1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gunerkrigg Court

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Heleor, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Amazing webcomic. Slow-paced, but there's a lot of story there now.

Basically follows the tale of a lot of students at a technological school. It's a story about the separated worlds of magic and science.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1

[The art improves. A lot.]

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I feel odd about this webcomic, to be completely honest. I know it's good, and I can tell that I should like it (as opposed to just appreciating the art in the blinker stone/coyote pages), but I just...don't care that much. I read it, and it just doesn't resonate with me.

Still, people should give it a look. It IS good.

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, wow, I never even noticed this topic.

I've been reading GC for a few years now. I like the conflict between (and hybridization of) magic and technology, and the setting is even somewhat reminiscent of Harry Potter. Though it's annoying that all the major events are so spread out, it's still kept me interested. And things seem to have picked up with this latest chapter.

The author clearly puts a lot of effort into it (consistent updates every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with very good art as well), and the world is pretty interesting, using a lot of the more obscure supernatural elements as a basis. The somewhat slow pace does hurt it, but not enough to cripple it, in my opinion. People should at least try it out.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

According to the artist's posts elsewhere, he actually has a huge buffer, so updating regularly isn't too hard.

5. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

I take it this comic is still being updated, then? I just spent the past few hours reading through the whole thing because of this thread and greatly enjoyed it.

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yes it is. The latest page was actually posted late last night (or early this morning, depending on your perspective).

7. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

The problem with the update is that it's paced like a graphic novel - it's amazing if read for a while, but not really worth checking out each day.

8. ashura

ashura Third Year DLP Supporter

Agree with Esper, it's a fantastic read but one that I catch up on every couple of months rather than every M-W-F.

9. ASmallBundleOfToothpicks

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks Professor

One of my favorite webcomics of all time. It's like a more intelligent Harry Potter. I've been reading it since it came out, and been enjoying every minute.