1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Love Song Like the Way It's Meant To Be by snegurochka lee - NC17

Discussion in 'Romance' started by T3t, May 12, 2011.

1. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: A Love Song Like the Way It's Meant To Be
    Author: snegurochka lee
    Rating: NC17
    Genre: Romance
    DLP Category: Romance
    Pairing: Harry Potter/Pansy Parkinson and Scorpius Malfoy/Rose Weasley
    Words: 29754
    Published: Dec. 22, 2010

Summary: As Rose tries to find a way to tell her family she's in love with the son of their old enemy, she is heartened (and a bit weirded out, honestly) to discover that her uncle is shagging someone so much worse.
    Link: Livejournal, ArchiveOfOurOwn

There's entirely too little good HP/PP in the fandom, and I daresay this is the best fic I've ever read with the pairing. Jeconais' is shit, frankly.

There is also entirely too little good smut in the fandom, and this provides a decent dose to keep us perverts happy.

Not very long, about 30k words.

I can't really say a bad word about this fic - 5/5.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 18, 2012
    Checked by Sorrows: 03/08/2019

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
  2. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

:eek: Literally just finished reading that, came here and saw it on the front page.

Anyway, it is what it is. A romance story with smut. It's quite good at what it is, with believable characterizations. It's not the best HP/PP I've read, but it's pretty damn good. Story dragged though. After a while it's just repeating the same "Oh no, how do we tell our friends" drama. There's no other conflict in the story, so the author extended that one to the point where it was annoying.

4/5

3. T3t

High Score:
    Eh, yeah, it was a bit long. Care to list the better HP/PP stories you know of? I'm interested :D

4. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Pretty meh to be honest. It's written well enough I guess, but these characters are pretty much blank slates, and it felt like I was just reading smut with some HP characters names on it, rather than an HP story.

The were quite a few things I didn't like, such as the very first smut scene. They both keep saying 'god' over and over again, and it's just not something wizard would say, especially Scorpious Malfoy.

I'd give it a 13/20 because most smut out there is trash, and this was readable for the most part, if a bit tedious and bland.

5. T3t

High Score:
    I dunno, I didn't feel the blank slates at all. Pansy was definitely who she would have been in her 40s given canon, and Harry was very passably done. Rose and Scorpius were far from empty shells, though Scorpius was a bit of a pussy, I guess he's in Ravenclaw and not in Slytherin for a reason.

And I can forgive muggle-isms during sex, especially since whenever I read "Merlin!" during a sex-scene it breaks the flow, personally.

6. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

I enjoyed reading this. Sure, it isn't exceptional, but it did grab my attention and held it rather well. I didn't care much for reading about Scorpius and Rose, but the Harry/ Pansy was interesting. The story was well written throughout, and I felt the characterisations were very good - at least for those characters which we know, as I can't say much for the second gen characters. There were a few good laughs to go with the drama and the smut, too, so kudos for that.

Overall, I'd say 4/5.

With regards to other Harry/ Pansy stories... the only one I can think of which I enjoyed reading more than this is the exceptional Angels Don't Live Here.

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Dire Straits for the win.

Uncle Stojil

8. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I'm giving this story a 3/5. It's a decently written story, but the bullshit just keeps dragging on too long.

9. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

The title needs to be changed, I almost turned away from the computer screen.