1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned We, In Faith by snafuedKing - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Darkside, May 4, 2006.

1. Darkside

Darkside Third Year

Title: We, In Faith
    Author: snafuedKing
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Action/Adventure
    Pairing: Unclear (hopefully Harry/OC)
    Summary: AU The world believes that Harry Potter died sixteen years ago while his parents survived. But with the Triwizard Tournament finally starting, why has this boy that looks so much like the Potters appeared?
    Link: Link

A total GOF AU featuring Alive!Parents and French!Harry. Of course, that the frenchman is Harry is not admitted directly, but it's pretty obvious. I enjoyed this because it focuses on a radically different Harry than in cannon. I also like how he is subtle in his comments, and somewhat of a womanizer. Also, the Tasks are completely original, not at all from cannon. I should probably also mention that Harry has a brother who has more or less replaced him in every aspect. All in all I enjoyed reading the story. Oh, and I have no idea as to why the title is what it is. I can't connect it to the story in any way.

2. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I read some of that fic, but I got confused and I couldn't follow what was going on. Well, that or I just can't remember what I read... most likely the latter.

3. razz

razz Seventh Year

I read this ages ago, it's pretty good. But its been on hiatus for months now ...

4. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

I read this a few months ago, but I'd say this is abandonned. I mean it's gone without an update for almost a year now, but I hope it'll be updated sometime. And the name of the fic might tie in with the fact that Harry's parents haven't lost faith that he's still alive after so many years or something like that :p

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think I stopped reading when that little shitstain Malfoy got picked as a Triwizard Champion. That inbred nincompoop? Not in this lifetime. And I couldn't stand Harry's French name either. I tend to dislike fics that change Harry's name to anything other than Harry, unless it has to be done for subterfuge purposes.

6. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

I liked this fic and been having it in my favs for a long time but like LT said the french side of the story is not that interesting and I don't think we should expect any updates

7. killjoy

killjoy Guest

This was a pretty interesting fic. I have a slight feeling that the fic's abandoned. It had an interesting start. I think there is no hope of an update anytime in the future though, updated a long time ago when gods walked the earth.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hmmm. Been a while since this was updated.

When I read it back when it was still active, I really liked it. Not exactly sure why because a few things annoyed me about it, like Malfoy being a champion, but it was different, I guess. I'd like to see it continued, but I'm not sure it will. The author wanted to re-write in all the Half-Blood Prince information since I guess the author liked the book.

9. razz

razz Seventh Year

This was just updated! I had to skim over the whole thing again, and I'm not sure I like it now as much as I thought I did. It's still good though.

The author's dropped the accents. And ...

So. Right.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, just saw it was updated yesterday and read it. I still think its fairly interesting, but it's not great.

11. killjoy

killjoy Guest

That took a while. I've had the fic on my alert list and was surprised to see that it updated. I read it. Not the best chapter to read after a long wait. I was thinking that there would be more action to make up for the long wait. But at least the person updated.

12. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

Every time i read the name "Ainsley Potter," I just want to shoot somebody.

Nevertheless, this isn't terrible or anything - it's pretty original (i think).

13. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

It's a decently original plotline even now. I've only read through the first few chapters so far, but other than the name makes me want to slit a throat, it's relatively decent. 3.75/5