1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot A Dragon Age Christmas Carol by Sarah1281 - T - (Dragon Age: Origins)

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Captain Trips, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

Title: A Dragon Age Christmas Carol
    Author: Sarah1281
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/Parody
    Pairings: None
    Link: Here
    Summary: The year is 9:29 and Howe is on the cusp of deciding to massacre the Couslands when he's visited by four spirits. Can they change his mind on the matter? If they can, just how will they manage to convince him and how 'changed' can he possibly end up?

I found this Oneshot to be rather humorous, especially how she portrayed Rendon Howe. For the first time ever I actually enjoyed him as a character and felt for him.

This one gets 4/5 from me.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I didn't find any part of it particularly funny, nor was there any profound depth added to Howe that suddenly puts him in a whole new light. I felt that the encounters with the spirits and everything was rushed, as well. Plus, there's the fact that Nathaniel was apparently with Hawke in the Free Marches, when Lothering hadn't even been destroyed at that point. There's no conceivable reason for Hawke to be in the story at all, frankly, considering DAII isn't even out yet and we barely know anything about what happens.

All in all, boring, flawed and a waste of time. 2/5.

And on a minor note, I object to the author still calling it "Christmas" in the DA universe, considering Christ never existed. Isn't there a "Feastday" DLC thing that's supposed to be a major holiday? Why not just use that? Or maybe "Andrasday" would be better.

(that's a pun lololol)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010