1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Shattered Prophecy by Project Dark Overlord - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by MysterioX, May 8, 2006.

1. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Title: A Shattered Prophecy
    Author: Project Dark Overlord

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2762511/1/

Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama
    Pairings: Nothing yet
    Summary: A twist of Fate… an opened window… a cradle robbed… two frantic parents… a lost hope, along with a shattered Prophecy.

The fic's readable. Voldi makes Peter steal the chosen one while the Potter’s are asleep. Harry’s loved and trained by the Dark Lord later becoming his assassin. During one job he gets caught and the story continues.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've read this and it's in my ff.net favs...it's quite a clishe idea but this one is one of the better ones in my opinion...not great, but still DLP worthy.

3. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I got pretty far into this one before my interest dropped off. I'm not much of a fan of those "Harry has to choose between light and dark" stories, and this one seemed to be heading that way.

It was entertaining, though.

4. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I hate it when both sides love Harry. Making him choose between them is kinda cruel and makes it unbearable.

Other than that, it is kinda pointless. The plot is just angst, confusion, and acting "I'm the shit" 24-7.

5. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Eh i enjoy it, though I really have nothing better to do and afterawhile anything looks good. Acutaly thats how I got into Naruto fanfiction.....

(sorry didn't mean to go rambling)

-Edit

6. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I'm fairly certain that this is a re-write, i've read this and the last one but i gotta agree with majority, the story is all about picking one or the other why he acts like his the ducks nuts yet cry's like a bitch when Moody slaps him around. *shrugs* I'am fairly sure he starts attending Hogwarts and befriends all those fuck jobs that he is chummy with in canon, truely a low-standard fic.

7. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

The new chapter was better than most, but still solidifies the side choosing concept. Except in this one, Dumbledore basically mind-rapes Harry.

While I was reading it, I was hoping that Harry would just burst in power, undergo a magical maturation, learn 1000+ cool abilities in 10 seconds, and go on a wild killing spree.

The tension and suspense is unbearable. The author is just building and building up, and I'm just fed up.

DO SOMETHING!

8. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

That's one of the reasons I avoid it now. Suspense, too much of it anyway, drives me insane.

9. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

i like the story a lot. however, all the stories that have this plot(harry being raised by voldi and then found by light side) picture harry becoming light. i hate that. harry should never ever turn his back to voldemort. that's why i always stop reading this type of stories.

this one is going in the rigth direction. in tha last chapter it became impossible for harry to trust or just work with albus. harry hates albus with all his might now. As a result i don't think harry will turn light. that's why i am still reading this fic.

10. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I love stories were harry is raised by Voldy, especially when his parents are still alive. This one is better then most as harry does not seam to suddenly wish to to serve the all-powerful light side :)

I hope Harry tortures and kills Dumbledore, the potters, the weasleys and hermione before escaping hogwarts

11. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

my problem is that is obviously not going to happen. he doesnt actually hate dumbledore.... he thinks he does. he hates what dumbledore made im go through. and he will go light. at least i think so. all clues lead to it. other than that, it was good.

12. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I dont agree with that but maybe I missed something. With Dumbledore's brutal attack on Harry's mind and Harry swearing that Dumbledore's death would be the first he would enjoy so did I think that Dumbledore had just made sure that harry would not turn to the light but I might be wrong...

13. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

i hope you are not wrong. why they make harry becoming light in this type of fics? why isn't harry a static character?? it would be way interesting if he doesn't change and i am sure most people in this site want darkharry!!

14. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

He can still be dark and redeam himself. He could ditch both dumblefock and the Voldster since he knows of the Horcruxes and possibly more than even Dumbledore about where they are located.

It could be more of an independant Harry fic. We already know he's some master assasin he probably could trick voldemort into thinking he was still his son and AK the fock from behind after the horcruxes have been disposed of then he could spit on his dead body the end.

From the forshadowing from the author, Harry doesn't even want to live he's always like i welcome death its so peaceful. i think that would be a cool plot twist just to have Harry go in a blaze of glory killing all of voldemorts eaters and then finally being overcome, after voldemort gets the AK.

Personally, if someone lied to you your whole life wouldn't you want to kill them.

15. CGB

CGB Auror

I just read the story and I liked it so far. But it really would be better if Harry won't turn light.

16. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

It has updated. Ch 15 is up!!!

17. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

Great chapter!!

I am wondering if the attack on Hogwarts will follow the attack in Book 6? It sure seams like it.

18. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

The new chapter's OK. I wonder if Fenir Greyback *sp?* will show up.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I have a bad feeling that the attack is going to fail and Harry will remain in the Order's clutches. I hope not, since I don't really like angst all that much.

20. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

If the attack would fail so would it be great if Harry were to make sure Bella would escape and also kill a few Order members. It would be great to see what Dumbledore would do then, would he insist that Harry would turn to the light still or give up?