1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Need good fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by sgtoutlaw, Apr 23, 2006.

1. sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Second Year

Can someone recommend like a good general C2 list. I am fed up with Harry Potter fanfics since there are like no good ones in existance T.T. So, can someone please recommend a GOOD general C2. Made my own but there is only like 16 fics in it right now at http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/18295/0/0/1/ if anyone is interested. But I am kind of desperate right now for a good read.

2. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Hmm, if you had scrolled down a bit, I'm sure you could have seen a sub-forum called 'Fanfic Discussion' , moved.

Also, may I suggest the DLP C2?

3. sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Second Year

Hmm.. really? :? I just didn't know where to put it really lol, so i decided I would let someone decide or not. I could put it here, but the description made it seem like it was for writers even if the title lookedl ike it fit. And the Other Books and T.V. shows didn't seem to be at all for fanfiction really... heh

And thats a Harry Potter only C2 as well.. looked at it before and have read probably most of the fics out of it :-\.

But as I said, looking for some good non-Harry Potter fics since I can't find any good quality HP fictions, I blame the Harry Potter books bad writing as well as many( not all ) of the authors for that..

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  6. sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Second Year

Thanks alot guys, need me some reading material. It's kind of funny since I have so many actual books to read, I just don't know where to start so I veer off to fanfiction :O_O:

Oh, and ip82, even if there arn't a ton of great fics in that C2, it will still take alot of time to just go through the 95 pages of them o_O.

Lol, third edit, most of the fics in that C2 seem to be pretty good, as long as I just skim past the Harry Potter ones.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

That C2 is good because it's constantly being expanded with fresh stories and it goes easy on romance and other crap (in most stories main character is powerful in some way). So, this C2 is great if you need some fresh, unknown story, but for breaking in unknown fandom, I'm sure there are much better (and smaller) C2's around.

8. sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Second Year

Well, the fandoms I read are of course, Harry Potter, Naruto, DBZ, Hikaru no Go, Evangelion, some Buffy, and some others I am just not thinking of right now. Wish there was a Touch fandom though :p.

9. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Do you read x-overs between those fandoms? Because i could find a few good B:TVS ones if you want them.

10. sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Second Year

I will read x-overs if they are good, but I am really really sick of how all Harry Potter x-overs seem to be other genres coming into the Harry Potter world.. T.T Like I was looking for a Harry raised by Willow crossover and best I could do was this one I believe called Sparky Doo