1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Fletching by AlfheimWanderer - T - Fate/Stay Night x Tsukihime

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: Fletching
    Author: AlfheimWanderer
    Rating: T
    Fandom: Fate/Stay Night x Tsukihime
    Pairing: Emiya Shirou/Ceil(Yumi)
    Words: 26,816
    Published: January 06, 2011

Summary: The World is dying and humanity along with it, with modern civilization brought to its knees. In the face of this backdrop of despair and desolation, can even a would-be hero maintain his course? Or like so many others, will he stray from it...and fail?

Link: FF.Net

One of the best stories I've read in a very long time, crossover or not. Just amazing. It's actually a side-story to another one of his works, an Evangelion/Angel Notes crossover but it isn't needed to enjoy this oneshot. I read Fletching first, before finding that.

In reality, it's more Evangelion/Nasuverse. Both stories contain elements of FSN, Tsukihime, Angel Notes, Kara no Kyoukai, Evangelion and probably more.

Anyway, a must read if you enjoy Fate/Stay Night.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Not sure about this story, but I will check out his Evangelion/Angel Notes. Good find on the author.

3. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Well written and enjoyable, even for someone who has no more than a cursory introduction to Evangelion or Tsukihime. Very clear characterization, especially considering the gradual transformation into Archer the author portrays. Enjoyable, much moreso than much of the drabble out there, but it isn't exceptional enough for a perfect rating. Solid 4/5.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  4. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

It's an amazing one-shot; the author masterfully uses his own interpretation of Second Impact to create a scenario that makes the Emiya/Archer transformation not only realistic, but probable.

5/5, go read it now.

5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

This is essentially my favourite Type-Moon story which is impressive considering it's just a one-shot.

It's like reading about the origin of Archer in that period between the end of the Holy Grail War and his death, seeing him warped by the post-apocalyptic world where he's forced to compromise on his ideals and eventually learn to unleash his inner world upon reality. Though that's more like the story's backdrop while the true basis is the relationship between Shirou and Ciel as they survive together in a shitty reality.

It's definitely one that I find myself re-reading every so often. The only problems I have with it is that I'm not a fan of the onomatapeia used during fight scenes which I find more distracting than immerize. I suppose that might be influenced by its visual novel origins but they have the benefit of actual sound effects. It's probably longer than it needs to be as well - the introduction drags on a tad longer than it needs to - but I don't particularly mind in this case.

4.5/5 rounded up