1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Treble?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by disturbed27, Dec 13, 2010.

1. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

I've got a dell with windows seven and it has way too much fucking treble. I used to think it was just the headphones (it kinda is, but just a bit). But I tried my headphones on my school computer and they were awesome. I tried looking through the control panel and the volume thingy next to the time but couldn't find treble/bass. So if you know could you please help me, so it doesn't feel like someone is stabbing me in the ear every time the band goes 'sss'.

2. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I get that too sometimes. I turn the volume down.

3. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Right-click on the volume control in the system tray and select 'Volume Mixer'. This shoyld bring up a volume slider for the sound device and another for Applications. There may be others, but that's what mine shows.

If you click on the picture for the Speakers/Headphones device, it will bring up Properties for it; select the Enhancements tab and try playing with the Bass Boost, Loudness Equalization and such. Once you have an enjoyable balance, you can save the settings.

(I didn't know this until I went looking- I'm working from a Dell Latitude e6400, so your options may vary a little).

4. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

Yeah it works. Thanks, this is much better.