1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Paint By Numbers by Wheezy1 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Evil Shnitzel, May 10, 2006.

1. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Title: Paint By Numbers
    Author: Wheezy1
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action\Horror
    Summary:
    Dark Harry. The war is over, the UK in shambles, as is Harry’s life. It’s time for vengeance against the people who started all his misery. Rated T for violence and torture. No sex, no romance, no language, no slash. This is not a warm fuzzy kind of like my others. The chapters are short, details murky. My critics who hated the optimistic good Harry in my other story will love this one. It’s rated for violence and abuse – no language, adult situations or slash.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2931024/1/

Basically it started by nice post-war sadistic Harry who tortures Dursleys through the portrait but after she did Ginny and Weasleys it fall downhill.

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

And once again, the link remains elusive... :)

3. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Why this is happening to me?! I put it on by the way.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Ok, this is much more original than her first idea with independant-but-still-pussylike!Harry. Weasleys are kinda BLAH, but oh well, the idea is still sweet.

The only problem is the direction she's taking this. It seems she's getting into the loop, where Harry is reviving one by one painting and letting them rant at the Dursleys... If this goes on, in the end, we'll have redeemed Dursleys, begging Harry for forgiveness and then Harry destroying their painting, killing himself and going to live with the Weasleys...

I don't know why I feel that this Wheezy author is doing this on purpose - start fine Dark/Independant stories and then turn them all pussy-like after several chapters... Maybe she read that Ginny Kill-off compilation we posted on GinnyPotter.com and this is her payback... hmmm...

5. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Heh, I found the first two chapters entertaining, the other three less so, but okay. I don't know what to think about where she is headed with it, though. Perhaps Harry will do more than just mentally torture the Dursleys?

I doubt it, but I'll hold onto hope.

6. Myst

Myst Headmaster

That was weird.. the only direction I see this going into is Harry killing himself and joining his really Insane Portrait world.

7. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Ummm I don't think this author knows the meaning of dark... All I see so far is Harry ranting at the pictures.

8. Rain

Yeah, I was rather disappointed. I'm sure if the atmosphere and reactions were gone into a bit more depth it could be considered one.. but I was mislead in the beginning chapters! I had the impression that Harry was rather evil and was going to make the Dursleys watch him be the twisted bastard they "helped" make him into. Like go off on an extensive muggle killing spree, destroying everyone they ever knew or something...

Eh. Perhaps it was because I was tired when I read it?

The author said it was supposed to be a oneshot originally, but they had drawn it out to give it a more "dramatic" effect. I wish they said it from the beginning. Entering a story with the idea it's going to be a lengthy one, only to realize it's a chapter-ized oneshot is irritating.

Still, some of the ranting was entertaining, but... Harry living forever 16 in a painting with his "love" Ginny? ick. I'm not sure this story was worth the fifteen minutes I put into it. Insane portrait world, indeed. *snicker*

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

It's completed.

All in all, not too bad short story. Certainly better than her first one. Upside is, Dursleys don't end up redeemed, like I was affraid of.

Downside... she could have made this much better. For example, more people should have betrayed Harry and become portraits (Dumbledore, Fudge, Umridge, some Weasleys etc...). That would enable more interesting torture techniques, like say... making virtual people fight each other like gladiators in exchange for virtual food... or something like that.

Like this, it's an interesting beggining and an ok ending, but the middle is rather tedious and repetitive.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  10. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Ugh, I stopped reading after Harry talked about how Vernon cut off his arm. What kind of pathetic bitch ass excuse for a wizard allows his fat ass weak muggle uncle to cut off his fucking arm. God I feel getting into a fight, just reading that makes me want to spit in disgust.

11. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

I personally enjoyed this story, even if the chapters were way too short. It had an interesting view of Harry's life. But the only part I didn't like is, I don't believe that a wizard could ever let something like that happen to them, I mean what ever happened to his "Accedental Magic" that all wizards do?

12. Rain

That's what pisses me off about Abused!Harry stories. Wouldn't the pain or despair of such a situation spur some Accidental magic? And if your Uncle is about to cut off your arm wouldn't you rather get expelled than allow the sick fuck to go through with it?! (Great, now I'm all angry.)

Harry knows magic.
    Magic can kill.
    Point wand, Green light.
    Vernon dead.

What's incredibly sad about all this is half the time they just want to give Harry a bunch of "cool" scars or a reason to yell at people. Thankfully this story didn't seem to go that way.

13. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I'm with Exiled on this one, you would of had to at least blasted the cocksucker from here to kingdom come, Nyx be damned the little bitched apperated when the fuckin hippo of a cousin was after him...some how i think something is missing?

Anyway the fic was different, i suppose there was some ok psychological torture dispite the fact that they are only a shadow of what they where. Still suicide! Harry is not cool.

14. Vassago

Vassago First Year

Second that motion :).

I agree that the concept is original, but it just doesn't do it for me...

15. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

I must say I was kinda suprised at the story but as a whole I could't feel it

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Old thread, but a good story. The chapters are short, but the impact of the story is not lessened for it. The concept is original - even now, 2 years later. The only downside to the whole thing is that he, as in canon, fell for Ginny; but it's definitely ignorable, especially in such a small fic.

5/5 without hesitation.

17. Lophaetus Occipitalis

Lophaetus Occipitalis First Year

Or, he could have placed an ever rotting/regenerating pile of lemon drops in front of Dumbles :p. But seriously, the potential for further character torture was lost among the lack of long chapters. As for the Dursley's, I'm left wondering if they, as paintings, can get Lycanthropy. I mean sure, they are a magical representation of the people, and yes they're traits are passed along. But does the magic really allow for Remus(or any other werewolf for that matter) to pass on their lycanthropy, or turn into a werewolf?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  18. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I thought it was very, very good. 4.5/5

A little over-dramatic in places, but excellent all the same.

19. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This is worthless.

.5/5

20. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Harry terrorizes the Dursleys in not overly terrifying ways. That's it.

Five out of five stars for Captain Ambitious. Pussywhipped and submissively sodomized!Harry are preferable to whatever came up here.

All this story serves to accomplish was to heighten my appreciation for From the Aybss by Ruskbyte, whose Harry dealt with the Dursleys violently, but masterfully.

Whuddafuck.

Oddly enough, I wasn't irritated by the Harry/Ginny.