1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of A Dark King by Naga's Shadow - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by RagefulLlama, Apr 14, 2006.

1. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

Title: Rise of A Dark King
    Author: Naga's Shadow
    Pairing: Harry/Fem!Dementor
    Rating: M
    Genre:Action/Adventure/Supernatural
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 67,933
    Updated: June 16, 2008
    Published: March 21, 2006

Summary: Attacked by his enemies, framed by the ministry,and betrayed by his friends Harry Potter is cast into the darkness. Only to be saved by the most unlikey person.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2855278/1/

Hmm not good at descriptions. I swear that this guy has been on our forums I remember a few months ago us brainstorming for a similar fic that no-one picked up.

Good things: I liked the descriptions of the dementor 'culture' which is amazingly :O_O: similar to the one we set up although more fleshed out.

Cliches: Dumbledore stealing from Harry's vaults, Lord Potter, Lord Black, Griphook, typical azkaban entrance.

Checked by Minion, March 30, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  2. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

It's alright.Some parts are so overused like the stealing money from his Vault.Dumbles pretty old,I don't think he needs to be stealing money from a kid.

I hate the spelling errors.Fidelius,he spelled it Fidealus.And there is more of which I forgot.

3. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

the azkaban cliches were too much for me. I know its getting ahrd to find original ideas now days since so many are out there, but the ones he used were just blatantly obvious. killing hediwg, ron and hermoine against him. I would have liked it more if he just left it at what hapened to tanks and his family.

Otherwise i think its really pretty cool. Its nothing amazing, but ide give it a 7/10 so far if you discount the beginning cliches. I think the dementor/Harry is really cool. Ive never seen it done before. The ideas on the dementor heaven thing is really cool too. Although i do think it made it a tad to easy for him to learn fast. I have a feeling hes gunna be slightly super harry now, which i wouldnt mind if he didnt do it overnight in 1 chapter.

I think it will be worth following, not like theres really anyting else to read anyways while we wait for updates on all our favorites.

4. Cell

This won't be a super I think.He will have weakness's like a regular Dementor.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I was just talking about this idea in the IRC Chatroom like two days ago. About how we came up with it on the boards and someone was writing it until the author/member just went missing, never to return.

I'll have to read this.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

"They promise us the souls of their enemies. But if we listen and help the dark lord go on a genocidal rampage in the end you end up with far to many demetors and no more enemies to feed off. Did you know that there used to be a large civilization on Antarctica?”"

Coming out of a dementor's mouth that's currently cloaked in the skin of a High Elf, that statement sounds rather like my own bit of a High elf empire in Antarctica I've mentioned before.. hrm...

Should I be annoyed or ignore it as I'm almost positive the author's spent time here?

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Annoyed. I'm not going to make accusations when I have no evidence, but I would be FURIOUS if I posted a plot idea that I intended to use and somebody else ripped it off. That's why I never post fic challenges or never come out with some of the (IMO) better ideas I have. They're mine and I don't want to give somebody else a chance to steal them. Of course, odds are that this is mere coincidence and the author wasn't stealing anything, but you never know. I would me more inclined to guess that the idea maybe came from Warcraft III, where there was a civilization in that universe's equivalent to Antarctica.

8. Midknight

9. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    Warcraft seems to some kind of bunny-breeder because I've got a few ideas from the entire series more then once... weird!

10. Perfect Insanity

Perfect Insanity First Year

i know that most of you are bothered by the azkaban things the most, but the cliche that i hate with such a passion that it almost instantly ruins the story for a good 10 minutes, is the griphook cliche. for the life of me i cant say why, but it just makes me cringe with disgust. it ususally serves no purpose other tan to say "oh man isnt harry so righteous and good and great" which usually makes for a rather uninteresting story.other than that particular monstorsity the story has adequate writing, and as has been mentioned, lacked origionality.

11. Midknight

Read it all the way just now.

-Griphook.
    -The line about Ron running out of things of Harry's to burn and send to him, with Ginny being the sole voice of reason.
    -The typos.
    -The titles Lord bleh bleh
    -A stealing Dumbledore.

At this point, it's cliche by the numbers, we'll have to see what happens.

12. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Thus why I made the worlds most disgusting parody of harry remembers griphooks name :lol: :lol: :puke:

13. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

It would be funny if one time it was the oter way around

Griphook-Hello do you remember me Mr. Potter
    Harry- er. . .no
    Goblins hearby ally with Voldemort because of lack of recognition of their lowly lives or whatever reason they ally with Harry soley based on his recognition of griphook.

14. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

RRRRGGGGGGG I hate that cliche. It has a hug whole in it for one thing!

If all it took was remembering some lowlifes name to get the goblins to side with you...... they'd probably hear it all the time anyway from poor purebloods wanting a loan.

This is a much more acurate impression. Crappy writing aside.

"Oh hello Griphook." Harry said politly, peering down at the hidious green creature that barly came up to his knee. "How are you today?"

'Stupid prick probably wants something.' Thought Griphook to himself. 'Well i'm not one to disapoint.'

If Harry had been a wee bit smarter he probably would have noticed that his guides grim expression had shifted into an evil smirk.....and he'd probably still be alive today.

"Come right this way mister Potter, I'd like to show you somthing." Griphook sneered darkly doing a 180 and heading in the direction of the dragon stalls.

Yes if Harry had been a bit more observent he would have noticed all the goblins breaking into evil laughs as his guide led him to surtin doom. Poor bastard.

15. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Violent midgets

Yea thats true but your forgetting the main point that goblins are very violent little midgets, If they wanted to kill Harry they would probably just stab him as soon as he turned around

Anyways about the fic while the cliches did bug the crap out of me, I thought the dementor idea was very good but if the author did get it from here then thats really annoying

16. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I have one word for this Fic.

Dementor-Sex.

17. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

What could be hotter than that? But I wonder how they have sex...

18. Ivy_Snowe

Ivy_Snowe Second Year

Easy, lift the robes and enjoy...

19. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

They bone each other..........get it bone :lol: :lol:

20. Cell

I thought they had sex byNeri changing into a human body and Harry stays in his body.