1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Way Is Shut by scribbler - T - (World War Z)

Discussion in 'Books' started by yojorocks, Oct 21, 2010.

1. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Title: The Way Is Shut
    Author: scribbler
    Rating: (FR13) ~T
    Genre: Horror
    DLP Category: General Fics
    Pairing: N/A
    Summary: World War Z Fiction - non-crossover. The first recon into North Korea does not have good news to report.
    Link : TtH

First, right off the bat: if you haven't read World War Z, you're not going to get this ficlet. It's short, but would fit pretty well in the actual book itself. Fast read, pretty well done, if not earth-shattering. Well worth the read if you like the narrative style of writing (and post-apocalyptic world) Max Brooks used.

Solid 4/5 for quality writing and working with the original author's world seemlessly, but not exceptional enough that you can read and like it without reading the book first.

2. Atomic Lightning-bug

Atomic Lightning-bug Second Year DLP Supporter

I liked it. It does a good job of giving the overall feel of the original, that being morbid fascination.

The author gives enough detail about the world to give someone the gist of the setting. I could be wrong, but reading WWZ shouldn't be necessary to enjoy this.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This isn't too bad. I've never read World War Z because the story telling structure didn't sound appealing to me, but now that I've read this fic I'm reconsidering my opinion.

You don't have to have read World War Z to enjoy this; reading the Wikipedia entry is sufficient. If you don't want to do that, then just read this snippet: