1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLL no compatible

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by BloodRedSword, Sep 11, 2010.

1. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm trying to run an old program which I last used on Windows 2000(don't ask).

Having problem running it so did a check.

Turns out:
    Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows.

Can anyone help me with this? I want to run that program of mine... Doesn't work with the Window version stuff..

2. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Get VirtualBox and install Win2k on it. You can then install the program inside the virtual machine and it should work perfectly.

3. Breed

Breed Third Year

The error is usually related to a missing Visual Basic Virtual Machine file, msvbv50.dll, which isn't included in the NTFS only versions of Windows (so I assume you're on either Vista or 7). If you have access to an XP or 2K computer, you can copy the file from the \Windows\System32 folder into the directory where your program's .exe lies (it doesn't need to be copied to Vista/7's system32).

If you don't have access to XP or 2K, you can extract the file from http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB