1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Thunderstorm by T3t - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Lungs, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Thunderstorm
    Author: T3t
    Rating: T
    Genre: Romance/Adventure
    Chapters: 11
    Words: 40,414
    Updated: February 23, 2012
    Published: June 16, 2011

Library Category: The Alternates
    Pairings: Harry/fem!TomRiddle
    Summary: The first time, it was an accident. The second time... well, I really should have known better. HP/Fem!TR
    Link: ffn and WbA

For my 600th post, I thought I'd rec one of my favorite stories of all time, and one of the only ones I still follow...

This will not be everyone's cup of tea. The idea of fem!characters doesn't usually appeal to a whole bunch of people, and the thought of shipping Harry with Tom Riddle (despite the fact that she's a wimminz) is pretty hard to get over at first.

The writing isn't masterful, per se. T3t started as a somewhat-passable writer, and is still improving, but improvement can literally be seen in every chapter.

Harry is four years older than he is in canon, and a member of Slytherin House, and the story starts in his 6th year.

Dumbledore is written tastefully, and Snape isn't a burden to read.

Some -ev for having a sort of magical horcrux bond between them, but... it's tastefully done...

In fact, that's probably the best word I can describe this work with.

tl;dr Harry shipped against a female Tom Riddle, done seriously, and tastefully.

5/5 for the amount of sheer awesome.

Checked by Minion, January 14, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  2. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    *4 years older. And wow, thanks, dude.

3. Lungs

High Score:
    Fixed :D

/10char

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah the interactions are so win. 5/5 for me too

5. Nargles

Nargles Seventh Year

Lungs, you bastard! Other people wanted to rec this thing! :mad:

Now, on to the story itself:

I'ts pure fucking win. Sure, it's not the best written thing out there, but it gets better with each update that T3t throws at us. Like Lungs pointed out, the pairing between Harry and Voldebabe is tastefully executed. Because of this fic and Nuhuh's and Syaoran's smut work, Harry/Voldebabe is my favorite pairing.

5/5

Also, because I'm an asshole, and because Lungs recc'd this before I did, I'm putting this up again:

[Disregard I suck cocks and want to be temp banned.]

User was temp banned for this post
    --Vash​

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Almost as bad as Pony!Voldemort. Almost :(

7. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

The only reason this story doesn't get a perfect score from me is because the technical writing at the beginning wasn't so great and some of the characters (Dumbledore's) actions are a little unbelievable. T3t explained his reasoning, but I still can't say I agree.

Anyway, 4/5.

8. Lungs

High Score:
    D. Fooking. 8, Nargles.

And since I'm an asshole, and you put that picture down,

D. Fooking. 8, Dark Shadow Phoenix.

:awesome

9. Nargles

Nargles Seventh Year

Fook you. And it was DarkShadowPhoenix... no spaces... burn in hell, you rotten bastard! :(

D8

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Wouldn't it of been better if it was spaced :awesome

11. Nargles

Nargles Seventh Year

Yeah, but it means more key strokes, and I'm all about the conservation of work. Just like that Lazy!Harry from that Hufflepuff fic.

/trolling

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Can we please not use this thread for random /off talk? Thank you.

Also, Nargles, I'm severely tempted to edit the post and remove the wtf :s
    What the fuck.

T3t
  13. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I gave a few reviews on this on ffn a week or two back. I found it to be quite dry and boring, especially with the first person point of view, and even more so in the first few chapters. Grammar was iffy in a few spots, there were some spelling mistakes and just some shifty wording overall. Some of the concepts were just odd as well, maybe contrived, or just not explained well enough. I'm not a real fan of changing people's characteristics just to make the plot fit around them. I don't take rating points off for that, but it doesn't endear me to the story either.

A novelty concept really, but not worth getting chuffed about. I give a 3/5 for the beginning chapters, and a 4/5 for the later ones, so rounded that would be a 3/5 total. It's just not exciting, entertaining, or engaging enough. If there was more substance to the story, some of the concepts may have worked better.

14. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

5/5

Any review I give won't give this story justice. It's pure win to the 10th power.

15. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

The whole thing started out as a gimmick, but the story has come into its own quite nicely as of late. T3t's Harry/Tom relationship is probably the best that could possibly be done, considering the sources, but Dumbledore and a handful of smaller problems keep the story from true excellence. Still, definitely 4/5.

16. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Love the story so far. 4/5 from me at the moment. I love the Harry/Fem!Tom pairing he's been doing. Very nice.

17. Desmir

Desmir Squib

I have similar problems to some other here, the first person perspective isnt one of my favourites (i find it very hard to write as well as read it). The concept of magic seeing and crushing? or something like that didnt seem very well explained to me, as I read this at work when it died down, i didnt really understand it at all and just pushed on.

I wonder why the age gap between Harry and his previous classmates is even necessary, why couldnt it have happened in ALL of their sixth years? i dont see the point in moving Harry up only. The seperation from main characters we know/hate just results in us being bombarded with OC's.

Overall the concept is ok, she is very feminine though and very....sensitive? girly? like a teenager. Which is odd when compared to her male counterpart, is she not the same girl that killed myrtle? that released a savage beast amongst fellow students? didnt she torture the orphans and wasnt she planning on murdering her muggle relatives, and she split her SOUL. She just seem a little too much like an emotional teenager to me, this is riddle we are talking about here and she's just....a child? who fell in love with Harry? for whatever reason.

I love a well written slytherin Harry tho, some of the things he thought of doing to be clever, sneaky or safe was well done. Overall I am enjoying it, though i find the pace of the story so fast, its like you can see the ending already coming.

Perhaps all the shit fics recomended by newer members in this past few months have lowered expectations

but ide give this a 4/5 it does deserve to go into the Library.

(edit: changed my review from 3.5/5 to 4/5)

18. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    T3t has written a fantastic story out of plot that I doubt anyone but the best authors on the site could have seriously imagined writing. The developing relationship between the two main characters was just fast enough to keep it fresh without making us wait thirty-six chapters for an almost first kiss. The other characters in the fic are written well, although I'm certain Snape would have reacted a lot differently in canon if he had been presented with a young female Voldemort.

I would personally rate this slightly above a 4/5 because while it is one of my favorites, it is not quite perfect and I doubt T3t would say it is a 5/5 either. Still, the story is original, fun and suitably dark and I'm still anxiously anticipating a kick ass battle between Harry, Dumbledore and the two Voldebabes (as some people have been calling them).

4.5/5 rounded up from 4. Awesome job, T3t; this fic is definitely one of the best currently being written and it more than deserves a spot in the library. If this was written six years ago, there would be thousands of Harry/female!Voldemort stories out there.

19. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

I set off reading wanting to like this fic, but I was somewhat disappointed. The story seems solid, but it was just lacking something I can't even describe and didn't really draw me in. It's not that there is something wrong with the story, it seemed pretty good, but I just can't see the awesome the some people do. I'm rating this 3,5/5 rounded up to 4, because I still do want to read more, as the concept is interesting and I'm hoping I will like it better with a few more chapters.

20. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

While I find the story really enjoyable and the writing is generally pretty good, the circumstances leading to Riddle becoming corporeal in the present time were sort of sketchy, in my opinion at least. Also, the duel between them later on seemed sort of awkward to me. Nevertheless, a very solid 4/5.