1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

New Headset

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Militis, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Yeah, so my current GE cheapo headset has started crackling (and the wire is separating from the controls...). It's almost time to replace it.

What do you guys suggest? I've got a pretty low budget, but can save up for a better quality (read: more durable) headset. It would be pretty cool if it were wireless (I have a pretty bad habit of rolling over the wire with my chair...>.> tile floor + flimsy wire = death), but I don't know how well those perform compared to wired.

What say ye, gamers of DLP? What would you use while trying to frag the shit out of some noob (or just building awesome blocky structures like a bawse)?

2. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I'm liking my Turtle Beach EarForce Z2s. They weren't too expensive ($51 on Amazon atm) and have been really comfortable. They aren't wireless, but you won't find a decent wireless set under $100. The wire on mine has held up well; I've run it over with my chair a few times, yanked it by accident, etc and it doesn't appear to have any problems. I have had a few static problems, but those have always been solved by simply unplugging and replugging the headphone jack. However, these could just be the result of it being cold and dry this time of year and the static charges that build up in my hair because of that.

3. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

4. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Gamecom Plantronics 377 or 777 depending on how much you can save up. Durable and great sound what more do you want?

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? D:::::::::::

5. coleam

coleam Death Eater

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Like Kang said, Plantronics 777. My work sells out of em within days whenever we get them and I've never had to deal with a defective return or anything. Plus, wireless. Round $100 in Australia.

7. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826265066

Is that the one you two were referring to? As far as I can tell, it isn't wireless...>.>

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  8. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

I know your pain. I'm at my third headset in about 5 years, taking extra caution to put the headset down before I move my chair.

On topic: As soon as my headset dies I'm probably going to buy the Logitech G930 which looks amazing so far. The reviews also add to my decision, most people are very satisfied with this.

TAKE THIS CHAIR, NO MORE WIRE TO SQUEEZE TO DEATH!

9. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Huh....maybe they have a wired variation? Pretty sure the 777 is the one I'm thinking of. That, or maybe you can buy a wireless attachment for it...I'll check at work tomorrow.

10. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Fuck my life...

I plugged in my mic today (I've got one of those that the mic can be removed from the headset - similar to, or exactly, this one), and the sound just kinda cut out. Now even with the volume control maxed and Windows' sound thing maxed, I can barely hear anything. :/

I'm at least a month away from getting paid for any of my work recently, and even then I doubt it'll be enough to buy a new headset. Le sigh.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  11. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I have recently acquired a set of Triton AX720s. The quality of sound is beyond epic, they work for PC, Xbox, PS3, Mac, Home theaters... Awesome quality, 5.1 surround, clear as... Random Bonus: The mic boom is removable. :D

Despite being huge, they're actually pretty comfortable. You can kind of feel the weight the longer you wear them.

Over all, really worth the $130 tag.

12. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

I second the Gamecom Plantronics 777. Been using the 777 for the last 4 months and haven't had any problems with it. Great quality sound (both on the treble and bass end), comfortable to wear for hours at a time, good mic and durable cord since I've run over mine on multiple occasions and there isn't even a mark.

13. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Couldn't find anything on a wireless attachment for the 777. :(

14. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Just keep an eye on slickdeals.net, they have headsets a couple times a month. Not always front page though.

edit: For example, they've got the logitech Wireless f540, suggested retail price 180 for 30 buckaroos at the moment. Its a pricing error, but if you get in the deal fast enough theres a good chance it'll ship.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  15. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Do they ship to the UK? I checked their website and it doesnt say. Or maybe im being retarded, either one.