1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wuthering Heights

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Remmy, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Remmy

Remmy Fourth Year

Since I haven't seen a thread for it, I just thought I'd go right ahead and recommend it. Its one of my favourite misguided romances that is shrouded with a sense of horror and morbidity. Katherine is one of my all-time most despised characters (after Madame Bovary) and Heathcliff is like the guy you want to hide but still have and never let the parents know about (after Mr. Darcy).

Of course, after he becomes rich and comes back to take revenge, turning into a monster like the guy who used to beat him, he becomes very undesirable.

The writing style is impeccable and one of the classics of its and our own time. There is excessive description and an attention to detail that is quite appreciable. However, it can get a bit depressing at times.

Also,

Catherine's and Heathcliff's reaffirmation of their feelings towards one another at Catherine's death bed is a touching scene and I cried when I first read it. Actually, I cried again when I reread it recently.

2. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I hated this book.

Charlotte Bronte > Emily Bronte.

3. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    They are both terrible tho.

4. Remmy

Remmy Fourth Year

I won't even get into that argument. I loved Jane Eyre and I loved Wuthering Heights. Both sisters are amazing in my opinion. But I've always like Emily's work better. The gothic atmosphere of her writing is intriguing in a way that Charlotte's work could never match.

Again I'm not going to argue, each to his own. Though I concede, a lot of people seem to hate it, while others love it.

5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

Kate Beaton: always related.

6. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Can't say anything about Wuthering Heights, but you seriously loved Jane Eyre? It was 550 pages of filler and romance between the dullest main caracters imaginable. The only interesting character was Bertha,
    as she was completely insane and tried to kill the others on multiple occasions
    For this reason alone, there will always be a place in my heart for her.