PDA

View Full Version : Future Weapons

LINKed up
05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Who has seen this show? It was on last night at 10 pm e/p on the Discovery Channel. The show is about the new weapons that are being developed around the world. Last night was about fear-inducing weapons, such as the SFW, or Sense Fused Weapon I think, the Dramure, the newest assault rifle from Israel I think, bio-terrorism, and the MOAB, the Mother of All Bombs or Massive Ordanice Air Burst.

Midknight
05-25-2006, 07:26 PM
I like Air burst bombs =) Saw a video at the recruiter's office my uncle brought me to years ago, it was them hitting a cavern system infested with Iraqi's in the Kuwait fight.. incredible. the inside was shredded meat.

Myst
05-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Haha, gotta love the kick ass weapons.. mm?

LINKed up
05-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, one week was about weapons that deal maximum impact, and one thing that they showed was the new Air Burst missle that we have. Completely shredded the fake artillery position.

Yarrgh!
05-27-2006, 11:00 AM
MOAB...i've also heard it expanded (by a Marine at the US Embassy in Moscow) as:

Motherfucker Of A Bomb.

It was pretty funny, but seeing as he's a tough-guy, i'd imagine that it was veneration for it's awesome power, not humor that he was going for.

The Dark Monarch
05-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Hmm? sounds cool I gotta watch it.

Aekiel
05-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I still like the fuel air bomb. Pretty easy for people to set up too.
Just get a propane canistor, set up a release system and add a spark.
Make sure you're a got few hundred feet away first. BOOM!
What's the Mother of All Bombs do? Its on Command and Conquer: Generals and kicks ass.

LINKed up
05-29-2006, 12:06 AM
The MOAB is the biggest feul-air bomb made, ever. The thing is so pwerful, that when it was first tested, people living in a town 30 miles away felt the shockwaves.

Xenon
06-24-2006, 04:25 AM
MOAB was insane. so much power!

anybody see the starstreak? that little fucker was brutal. X_X
Although the artilery with the GPS was just ridiculous. Theres no way with a $20,000 pricetag it would ever become combat effecient.

Sirhin
07-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Seriously? There's a show with that? I cannot believe I missed it by two months! :wall:

I think I heard of some of them though. One of my friends was talking about it. -sigh- I hate being the last to know but then I don't watch much TV now so, I suppose it is my fault.

Sirhin

Xantam
07-23-2006, 04:40 PM
I saw one with a rocket launcher called the javelin. Sirhin please refrain from bumping month old topics.