1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Book Search

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Nocdia, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

Hey, several years ago I read a decent good book which I misplaced permanently shortly after. I haven't had any luck looking for it on my own and given the active reading population on DLP I figure it's worth a short asking if anyone here has heard of it. See the problem is I don't remember the title, the author, or any character names, though I do remember the general plot.

• Main Character is the son of a High General something or another who is friends with the King. He grows up intending to take over his fathers position and is brought up along side the King's son who eventually serves as the primary antagonist.
    • Random girl is burned at the stake because she has strange eyes (red and green?) Main Character helps her die quickly and in return she does something to him (knocks him out, his eyes change, etc etc)
    • Later, Main Character gets killed, instead of dying his spirit/soul or whatever in transferred into whoever killed him.
    • Bunch of bad romance happens with a Queen of another kingdom, who ironically, is the daughter of a man the Main Character's new body killed (Drama!)
    • Main Character tries to kill king, who is courting the Queen, fails, gets outed as the one who killed her father and is sent away in exile.
    • King sends assassin after the guy, kills him, Main Character is now in a girls body, book ends.
    That's basically it, let me know if you've heard of it!
    Thanks.

2. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Definitely feels familiar. I vaguely remember snowy castles on the front cover 0.o

I think it was one of the books that convinced me to stop buying first novels from unknown authors. I'll go peruse my amazon purchase history if no other people remember it.

3. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Sounds pretty good, actually. I want to read it! lol

4. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

I vaguely recall really liking it, but that was something like 4-5 years ago. Every so often I remember something about it and it drives me crazy not knowing. These days it's more about solving the mystery than going back and reading the book.

5. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

The book that you're thinking of is Betrayal by Fiona McIntosh.

6. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

I don't think so, it has a lot of similar elements but overall there are many unfamiliar and missing parts, from the wikipedia entry at least.
    Thanks though, I appreciate the effort.

7. pnub

pnub First Year

I believe the book you're looking for may be Myrren's Gift the first book of The Quickening Trilogy by Fiona McIntosh.

8. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

Why yes it is! Thank you very much, that has been bugging me for a while now, I even remembered the bloody cover.

9. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Well I feel like an idiot, I copied the name of the wrong book :facepalm