1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The First Guardian by Flameal Ashcrow - M - Bleach

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Trig, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

Title: The First Guardian
    Author: Flameal Ashcrow
    Rating: M
    Pairing: Ichigo/Rukia
    Summary: What if Kurosaki Ichigo was a lot more curious as a child? What if this led to him having an inquisitive mind? Just how much would this change the course of history? Let's find out, shall we? - Slightly AU. Rated M for sexual content and my dirty mouth.

Link: The First Guardian

Probably the first Child-Prodigy story I've read in Bleach, and so far it's pretty damn good. Yes, Ichigo is powerful and started training at an early age, but the reasoning is sound and his motivations are believable. He is a bit of a smartass and occasionally acts like he's far older than he is, but overall it's enjoyable and his conversations with his Zanpakuto - or rather its running commentary - are surprisingly entertaining.

Compared to the quality DLP usually expects this is probably merely a good story, but considering the absolutely pathetic state of the whole Bleach fandom and the fact that this is the first good fic I've found in ages I'd easily rate this 4/5, with potential for improvement.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Amusing, and surprisingly well written for a Bleach fic. Considering the Bleach fandom seems to have a higher ratio of slash fics than HP, I'm inclined to give this a 4/5 simply for being an above average fic framed against piles and piles of shit.

I'm up to chapter 3 and looking forward to more. The humour isn't the funniest stuff you've ever read, but it was enough to make me smile through most of it.

Worth reading.

3. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

It's Bleach, and it's readable. But it certainly isn't good. Weak writing, OOC Rukia, overpowered Ichigo. As it is a Bleach fanfic, and I've been starved for anything since Retsu's Folly, I'd say 3/5 is generous.

4. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

I haven't really had much appreciation for the Bleach fandom ever since Hammered Down spoiled me, but I'll give it a shot.

5. CrimsonEmperor

CrimsonEmperor Squib

Bad 2/5. Some dialogue confusion between Ichigo and Zanpaktou... Really OC Rukia... Regurgitation of first canon events... Weak and often times unbelievable points of view from characters... Especially Rukia. Weak Writing...

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I gave up at the end of chapter 4. The plot is underwhelming and the characters are poor. Ichigo is a Gary Stu. I'd like to read a good story about an intelligent Ichigo who hooks up with Rukia, but this isn't it. 2/5.