1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Smallville Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Skeletaure, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, anyone know of any good Smallville fics?

Some preferences:

- Either no pairing or Clark/Lois. I don't think I could read Clark/Chloe, and definitely not Clark/Lana. Lana got old somewhere around season 2. Pairings with other characters... I guess that depends. I doubt there's any out there, but Clark/Kara would be alright.

- Prefer them to be set early-series rather than late-series. Before mid-season 4, preferably. I really didn't like the direction the series took then. In particular, I'm not interested in stories involving witches/magic, or aliens other than Clark. The only good thing about post-season 4 Smallville was Lois.

- I have a particular desire for time travel fics (i.e. your typical NoFP plot, but Clark not Harry) or complete AU fics starting from the pilot.

- Generally, I would be interested in stories where Clark has some kind of ambition. I'm not interested in insecure!Clark. Some examples of the types of ideas I'd be interested in: Clark who joins the US military with Whitney. Clark teams up with Lex. Clark is against Lex, but decides to enter into the corporate arena. Criminal!Clark.

- Good Clark/Lois romance fics are also relevant to my interests.

Needless to say, I haven't found many fics that meet these desires. Well, except for the Clark/Lois romance fic front, but even then most of them are painfully fluffy and completely overdo or destroy their characters.

Some fics I have enjoyed:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4934521/1/Bed_Buddies

Clark/Lois romance fic. Quite fluffy, but fairly well-written nonetheless.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4904429/1/Crime_Lord

Red Kryponite Clark fic. Also Clark/Lois.

Both are complete.

2. yankee

yankee Squib

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  3. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

GOOD LUCK SIR.

Somehow I only ever seem to find slash and crappy BtVS crossovers. The Smallville fandom is almost as bad as Supernatural.

That said, I'd kill for some time travel that isn't complete shit.

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Kind of an odd duck of a request. Smallville fics rather than just Superman mythos generically, and primarily you want stuff while the BDA is more often than not a whiny angsty teenager. Early Smallville was all about Clark struggling to accept who he is. It works great as a show because we know the otherworldly superhero he inevitably becomes, but the fanfiction left in its wake is often.... lacking. Still, I'd love to find some recs from others so I'll see about sharing a few.

First time travel I thought of that sounded somewhat relevant was Future Tense. It starts with Clark and Lana (who I think are a couple) discovering a Lois Lane-Kent from the future. It's pretty short and has a completed sequel about the same size called The Guardian.

Here's one where Lois and Clark travel to the future.... and to be honest, I don't really remember much about it. Yesterday Today and Tomorrow: Full Circle. It's got a completed sequel thats over 100K words called Tailspin.

Diametric is an old fic where a Clark from an AU comes and manages to turn the Smallville one into less of a loser. I.e., break up with Lana and horizontal boogie with Lois.

I found all of those during my days of trolling the Divine Intervention forums. It's Lois/Clark pairing specific. There's some decent fic in the forums there that may not be available anywhere else. There's a healthy amount of teeth-rotting fluff but some gems too. I remember one series I enjoyed was by Erika beginning with Red Lust, then Destiny Embraced and Fractured Reality. Although mainly it was Destiny Embraced that got me to read the first one.

And even though it doesn't fit your requests more than the pairing I must still recommend the funniest Smallville fic ever written by me:
    The Incredibly Dense Mind of Lois Lane

5. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Smallville doesn't have that many good fics, sadly. I've been considering attempting a rewrite of the series, but I can't seem to find the will....