1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

opening pdf files with C++?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Kthr, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Hey guys, anyone knows any library / command in C++ that opens a .pdf file? I'm trying to write a program that will show the user some options regarding which file he wants to open from a pre-defined list(Such as the type of essay written, then the essay itself). Writting the list is easy enough, using a bunch of cout and cin, but Im having trouble fiding how would the program interact with windows to open the file itself.

For the sake of avoiding a mess, all the files from a subject will be found in the same folder as the .exe and be easily named as numbers.

This is basically me getting bored and trying to come up with a way to avoid opening a shitload of folders within folders before I can find that essay I need to quote from a few semesters back.

2. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

On topic: Maybe some of these will help.

Off topic: Can we have a programming forum/subforum somewhere? Not just for help about programming, but talking about it too. Support doesn't seem to fit the bill, and nothing in Multimedia really fits either.

3. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I'm leaving it as it is for today. I ended up using a system("file.pdf") just for the kicks and it did the trick, then set up a switch function with a different case for each file. So far it did the trick, only trouble is that I need all files in the same folder.

@Militis : I'll get a look in those sites as soon as I'm able tomorrow, thanks for the help:cool:

I agree with getting a subforum for programming. Now that I have a decent teacher I'm starting to enjoy it.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Alright. It seems there's some demand for it, and programming is near and dear to my heart (not to mention my livelihood).

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

6. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

YES! Major love Raven. No homo.

Now if only I could remember why I really wished we had this subforum when I first thought about it. >.< There was something I wanted to post, but I can't remember what it was.