1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Tom Marvolo Riddle Potter by SisterDear - K+

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Skeletaure, May 1, 2006.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Tom Marvolo Riddle Potter
    Author: SisterDear previously SachiAmi
    Rating: K+
    Ships: None that I can see.
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 36,197
    Updated: July 9, 2006
    Published: March 22, 2006

Summary: When Voldemort is defeated, the fragment of his soul still stuck in Harry drags the Boy Who Lived with it through time in search of another, complete version of itself. A time travel, Harry adopts Tom Riddle story.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2856616/1/

This is quite an original story - instead of the usual Voldemort adopts Harry storyline we have a Harry travels back in time and adopts Tom Riddle story.

Sequel:

Becoming Brothers
    Chapters: 3
    Words: 5,473
    Updated: May 6, 2007
    Published: November 12, 2006
    Summary: They've made it through the summer without killing each other, but there's far more to becoming brothers than that. AU time travel, Harry adopts Tom Riddle.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3242259/1/Becoming-Brothers

Checked by Minion, January 6, 2013
    Added the Sequel

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  2. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Thats pretty cool. I like the interaction between Harry and Tom alot. Also the lack of information makes it rather interesting. However it does not really have a huge plot just the vauge, Harry is trying to turn Tom from the dark side thing.

3. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I like it.

It's not Action Adventure, but it's fun and is just pleasing.

Are there any more of these around?

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'm reading this... and I like it. Harry's characterisation is so-so, but Tom Riddle is exactly the kind of character we've seen in HBP - there really should be some kind of reward for authors trying to make something out of that little shit.

As for other fics of this kind (Harry adopts Riddle), the only one I know of is Harry Potter & The Return to Honeychurch, which is a sequel to "Harry Potter & the Honeychurch Institute of Magic"... Very good fics, but unfortunately abandoned more than a year ago.

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Provided you can ignore the fudgepacking...

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I know that this author is slash-friendly... and in the first part, there were hints of Draco/Blaise pairing, with Draco lusting after Harry... but no direct slash or gay!Harry, as far as I can remember (at least not in FFN version).

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I only read some of the first one...even if Harry wasn't that way, it was still enough to turn me off. I seem to recall it being an easier read than some slash fics (probably due to it being written by an actual gay man who understands the nuances of it rather than some horny little teenage fangirl who just thinks OMG TOM FELTON IS TEH HOT). Not bad, if you have some tolerance to slash (I generally don't). That, and I just didn't think there was much going on with the plot. It was Harry teaching at some little school and helping two gay students get it on without the asshole other teacher catching them. Oh, and something to do with a Malfoy brat. Bleh.

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

True, it wasn't anything spectacular. Harry going to teach in some smaller school, that looks and feels exactly like Hogwarts. Bunch of OC's, but no one was very special in any way. There was a bit of a mystery with some ghost or something and few more plot points, but nothing earth-shatering.

As for SLASH, there were two plot-lines - Harry helping two gay students come out of closet and him hiding away from veela!Malfoy, who is in love with him. Nothing very explicit about it and very easy to read even for SLASH haters... And it all ends up happily ever after, without Harry turning gay or anything.

Like I said, nice little fic, but nothing spectacular. A solid light read at best.

But the sequel, on the other hand, had pretty interesting interaction between Harry and young Tom... the kind of where no one likes Tom, including at first Harry, because they all know he'd been Voldemort before Harry de-aged him... Much more interesting than the first part, even with Harry having to explain himself over and over to the likes of Ginny Weasley...

9. Amerision

Back on topic please?

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So...how 'bout them Cowboys?

11. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

I think this is a pretty good story and so far the chapters have been leading to to a duel between Grindewald and Harry with the forshadowing in the third chapter "Diagon Alley". Maybe with proper dicipline and a duel between two wizards of opposite spectrums will show Tom the power of light magic vs dark. Tom might even participate or be a unwilling victim in the fight. Either way, I think some shit is going to go down. I also like this author because he updates quickly judging by the original post date to recent update.

Anybody notice Harry is similiar to Snape, just not as well composed around Dumby. The charcterisation of Tom and Harry was pretty spot on though, i dislike Harry showing weakness with his joints all the time. It's getting a bit anoying.

12. Amerision

The joints are just an excuse for the author to not make Harry perfect.

I hate that too, it's horribly annoying. At one point I was begging for Harry just to stay in bed so the goddamn thing would go away.

Also it fails to mention Dumbledore being alot younger, and he acts much th same. A bit weird. I can't help but think Harry is going to kill Grindelwald, however. Can't keep Harry inactive. I'm just happy the author has failed to mention Ginny so far.

13. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

Hey everybody this story has been updated ch 7 is up check it out!!!!

14. Amerision

God, that was awesome.

The author is just plain evil, though. That cliffhanger was just mean.

*sigh*

I can't wait for more.

15. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

That was a good chapter i'm a little confused why Harry isn't using some wandless magic though. Did Harry take a AK again and not die? The author is pretty evil with the way things ended I want to know what happends next, as Harry's point of view was all messed up from being hit so many times.

16. Amerision

Harry isn't dead. The AK is an instant death, but Harry heard Tom's cries of panic and saw Dumble's auburn hair before he black out - AFTER saying he got hit.

But, hey! Harry is the boy-who-lived again!

17. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was pretty good, though I distinctly hate cliffhangers lol.

Think that the man Harry killed was Grindlewald?

18. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

I like this fic it's unique and so far well written. The last chapter was pretty good and I really like where he is heading with this fic.

19. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

Actually the author is a her, I even made the mistake of thinking the author was male. Hopefully, the author won't start making the whole fic relation hip centric because then i would kill myself with kitchenware. I know I''m stereotyping female writers, but for the most part, they love writing the fluff it is the bane of HP fanfiction.

So far though, this is one of my favorite fics being written simply because there are so few of Harry mentoring Riddle stories. The only critisim i have is the chapters are short and alot more could take place within certain chapters.

20. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

It's updated finally. That cliffhanger from last week is resolved, check it out.