1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Look for some books

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Super Bunny, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Super Bunny

Super Bunny Fourth Year

*Title was supposed to say "Looking," oops.

Some time ago, I picked up volumes 3-6 of Churchill's The Second World War from Half Price Books at a really good price. I'm now looking to buy volumes 1 and 2 - preferably from the same set, because I like pretty bookshelves.

I can't find them in Penguin, Book Guild Publishing, or Chaucer Press's catalogs, and I'm not sure what Book Club Associates is supposed to be. Before I order a different edition, I was wondering if DLP would mind helping me find out whether or not vol. 1 and 2 of this particular set could be found online, and whether or not they could be bought individually (since these books don't seem to have ISBNs). Thanks.

EDIT: Tomato's right, this should be in books. Moved. -Oz

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Given that this is the place to ask for support regarding the site including the forums and IRC server, you might be better off posing this question here. That said, I can't say I know where you might find the books you're looking for.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

http://www.abebooks.com/

Great place for used books. I did a basic search for them there and several options came up. I didn't sort through it to see if the specific volumes you listed were present.

Edit: Here -- Volume 1 & Volume 2

So they are there. There were far more options to pick from than those two though, those were the first ones I clicked on. You might be able to find copies that match your set, a cheaper copy, or one listed as in better condition if you search through the site a bit more.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011