1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

For those who love sarcastic humor…

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Tobang, May 12, 2006.

1. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

Ok well, I just got a phone call from an old friend and one thing led to another and soon we were talking about some of the funniest things we have ever read on the internet. Two pages ended up really sticking out for me as the funniest things I’ve ever read in my life, so I felt I would share with you all. These may be old news for some of you but I still felt id share.

http://bofh.ntk.net/Bastard.html
    All about a guy who’s a…well he’s spose to be a telphone operator, bur he doesn’t really do anything except be a total bastard. It may be a little lame at first but there are some moments in it that will have you chuckling for weeks.

http://amazingben.com/
    This web site is almost always good for a laugh, it gets updated regularly too, which is nice. My personal favorite section is ‘badass of the week’, but the articles can be truly hilarious at times. I honestly recommend reading the whole site as long as you can appreciate sarcastic humor.

P.S. And just for shits and giggles...
    (I guarantee the first thought to cross your mind if you click this link will be WTF?)
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...lVyWscF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  2. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

BoFH is amazing, I can honestly say that it's one of the funniest things I have ever read.

3. Lunarian

Lunarian Third Year

Hmm I don't quite get into this, this being the BOFH. I think it may have to do with not knowing the backstory, it just jumped into a guy being called and him being a total ass to his callers. Is this supposed to be real calls? A total fiction work? What?

4. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

That can't be real. It just can't....

5. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

No, it is fiction. This guy was working as an opperator back in the early ninties when he got bored so he started writing about what he wished he could be saying to the callers. The fact that he kills a few people should be enough evidence that it isn't real.

6. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

Here’s the back-story…. Some random guy is a telephone operator; his job is to help people fix their computers, and he’s the highest caliber asshole you will ever read about.

Just out of curiosity how well known is BOFH? Have a lot of you heard about it before, or none of you? I found it like a year ago from searching up bastard on google…I always figured it was one of those online legends.

7. Lunarian

Lunarian Third Year

Ah I never read far enough in to see him killing anyone, I only read the first half of chapter one. It felt too much like a gary-stu since the guys like omniscient... yeah well that was my impression.

Never heard of it before.

8. Harpy Prince

I never read it until now.

9. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I've read all that is at that site. There is actually more, as well as some that predates that, but I've never had a chance to read the entire series. I think most of its fan base is old enough to remember how computers and networks worked back then, and it was much more popular when it was newer.

10. Harpy Prince

11. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

Actually, not a telephone operator. He's an System Operator for one of those Mainframe computers, you know, the ones that are a whole room big. Back then Desktop computers were mostly a myth, so companies had one big computer with a load of terminals.

This is in fact part of the 'recommended reading' for people who intend to work as Network/System administrators, especially at HelpDesks. Fictional and strictly unofficial, of course :cool: