1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone want to take over/rewrite my story?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Skeletaure, May 25, 2006.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To a mod/admin. This post is damn long. I don’t know whether it should be moved to work by authors section or not, as it is, in a way, the telling of a story.

I have now officially decided to abandon my first story (not Turncoat).

It is found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2830608/1/

However, I hate to see all the planning I did for it go to waste so I am going to post what I'd thought up here and see if anyone wants to take over the writing of my story, or even a re-write.

I'm just going to post my rough outline as the whole thing in detail would be too much (I'm going to write out the story from the beginning as well, as most of you haven't read it). If anyone does take over then I'll be more than happy to give out any plot that i had thought of.

Also, even of you don't like the whole thing, if you find you like parts of it, feel free to trident them (I'm particulalry proud of my take on Grindlewald).

Here goes, it's gonna be a long post:

The story follows the life tale of a man named Nicolae Edward Volanté, who is born in 1927 to Elladora Black and the Russian pureblood Edward Volanté.

In the early stages of his life, his mother dies as a result of a long term illness that she has had since she gave birth to him. This death will be one of the most motivating factors for Nicolae throughout his life.

As he grows older he is given the education that any pureblood wizard should get and is found to be very inteligent, although until his mother dies he has little motivation to apply himself.

Then, when he is around 8 or so, he is bitten by a vampire in the forest on the edge of the grounds. As the vampire is interupted from feeding, Nicolae will only become a half-vampire.

The effects of this are not very significant, basically, he has slightly increased strength and he will have an aversion to the sun, even though it doesn't harm him. The most significant thing that is found out is that, although he doesn't need blood, if he does drink it then he will have a power boost and be energised like no potion could make him. Although these powers may seem trivial, him being a half-vampire will be important later on.

As he is averse to the sun he ends up spending more time indoors, and more often than not in the library, reading books about a subject that interests him alot (and the only one he can practice without a wand): potions.

The time comes for him to go to school and as his mother was English he gets an invitation to Hogwarts, which he accepts. He goes to diagon alley and although he doesn't know who it is at the time, meets a young Tom Riddle going for his own school supplies. They do not get on as Tom is rude and refuses any help of any kind.

On Hogwarts Express they meet again and exchange names. Tom is suddenly all charming and charismatic, buttering up the students as opposed to how he was Diagon alley.

They go through first year (both in Slytherin) with not much happening other than Grindlewald being elected the Minister for Magic in Germany (mirroring Hitler's election). Over the year Tom and Nicolae grow closer, not quite friends, but as they are both a cut above the rest of their year they tend to stick together. The year ends with Tom telling Nicolae about his parsletounge ability - hoping that using his pureblood contacts and education, Nicolae can find Tom's father using the clue of parsletounge. This trust displayed by Tom makes their almost-friendship into true friendship - if a bit hesitant.

The rest of the Hogwarts years go by with only a few notable events:

Summer between 1st and second – Tom goes to Nicolae’s house to look for his family. Come across the name Gaunt.

End of second year: Tom finds out that Nicolae is a half-vampire.

Summer between third and forth – Nicolae’s father teaches him occlumency, Nicolae passes the skill onto Tom when they get back to school. They endeavour to learn legilimency together, taking a book from the restricted section.

End of forth year – Tom’s connection to the Slytherin line is discovered through a forbidden (as it uses blood) parentage potion they find in one of their trips to the restricted section.

Summer of forth to fifth year – At Tom’s urging Nicolae goes to find fellow vampires. He finds an enclave in Russia and spends some time with them and enjoys himself immensely with them – he feels like he has found a new home but must go back to school. The vampires take some blood from Nicolae to find out his sire, but won’t be able to find out till a while as the magic takes time.

Fifth year – Tom starts having progressive dreams (a bit like Harry’s dreams of the DoM in OotP) of where the chamber of secrets is. He opens it and lets out the monster within but is forced to close it as in canon.

Summer of fifth to sixth year –The vampires come and tell Nicolae that the one who bit him was infact a prince of the vampires.

