are not going to read the dark fanfiction that you have been reading for the last year. Its canon. While it has somethings in it that I hate, it was overall a good book.

10. Midknight

While it's true it's not dark fanfiction, the people who are in love with it need to realize the book ignores a great many things, the least of which is having characters that JKR may as well of named different things, considering how drastically different they all act from what is normal.

I've seen 2 groups of ppl so far. Ones that worship the book and see no faults, or ignorable faults, and ones that can list, chapter by chapter the hundreds of OOC/wrong/annoying/etc things that infest this book.

More power to ya if ya like it.

11. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

Is it even possible for the characters to be OOC when written by JK, even if she totally messes them up isnt it still canon then?

12. Midknight

sadly yes =*( It just feels wrong though =(

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... i hated it and like it (very grudgingly)... pairings were gone to hell... i cant believe it seems soo... soo... cliche!! is the best i can discrbe it as...

and damnedabel remus for fucking the pairings as badly as he did... <spoiler>
    and where the fuck was bella! she had one damned scene and it was so horridly pathetic...

and didnt JKR promise a dead weasley? what about learning more about Lily, or narcissa...

woo.. now we know lily was a gryff with green eyes and red hair, a smart arse, could have done was as a slyth, and was a great potions and charms student...

and that narcissa is as much a crybaby as potter...

and snapes father <spoiler>.. what a HUGE surprise there >__> .. or not...

14. Finished it, and liked it. Wasnt as good as I thought it could be, and things worked out differently then I hoped...but I still liked the way she did it. I dont know...i thought it was good. Definatly worth the money!

15. Finished it, and liked it. Wasnt as good as I thought it could be, and things worked out differently then I hoped...but I still liked the way she did it. I dont know...i thought it was good. Definatly worth the money!

16. Finished it, and liked it. Wasnt as good as I thought it could be, and things worked out differently then I hoped...but I still liked the way she did it. I dont know...i thought it was good.

17. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Lady Nemesis you must realy like it too write the same comment three times lol :p

18. Midknight

19. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

honestly I didn't think it was worth it

20. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I think the book is ok. It could have been a lot worse. I read the book non-stop in 15hours so it might have been because of that. You become quite disorientated when you read it like that. Headache and your eyes become all red and swollen.

It was a lot better than OOTP so if you can read that book you should be able to read this one too. It might not be the best book in the history but it’s a must read anyway.

How much does the book cost in US and Britain? I had to pay 22 USD here in Sweden.