1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham: The Signups

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Vesvius, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

We’ve dealt with a bunch of different mafia variants since we started playing on DLP, and this one has been floating around in my head since before SW2. So now that Hunt of Thrones is winding down, it’s time for me to say:

Welcome to
    Gotham
    [​IMG]

Gotham is a mafia variant with characters ripped directly from the world of DC comics, Batman in particular. Knowledge of Batman is recommended, but not a requirement.

In Gotham, there are five factions. They are:

Gotham: The town equivalent. 20 players.

Bane’s Crew: A mafia faction equivalent. 4 players.

Penguin’s Mob: A mafia faction equivalent. 4 players.

The Red Hood: The Serial Killer equivalent. 1 player. See the Red Hood information for more.

Joker: The arsonist equivalent. 1 player. See the Joker information for more.

Rules

Signups: This game was designed for 30 players (20+4+4+1+1), and signups will last until all slots are filled. Some slots have been reserved for various people who helped out with Gotham’s creation, people I promised slots to, or people I feel would be interesting players. If you’re on the reserved list and don’t want to play, let me know.

Etiquette
    I ripped this straight from Lutris' Hunt of Thrones because I can't say it better myself:

Phases and voting
    Day always lasts for 48 hours. If there’s an early lynch, we head to twilight, where discussion can take place but there will be no more voting.

Night lasts for 24 hours or until all night actions are in. NOTE: With the Batman role, expect 24 hour nights.

There is only one type of voting in Gotham: Standard.

To vote, type Vote Player: Player

All votes not in proper format will be ignored. Votes can be retracted at any time before a majority is reached, but not after.

Assaults

Assaults are Gotham's version of Night Kills. Both Penguin's mob and Bane's crew get one per night, target decided by majority vote in their respective group QTs. An Assaulted player who is not protected is sent to Arkham's medical wing and is removed from the game.

Dead Players

You are committed to Arkham Asylum and have no future impact on the game. When someone is comitted, their role is revealed to the town.

Activity
    If you don’t post at least twice in each 48 hour day period, you will be notified. If you miss another period after that, you will be replaced.

Protection
    When someone has protection (Either by Oracle's power or their own), they are immune to assault attempts unless the attempt specifically ignores protection.

Bane’s Crew and Penguin’s Mob
    The two mafia factions in Gotham do not have a set roster at the beginning. Instead, the mobs are set by schoolyard pick, with Penguin having first choice. The player who draws Penguin will post their first pick in their QT. I will inform Bane who Penguin chooses and Bane will make his first pick, and so on, until both mobs are 4 strong.

The Roles

Gotham
    Gotham is the town faction for this game. Gotham players do not know each other's role, and do not share Quick Topics (there are a few notable exceptions). The players of Gotham win by lynching or otherwise eliminating all members of Bane's Crew, Penguin's Mob, The Red Hood, and the Joker.​

Batman
    -Gains a special QT account for anonymity.
    -Every night that there is a mislynch or a non-lynch, Batman can Interrogate one person.
    -That person is both roleblocked and protected from any actions. All actions, even those that normally penetrate protection, will fail.
    -A new QT will open between Batman and the target. Conversation can occur there over the course of the night.
    -Twice Per Game, Batman can commit his target to Arkham, removing them from the game. After he has used all of his committals, he may still interrogate people.

Robin
    -Knows who Batman is
    -If Batman is committed, Robin gains access to all of his interrogation logs.

Nightwing
    -Can investigate one player every night and discover who, if anyone, targeted that player that night.

Red Robin
    -Can investigate one player every night and discover who, if anyone, was targeted by that player that night.

Huntress
    -Three times per game, Huntress can choose a target at night. That target is committed.

Oracle
    -Every night, can choose a target. That target gains protection that night.

Black Canary
    -Every night, can choose a player. Anyone who targets that player that night with a non-violent action receives no information. If that player is targeted with a violent action, both Black Canary and the attacking player are committed while the defended target remains unharmed.

Green Arrow
    -Every night, can choose a player. That player is roleblocked.

Commissioner
    -If committed during the daytime, there can be no assault attempts that night.

Booster Gold
    -Can choose two players at night. Any actions that would target one of those players target the other instead, and vice versa.

The Question
    -Can investigate one player every night and discover if they are innocent or a villain.

Deadman
    -Three times per game, Deadman can choose a committed or devoured player. He learns that players role and also all of their night actions from when they were free.

Martian Manhunter
    -At any point in the game, the Martian Manhunter can reveal himself. Once revealed, his vote counts for three votes for the rest of the game.

