1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Enemy Mine by Delauney - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Amerision, May 16, 2006.

1. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Title: Enemy Mine
    Author: Delauney
    Rating: M
    Pairing: None
    Genre: Angst/Horror

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2881234/1/

Summary: After the unfortunate demise of Dumbledore, Harry finds guilt, an old childhood friend bent on owning him, and Voldemort too much for one human to handle.

This story is just...weird. It looks like Harry is going insane, but I can't be sure. It takes place after Dumbledore's death.

Harry's childhood friend has come back - a vampiric like creature that kept him company during his abuse before Hogwarts.

It's hellbent on being Harry's only friend, and desires to protect him from harm - to be his best friend forever. It seems to show up when Harry is feeling particularly alone. It dissapeared after he left for Hogwarts when he found friends that replaced it.

It's 6'5, ridiculously strong, and wants to kill anything that hurts "its" Harry.
    Voldemort had better watch out.

I'm guessing this is going to be a Dark!Harry.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 24, 2012
    The link isn't working anymore. If anyone knows where to find the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  2. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

this is looking like schizoid harry.i cant be sure but w/e it is its damn origional. this thing is cool, but i just hope there isnt any weirdd..... mind slash .

3. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Nah, I don't think it's gonna be slash. I screened the Author's favorites and stuff, no slash.

4. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Well, it's wierd and kinda crazy but overall I think it is worth a read. Besides the idea is original, and kinda cool.

5. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I just read it. It's definately different. I figure that either it is an actual creature that has taken an interest in Harry, or it is a manifestation of Harry's lonelyness, made real by his magic. It definately has form, as it's able to lift Harry up.

There doesn't seem to be a possibility for gross Harry!Charley slash. It has no genitalia, after all.

6. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

Unless it was just added, she has a bit of Sasuke/Naruto in her user favorites. Possible homosexual-tendencies aside, this story is rather interesting. Not big on stories where Harry has someone else do the dirty work for him, though.

7. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I'm reserving my judgement for when we get back to the present. I want to see how Harry reacts to Charlie's return.

8. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    The author wrote that Charlie was a real creature not a physical manifestation of Harry's thirst for friendship.
    I think its off the wall enough to be a good story

9. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

That was just creepy, plain and simple. To me, it seems as if Charlie is some sort of psycho child predator/rapist vampire that has Harry marked as his victim.

NOT my cup of tea, but an excellently written story, and if you ever feel like becoming depressed and creeped out in a short amount of time, read this fic.

10. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    Next chapter up

11. Blesser

Blesser First Year

I like it, it's unique and interesting.

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

@_@ Holy shit that is fucking creepy. But damned is that a good read. Pity that it hasn't been updated in more than a year. >_>

13. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

"Charlie" is an interesting character, and something that sets this story apart from others. Whatever Charlie is, it clearly isn't telling Harry the complete truth. It hasn't really reached a point where the readers know where the author is going to go with this... Sadly, it doesn't look like we're ever gonna find out; it's been abandoned for over a year.

14. Kaz Hirai

Kaz Hirai Squib

I agree with the sentiments of the other posters ITT. This is a genuinely well written story that doesn't involve dumb clichés, superfluous swearing, or radically different alternate histories. It's really too bad that it had to be abandoned like this.

EDIT: I somehow thought this was on the first page. How embarrassing. :/

15. Lophaetus Occipitalis

Lophaetus Occipitalis First Year

Don't give up hope yet. I have had many an experience when a author does not update in a long time and I am confidant that with enough support she'll get back on that horse and ride again so to speak.

Also, there isn't anything I can say about this story as my opinion mirrors most of the people in this thread. What I can say though is that, while I don't find this story creepy, there are certain aspects of this story that certainly give of a creepy and menacing vibe when introduced to the story

16. Scriblerus

Scriblerus First Year

Really, really creepy. Reminds me of this film, except Charlie is....Charlie and not a fly thing.

17. Lophaetus Occipitalis

Lophaetus Occipitalis First Year

Wow Scriblerus, that looks like a creepy movie, especially when you watch it without sound and you just insert your own words. I can defiantly see the parallels between the two stories. For Charlie, I always pictured him as a kind of anorexic "generator" from the Resident Evil 4 game.

18. Scriblerus

Scriblerus First Year

Yeah, that trailer freaked me out for a while, not going to lie.
    I kinda picture him like a non-saggy version of the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth (the scary thing with eyes in its hands that chases Ofelia).

19. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Oh after watching that trailer I have to read this fic, the whole "I'm here" thing made me shiver.

[EDIT] First three lines are appalling, really, really bad. Bad hyphon use (or typo). Third sentence, bleh, constant existence is not a good expression. Fourth sentence "shocking and completely unexpected," two adjectives describing the same thing. [EDIT] Whole first bloody paragraph is badly written hope this picks up.

"Familiar eyes" Now that's better.

[EDIT] Emo clothes now man this fic better start getting really good really fast. "black clothing fitting his long arms and legs like a dark lover" Now THAT is one hell of a bad line.

[EDIT] Alright just finished this fic and HOT DAMN did it get better, dark psycho Harry with some evil dark thingy as companion (would someone tell me how to make that funky spoiler thing please) and the companion is badass. Really it doesn't start too well but the English improves or I started enjoying the fic enough to not notice it but it is excellent work. Because of the bad start I can't give it a 5/5 but still it's worth at least 4.5/5.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  20. athousandyears

athousandyears First Year

Wow... a bit weird. But interesting... I think I might keep reading.