1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Reads...

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Antivash, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

...Harry Potter (First Post)

I've been amused by this lately. Some idiot reading Harry Potter for the first time...
    That would have made HP so much more awesome.

Beginning of the journey, so you don't have to go back so many pages...

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've been following this since the third book. I find it to be extremely amusing, especially in the later chapters and how he falls in love with the world of Harry Potter.

Also, I love the added .gif xD

3. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I approve of this recommendation. The guy started reading Twilight (and obviously hated it), so he was wary starting up a new highly popular series. But man - I really enjoyed his take on it. And now he's doing the re-read, pretty decent - plus he also does some decent ones of tv shows like firefly, avatar, and doctor who.

4. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

I am seriously entertained by this.

5. Katricia

Katricia DA Member

I've actually been following his blog for a while as well. It's what got me to read Infinite Jest, which I'm a couple hundred pages away from finishing.

It's rather fun reading other people's reactions to stories that I've read, especially since half the stuff he brings up I never even thought of. xD

6. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I'd forgotten how awesome Hagrid can be until I read some of this guy's posts.

7. ASmallBundleOfToothpicks

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks Professor

Bleah--- Wrong thread. Mods please delete.

8. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I just finished reading through all of chapter reviews of all 7 books, and all I can say is; fuck you Vash. That was one of the most entertaining thing's I've read, and I'm not sure why. Just the way he randomly keyboard smashes in mindfucking rage is hilarious I guess. I will say that some of his reviews got a tad tedious, such as his aim conversations, and I got bored of his personal life parallels by the third time he did it, and pretty much skimmed the next 10 times he did it. That being said, it was immensely satisfying in the last book when he was praying to god hoping that Remus would live because that is his favorite character, and knowing what was coming in the next chapter :awesome I pretty much forgotten how amazing some parts of canon were I guess, but this review reminded me of how awesome the story was when I first read it.

9. Thorn

Thorn Professor

So I'm reading through all his first set of reviews when I come to this quote:

I laughed uncontrollably, because I just realized that Fred and George spent an afternoon pelting Voldemort in the face with snowballs.