1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Resolution issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Magus, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Hey DLP techno-wunderkids, I'm boned.

Turned off my computer yesterday and when I switched it on today it was showing the wrong resolution (1024x768 ). I'm running Windows 7 with a Geforce 8800 GTS on a 1680x1050 monitor and the 1680x1050 option doesn't even appear as an option on the display settings for some reason, instead it goes up to 1600x1200.

Anyone got any idea what I can do to fix this? Thanks!

Edit: Also I tried downloading the latest drivers for my nvidia card but it didn't really seem to work, any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  2. Johnny Farrar

Johnny Farrar High Inquisitor

I strangely enough had the same problem. The monitor would not detect the native resolution. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the latest ones but that did not work.

From what I remember, I manually added the resolution and set the monitor to that. That did take care of the problem.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

What Johnny said, basically. Install the nVdia driver from the site if you haven't, open the nVidia Control Center shit from the control panel, and set up a custom res.

4. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Also keep in mind that the Display (monitor) driver may be limiting the available options. This was more prevalent in XP, but may still be a factor.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There is that too. I know Linux does it for me, but I haven't ever attempted to find out on Windows. If you're using an extension cable on the DVI or VGA cable, its possible its stopping your PC from ID'ing what the monitor's native settings are.