1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Gear

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Thorn, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Thorn

Thorn Professor

Anyone know of any good MGS fics? Preferably starring Big Boss, but I don't mind Solid Snake either. I'm just looking, and haven't found any, fics that properly convey how awesomely amazing these two soldiers are. As befitting the characters themselves, I'd prefer tragedy as the genre.

I've never shed as many Manly Tears as I have over Big Boss and Solid Snake.

2. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think one reason why there aren't many is because, well, Metal Gear is great the way it is. There's not a whole lot of encouragement for fixing anything, which is one of the driving forces behind fanfiction. And the story is complicated enough that altering even a part of it is going to have huge ramifications for everything else, and properly keeping track of everything like that could be daunting.

Not to say it couldn't be done, and I'd love to see a good Metal Gear fic, but you can see why there isn't much incentive. Or at least, not as much incentive as there is with Harry Potter and the other large fandoms.

4. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

I am aware this is a bit late, but still appropriate:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7037058/1/The_Battle_Never_Ends

DLP thread:https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=20055

This is a very well done Naruto enters the MSG universe. Its slow and deliberate in its pacing, starting with Naruto entering post valley of the end battle at age 12, coinciding with 5 years before the start of MSG1. We have slowly (over the course of 300k words), moved into the midpoint of MSG2. The initial point of divergence allows many things to remain similar, but not the same; as Naruto has a habit of ending up on the wrong side of things. He never feels like he isn't an important part of the story, nor does he become the uber-protagonist that defeats all opponents.