Sixth year – Tom asks Slughorn about Horcruxes. Comes up with the name lord Voldemort. As his friend has made himself a new title, so does Nicolae – he named himself the Half-blood Vampire Prince, abbreviated to the Half-Blood Prince. He starts creating useful spells in his potions book.

Summer between Sixth and Seventh – Tom kills his father and makes the diary horcrux with his death. Nicolae knows of it, and attempts to question the wisdom of splitting ones soul after the horcrux is made. Tom becomes angry and demands to be called Lord Voldemort. From that point on their friendship begins to change, Tom becoming more of a Lord than a friend.

Seventh year – Grindlewald is finally defeated by Dumbledore. The British and German ministries of magic had been at wizard war ever since the German ministry took over the polish ministry in 1939. Tom and Nicolae graduate, both with top marks in their chosen fields.

It should be noted that Nicolae is especially gifted with potions and transfigurations, where Tom is, obviously, good at everything.

Post Hogwarts: Nicolae goes to travel the world, learning more about magic, especially the rare kinds of magic such as song and dance magic (Africa) Rune magic (Scandinavia) Soul magic (Easten Europe) and other types of ancient magic. He stops journeying the world and returns home when his father dies. He turns his manor into a haven for vampires, and creates a whole underground area underneath the manor where vampires can reside.

Eventually, Tom resurfaces and approaches his old friend. Nicolae takes the mark and becomes Tom’s second in command.

He generally doesn’t go on missions and as such is a lesser known death eater to the ministry and the order. However, it is he who kills the Bones’. His main job is hiding Voldemorts horcruxes, as he is the only person Voldemort trusts with them.

When Regulus Black steals and destroys a horcrux the mission is given to Nicolae to track and kill him. Nicolae catches up with him and is about to kill Regulus when he remembers that his mother was a Black and he lets Regulus go into hiding, lying to Voldemort. This is the first appearance of doubt in Nicolae’s mind.

Voldemort falls. Nicolae attempts to go after Harry Potter but is ambushed by a squad of aurors. After killing several and wounding others, Nicolae is subdued and sentenced to life in Azkaban.

Nicolae is breaks out of Azkaban with the other death eaters. Nicolae is sent to oversee the death eaters sent to the ministry instead of Voldemort as it is in canon. The atrium duel is beween Dumbledore and Nicolae. Nicolae escapes.

When Malfoy lets death eaters into Hogwarts Nicolae is with them and he kills Dumbledore on the tower before Snape even arrives. He escapes Hogwarts, duelling Harry in the process.

As Snape is still a spy in the order and has not been revealed and Dumbledore is dead, Voldemort quickly takes the upper hand in the war.

Worried about what the elusive Harry Potter might be doing, Voldemort sends Nicolae to hunt him down. He does so and discovers that Harry is being accompanied by Regulus and is after the horcruxes, but cannot say anything as he was supposed to have killed Regulus already. Nicolae taps into the connection between the mirrors Harry and Regulus are using to communicate and intercept them, just after they have destroyed another horcrux. He out duels them but cannot bring himself to kill them as they are unarmed as Dumbledore was. Dreams of killing his old teacher continue to come to Nicolae, and he begins to have further doubts about his friend’s vision for the wizarding world.

It is as if a blanket was lifted from his eyes and he realises that the friend that he had in Tom was long gone and that Tom was dead.

Everything ends with Voldemort going to check on the last of his horcruxes personally with Nicolae and coming across Harry and Regulus there trying to destroy it. Seeing Regulus and assuming that he has been betrayed by Nicolae, Voldemort turns his wand on all three of them, but powerful as he is he cannot outduel Nicolae Regulus and Harry put together. Nicolae wasn’t intending on betraying Voldemort as he thought that it was too late, but Voldemort attacking him forced his hand. As Voldemort is hit by the killing curse from Harry, Nicolae breaks down upon seeing the last look of betrayal upon Voldmorts face, preserved there by the killing curse.

Seeing an opportunity to get revenge on a vulnerable Nicolae, Dumbledore’s killer, Harry hits Nicolae with a killing curse in the back.

The end.

Last edited: May 25, 2006