1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Other Side of Hell by Master Slytherin - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Master Slytherin, Aug 1, 2005.

?

How much would you rate this fic?

1. Outstanding

76.5%
  2. Exceeds Expectations

14.8%
  3. Acceptable

5.3%
  4. Poor

0.8%
  5. Dreadful

2.5%
  1. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Title: The Other Side of Hell
    Author: Master Slytherin
    Rating: M
    Genre: Independent Harry/TimeTravel+slight AU
    Pairing: Harry/OC

Summary: Taken over from Egyptian Flame and changes made to ALL chapters. Post Ootp.HarryOC. Independent Harry. No slash. The price of the war is too high so Fawkes transports Harry to the past so he can right the wrongs. However there is trouble along the way and Harry will have to battle more than just Voldemort...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2508076/1/

Please try it! Read and Review.

The Other Side of Hell: The Rewrite by Michaenneth

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3943640/1/The_Other_Side_of_Hell_The_Rewrite

Edit by Minion, Jan. 2, 2016
    The original storylink is dead, but I added a zip-file with the story.
    If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Master Slytherin

Chapter 4 is up...if anyone's there...

3. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Liked the new chapter. I reviewed on FF.net under the same username. As I said; Hope you will make it a Harry/Lily fic.

4. Master Slytherin

I know that it's very rare but that's for a reason. Many people, including myself, are not fans of this pairing because it needs to be done to perfection to prevent even a hint of incest and I'm not sure if I'm up to it
    :(

5. Zevrillion

Ye, I can see that it could be a problem but it can’t get any worse than some Ginny/Ron fics I have read.

I don’t really see the problem with incest in a fic. It’s not like its real and the people that complain about it should go to a psychiatrist because they probably believe magic is real to.

If you want to minimise the whole incest thing you can make it so that the AK that destroyed Voldemort when Harry was little change Harry’s DNA and that’s why he is a perseltongue.

Another thing would be if Harry did a new ritual and it went wrong and change Harry in some ways or something like that.

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

or Harry could be his own father so its not really incest. Because he sired himself, he is just sleeping with the woman who he impregnated in a twisted way.

I still say Cormac McClaggan's aunt. SHe's very powerful, is around the same age possibly, and you can make her however you want.

Also, I don't know where people get the idea that LIly was some secret powerhouse witch. I mean, according to Ollivander James's wand is "slightly more powerful" (Sorcer's Stone)

I like to think that Lily knew some obscure spell that enabled Harry's protection to take place, but she only knew that because Voldemort was targeting her, and that is the extent of her amazing feats of magic. THis doesn't make her a bad person, its just what I think.

7. Zevrillion

Something even better. Snape’s mother. Wouldn’t that be great? Harry/Mrs.Snape.

8. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

YEah, but at this point she's already given birth to Severus.

HARRY WILL GET TO BE HIS STEP-DADDY!! :p

YES!! DO THAT! ZEV's right!!

9. Master Slytherin

:shock: I don't think I can pull that off. It's ...horrible. I don't wanna spoil the fic for everyone (incl. me).

Sorry Sev.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Snape's mum could be Uber-Sexy... its just that she got drunk one night and fucked some dude that looked like Severus and he took after his father... WEE! WHACK!

11. Zevrillion

Ye, I know she has already given birth to Snape but she doesn’t need to be that old. It was probably an arranged marriage and she could have been just 15 when she gave birth to Snape.

I don’t think it would ruin the story. We really don’t know anything about her. Who knows, she might have been the reason why Snape decided to spy for Dumbledore. Voldemort killed her for trying to help Snape turn to the light.

I think it has a lot of possibilities and you shouldn’t throw it away to quickly and take an easy pairing.

12. Master Slytherin

Zevrillion wrote:

I'm definitely not taking an easy pairing, it'll be too...boring. I'm not throwing it away because it's shit, I just don't think I'll be able to pull it off.

It couldn't be an arranged marriage; what wizard would arrange a marriage with a muggle? I suppose this is an AU story...

Anyway, I've got to make the choices fewer because there have been a LOT of votes so I'll only make 2 choices at the end of the next chapter.

Finished the James scene, now onto the Blacks' scene then I'll post! What's wierd is that quadruple the no. who read TOSH read FH but much more people review TOSH.

13. Zevrillion

It doesn’t follow HPB so it might have been arranged marriage. But who cares, it was just an idea that popped up in my mind.

But you have to agree with me. It would be damn interesting to see Snape's face when he is introduced to his new stepfather. Of cause it would have been even better if it happened in the original universe.

Looking forward to see the two candidates for Harry.

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

In which case I say go with Blaise Zabini's mother. THe model murderer (its a pun because she gets away with murder, and she's a model....I'm an idiot.)

Anyway, go with her.

15. Zevrillion

OK, if not Lily or Mrs. Snape, I would go for Voldemort’s father’s best friend’s doctor’s sister in law’s muggleborned friend’s boss’s child.

16. Zevrillion

Oh, I forgot. That would be Blaise’s mother.

17. Master Slytherin

I didn't rule out Lily completely and now that you mention it, Patricia's perfect!

18. Zevrillion

Or you could make it a Student/Teacher fic. And that would be Harry/McGonagall.

Maybe in the past McGonagall aren’t that loyal to Dumbles like she is in the future and will side with Harry instead.

19. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

not Zabini, Moon or OC. I;d say Lily but the only one you can really pull it of is Shezza and lately that has shitty chapter filled with Shit. heh

so that leaves Harry/cissa and Harry/Bella. From various sources I've confirmed that Bella is 1 year older than Narcissa, Lily and all them. so hopefully it'll be one of those two or lily

20. Master Slytherin

You do know it's not Blaise's mum everyone, it's his aunt because his mum won't be a zabini would she.