1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wide Star Wars Search

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Antivash, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I've got a few stories to tide me over for a while, and I've gone over a general browse of whats in the library here, but I am slowly running out of material. So, besides FFn, and that absolute black hole of a garbage heap, Kotorfanmedia.com, anyone got any good Star Wars-centered places I haven't found yet?

I tend to avoid Spacebattles or whatever, because of Joe Hundreddouche... Never checked out theforce.net much...

So anyone got any good darker stories not really worth reccing or guilty pleasures? I'm more of a pre-movie kind of guy, but if you've got some shit in the new Legacy era with Cade, or up to but not including that fuckstorm that was Legacy of the Force where Pacifistic cuntback Jacen goes all broody and ills Mara.... We're all good.

Anyeone got something?

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't know if you've read these. First is a crossover with KotOR and Halo, second is a crossover with KotOR and the Prequel trilogy. They're not exactly top quality -- the guy really needs an editor -- and neither are finished (and I don't know if they will be), but I thought they were entertaining for what they were.

3. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

Theforce.net is the only one I know that's pretty active. I sometimes check the threads there to read on their theories and speculations regarding Ahsoka, and how she will die.

4. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Anyone else got any good Star Wars fan fiction? I'm new to the SW fandom.

Sorry for hijacking this thread looking for recs, but it seems like a good place to put out a summons.

5. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I got a few recs. As for sites, I got none, sorry.

Defintely reccommend this one.

A bit fluffy, but rather good. Has an abandoned sequel.

This guy is average, but I like his stories (and he's got a bunch!). At least give it a look.

One of the best Revan origins I've read, but the HP part fails kinda hard. The ending too.

This is a very well done story, only it is made very very clear that it's not written by a guy. BUT I liked it, in a way sort of like Drive You Mild, although the authors sometimes make the characters exetremely OC, especially the Rebels and Jedi.

Here's an interesting diversion from the canon storyline. Worth a read for the idea, but it might be a little boring.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  6. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

@Matian

Thank you for all those recommendations! Much appreciated.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Go read The Son of Suns Trilogy. Now. It's in the Other Fandoms>Misc forum. Go now and enjoy the best Star Wars fic ever written.

8. Antivash

I haven't taken a look at the second one, but the first one I tried a while back... Can't really get into it. Crossovers aren't my thing.

Yeah, he's pretty worthwhile following. Not exactly the greatest quality, but pretty good plotwise, I figure. I just wish that he'd update Darkest Knight , A Constant Battle, or Power of Choice. :\

9. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think Power of Choice is finished. EDIT: Apparently not. I must've taken it off my alerts list when the epilogue to the first part was posted. >_>

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  10. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

I think he's the one who started the "Bloodraven" thing that seems to keep cropping up in other KotOR fics.

As for recs, if you haven't read it already, this one's pretty good:

1. The Shadow of Vader » reviews A ROTS AU. Darth Sidious, desiring to have both Anakin and ObiWan as his servants, sets in motion a plan to bring them both under his sway. Alone, betrayed, and misguided, ObiWan falls. Now Anakin must find a way to save him, before he succumbs himself. Star Wars - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Drama - Chapters: 68 - Words: 497,082 - Reviews: 672 - Updated: 3-15-09 - Published: 4-17-06 - Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan K.

If you don't mind the somewhat random Obi-wan/Sabe pairing (not a huge part of the story until after chapter 33 or so), it's a good read.

11. Antivash

Nah. That was the author of Dying Embers, Kalistar, or Slytherin2005 who originally started it.

12. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Stardestroyer.net has some SW fanfics, but it's more geared towards SW vs ST debates, among others but they have some awesome fanfics. If i have time I'll link some later, that is if I don't exceed my limit.

13. Torak

Torak Death Eater

This is one of the few fics from theforce.net that isnt complete garbage. Pity its abandoned and you have to deal with those shitty "comments and reviews". Basically its an AU of Luke missing the shot to take out the first Death Star and shit gets serious.

14. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I had completely forgotten about this thread. I got two more recs:

Temptation (I wrote the summary)
    Bastila saves Revan on his flagship, but instead of returning to the Jedi, she stays with him.

One of my favorite stories and I absolutely love how Revan is portrayed. The downside? I'm pretty sure it's abandoned. Still, try it out.

&

I, HK 47
    FINISHED! As the SSV Normandy travels through space, they come across a strange ship. Inside they find a sentient droid. Its Designation: HK-47. A Mass EffectxKotor crossover. Spoilers abound!

An excerpt from I, HK-47, chapter 2
    You're very much welcome.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  15. Antivash

*sigh* I hate you, Torak. Seriously. Not simply because I want to finish that story. It was seriously interesting. But because it has the single most interesting plot involving Luke I've come across yet.

16. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Blank101 is already writing a story based on that plot device. And it's guaranteed to be awesome.

He even has a sneak peek on his webpage.

17. Antivash

And yet... You come around with no links!

18. Antivash

For shame, Vash... Double posting... >_>

General annoyance: Am I the only one that despises theforce.net's layout/theme/entire site design? I spent like two hours the other day looking for a way to make it better somehow.

Ended up using stylish to recolor and running Firefox with a local proxy via proximodo to filter out the strike-through code. :|

19. Hue City Ranger

Hue City Ranger First Year DLP Supporter

Linkage

20. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This is the end all of KOTOR fics.
    The Darkest Lord
    A galactic accident sends an entire Sith fleet four thousand years into the future. From there, Darth Revan is forced to re-establish power and launch war against the empire, while the Rebels are caught between the two Sith forces.Star Wars - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 22 - Words: 141,685 - Reviews: 276 - Updated: 12-18-09 - Published: 7-8-08 - Revan & Bastila S.