1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cloak and Dagger

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Exile, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

I'm procrastinating on a paper for college right now in a class called "Cloak and Dagger" (so of course I'm cruising DLP). It is a course themed after the mystery and espionage genre (mostly books but also movies) and it's founding and development through the years. It is an extremely interesting and satisfying class. I actually already owned half the required reading before it started. From Conan Doyle to John le Carre, all books worth reading.

So the reason for the thread is this, which classic mystery novel is most beloved? Even the great fantasy readings I've done usually have a mystery novel at their core. I mean Mistborn entertained me more from it's heist/thriller point than it's actual new fantasy system (even though I loved it too). And the Dresden files are clearly an amalgam of the two genres in a beautiful kick ass series. So what's the fan favorite here?

2. Lightfighter

Lightfighter Third Year DLP Supporter

Heh, to be honest the only "classic" mysteries I've read are Agatha Christies. But damn were they good.

Murder On the Orient Express has to be my favorite out of hers. Hercule Poirot!