1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The cursed queen of Angmar by Khazar-Khum -LotR- (M)

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by NoxedSalvation, Jun 26, 2010.

1. NoxedSalvation

NoxedSalvation Temporarily Banhammered

Title: The cursed queen of Angmar
    Author: Khazar-Khum
    Rating: M
    Genre: Lord of the Rings
    DLP Category: Romance
    Pairing: OFC/ Witch-king of Angmar
    Summary: Ariashal of Rhudaur is the unwitting lynchpin of her father's machinations with the Witch-King of Angmar. And she's cursed, too. Rated Adult for consensual BDSM, violence, torture, and mature themes.

Link: http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=1376

I discovered this story a long time ago while I was bingeing on LotR Dark!fics. The writing is solid, the setting very original and the OOCness of the Witch-king managable.

4/5

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I read up to and including chapter nineteen before the story got too grating to read:

Essentially, if you're into girl meets mysterious prince and marries him, then you'll love this. If not, you'll have to be a really big fan of LOTR to read this, or not, as the author butchers the Witch-King something fierce.

I'm also fairly sure that the author didn't understand the society of the DĂșnedain very well, but it's been a while since I last read something from Tolkien's universe, so maybe I've just forgotten.

The entire thing screams of a Snape fangirl-ism only set in the LOTR universe, but if you can ignore that (i.e the pregnancies, the weak female lead, the romance, the weak attempt at angst and what not) you might just have a decent story.

The chapter lengths are way too just short with the average chapter peeking at about 1.500 to 2.500 words, so expect pushing the next button often. The writing is decent, though, but could have done with a lot showing, instead of telling. I didn't notice a lot of spelling errors or grammatical flaws, so that's a plus.

Tl;dr - Read it if you liked the Prince and Me.

Not my taste, so rated it to 2/5.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010