1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ringer

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Innomine, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, of all the new TV shows out this season, Ringer is the one that stands out the most for me. I first gave it a go because it starred Sarah Michelle Gellar, and I was bored. I haven't seen huge amounts of her, but what I had I liked, so I figured I'd give this a go.

The first episode was actually surprisingly good. There were twists that I definitely did not see coming and while I am usually not a fan of drama, this didn't have many if any of those cringeworthy moments that I loathe.

I wasn't sure if it was going to be a one hit wonder however, so I figured I'd give it a couple of episodes to see how it went. The second episode lived up to it, steadily bringing the story forward dealing with the issues in the previous episode. The third, which I just saw, was much of the same quality. It tied up some questions, brought forward new ones. Some of the twists I definitely don't see coming half the time.
    Even though the question was answered, the implication that the Husband ordered the hit was definitely not something I saw coming.

What really works for me though, is the chemistry between the main characters. SMG does a brilliant job acting, and the support cast definitely isn't shabby either. I actually really like the husband, and all of the people she deals with on a regular basis play their part well. It's especially interesting when you get deeper and deeper into the mystery that Siobhan has left behind. I especially like how none of the decisions made are particularly retarded, except for the premise obviously. Some of them may not be particularly intelligent, but they are at the very least understandable and believable.

To sum it up, definitely my favorite new show of the season so far. Terra Nova is like a shit version of this with Dinosaurs and Person of Interest could be good, but the first episode showed little but potential.

What do you all think of it?

2. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Meh. Its alright. The best thing about the show is Andrew. I'm usually more interested in seeing what he is up to than watching Bridget making an idiot of herself half the show.

The only characters I care about so far are Andrew and Juliet. The father-daughter interaction has lots of potential.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Watched the third episode today and it's still pretty awesome. I like almost all off the characters except the chick who plays Henry's partner who also played Dexter's insane GF in season 2. Does she only play roles for which I have to hate her? I don't even appreciate her ability as an actress to convey that properly, I just hate her.

So, yeah, my favorite of the new series.

4. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I've been enjoying this. I wasn't aware that SMG could act outside of her Buffy-role so well.

5. Bittersweet Freedom

Bittersweet Freedom Second Year

What do you mean? Haven't you ever watched Cruel Intentions?

Show's pretty good so far.

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'd completely forgotten about that film until you reminded me. It's twelve years old; I wonder how well it holds up.

7. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

This is possibly the only show I actually really like from all the fall premieres.

8. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

It's amazing how well they did with such a ridiculous premise. And the funny part is this isn't even The First time Sarah Michelle Gellar has played two different characters on the same show! (Actually, she had a grand total of four different roles on BtVS, but who's counting?)

The only part that's straining my credulity is
    The FBI agent doesn't even seem to have considered that Bridget is Siobhan, even in the face of clues like her sponsor's name on her cellphone.

9. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Did anyone catch the latest episode. Awesomely unpredictable writing!

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man... every fucking episode still manages to completely surprise me. Just caught this weeks.

Did NOT see that end coming. Jesus christ.

I love the music in this show as well. It really helps me engage with what's going on.