1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Feist Fics.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Hpsleuth11, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

I was wondering if anyone has ever come across any fanfictions dealing with the riftwar world or any other of Raymond Feist's books. I'm hoping for a hp riftwar crossover but i'm almost positive it doesn't exist. But i would like to see if there are any Feist fics out there. So please if anyone can direct me, i'd greatly appreciate it.

2. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Nope no such thing as Feist Fanfiction...The author doesn't allow it.

* P. N. Elrod
    * Raymond Feist
    * Terry Goodkind
    * Laurell K. Hamilton
    * Robin Hobb (also known as Megan Lindholm)
    * Dennis L. McKiernan
    * Robin McKinley
    * Irene Radford
    * Anne Rice
    * Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb

Fanfictions based on works by the author's listed above are not allowed

3. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Which completely sucks ass. When I was still young and naive... fine just naive, and had just been introduced into the wonderful world of fanfiction, I was searching for The Vampire Chronicles fiction. Lo and behold, Anne Rice's works aren't allowed to be fanfic-a-tized! Oh woe is me! And so I slinked back to my dark and damp lair in which I read more Harry Potter fics.

You know, what would happen if Rowling just suddenly, out of the blue, said, "That's it. No more fanfictions about Harry, if you please", and all the HP fanfiction in the world had to be taken down?

4. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

Really there not allowed?
    Why not? Its not copyright infringement, and no one is making money off of them.

5. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Im guessing the author doesn't want his work butchered and the peoples view of his characters to be perversed and changed by terrible or good writers.

6. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

The reason why I joined this site was because a (long) while ago I found an accomplished author who HATED fanficiton and wrote a rant about it. I got so hot and heavy over it that I decided to finally stop being a lurker and join so I could rant properly. I’m honestly not sure if the post is still up but it was interesting (a polite way to put it) rant to read.

Here’s the link if anyone cares to read it http://www.robinhobb.com/rant.html
    I’m not sure if the old topic on this is still active so I wouldn’t start talking about it but yeah there it is if anyone wants to read it.