GCPD Officer
    -Knows who the other GCPD officers are.
    -Can communicate with the other GCPD Officers via a QT.
    -Every Three Nights, can conduct a Stakeout on a target of their choice. If there are three GCPD officers left, they learn who their target targeted, was targeted by, and if they are a hero or villain. If there are two officers left, they learn who their target targeted and was targeted by. If there is one officer left, he picks what to learn, who their target targeted or was targeted by.

Catwoman
    -If committed during the day, Catwoman picks another player. That player is also committed.

Batgirl
    -Twice per game, on odd numbered days (1, 3, 5, etc.), Batgirl can check to see how many villains (Both Mobs, Joker, and Red Hood are counted as villains) voted to committ the previous day's victim.

Azareal
    -Azareal has protection at night that lasts until all members of one faction are wiped out or only three villains remain.

Etrigan
    -Etrigan survives the first attempt on his life.

Villains
    The two mafia factions in this game. At the beginning of the game, the Villains are divided into two factions, Bane's Crew and Penguin's Mob. Both groups have the same win conditions: comitting all of Gotham, all of other villain faction, the Red Hood, and Joker.​

Bane
    -During the Night, Bane picks a target. If that target is still free when Day begins, they get a message that Bane is stalking them.
    -The next night, that target is roleblocked.
    -The night after that, that target is hit with an assault attempt that penetrates protection.
    -Bane may not switch targets midway through the process. Once he picks a target, he is locked onto that player until they are committed.
    -Bane chooses who to send to perform that night’s assault.
    -If there is a tie in voting, Bane’s vote is the decider.

Penguin
    - If the Penguin is investigated, he comes up innocent.
    -Penguin always has protection.
    -Penguin chooses who to send to perform that night’s assault.
    -If there is a tie in voting, Penguin’s vote is the decider.

Hush
    -Can investigate one player every night and discover if they are innocent or a villain. Use this to hunt Red Hood, Joker, and the opposing mafia.

Killer Croc
    -Three times per game, Killer croc can choose to devour a player his faction targeted that night. That player’s role is not revealed during the day (though Killer Croc does learn the role)

Poison Ivy
    -Every night, can choose a player. That player is roleblocked.

Two Face
    -At any time during the day before a majority is reached, Two Face may voluntarily commit himself to determine who gets committed that day.

Clayface
    -Three times per game, Clayface can choose a role that has already been committed. He gains that role’s ability for that night. Roles that can’t be chosen are Batman, Robin, the GCPD Officers, and the Commissioner.

Scarecrow
    -Every night, Scarecrow picks two players and learns everything that those two players learned over the night. He does not know what information came from what player and he can’t pick either player again for the rest of the game.

The Red Hood
    The Serial Killer of this game. The Red Hood does not know anyone else's role and cannot share QTs with anyone. To win, the Red Hood must commit all of Gotham, all the villains (both Bane's Crew and Penguin's Mob), and the Joker.​

The Red Hood
    -Every night, the Red Hood may make an assault attempt.

The Joker
    The Arsonist of this game. The Joker does not know anyone else's role and cannot share QTs with anyone. To win, the Joker must comitt all of Gotham, all of the villains (both Bane's Crew and Penguin's Mob), and the Red Hood.​

The Joker
    -Every night, the Joker may choose someone to kidnap and brainwash into a sleeper agent. (Note: They are notified of this happening) This counts as an assault for protection purposes.
    -On any night, instead of brainwashing a target, the Joker may activate his sleepers. All people Joker has brainwashed are committed.

Night Action Priority List​

Sign ups are now OPEN! I would like 5 alternates, so there are 35 slots open. The following have reserved slots: Lutris, Zeitgeist, KaiDASH, Aekiel, Irene, Jon, Sesc.

If any of you with reserved slots wish to pass on them, please let me know quickly. On the same note, would those with reserved slots claim them ASAP so I can know you're definitly playing.

Any questions, ask em below. Welcome to Gotham.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

inb4 everyone.

Riddle me this;

Give me a fucking spot. :D

3. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I want to play.

4. Nae

Nae The Violent

I think I'll play this one. :D

5. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well well well, what do we have here? I suppose you could say I'm interested...

oh for fuck's sake I'm so IN

6. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I am so in.

7. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Picking the enemy factions. Do want D8

But Huntress sounds nice should I be Town. I can has, plz?

/Is in and rigs the role dice.

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In, in, in, in!

9. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Definitely in! I'm getting good at these games. :D

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Sign me up

11. Nae

Nae The Violent

You'll die before you start playing.

12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Confused about the mafia though. Do they choose before everyone has their roles?

13. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I'm definately playing this.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I'm certainly interested, although I may give up my slot if Fiat's game starts soon.

15. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

No, everyone is assigned their roles first then Penguin makes his first choice. Bane and Penguin don't know who the players behind the roles are, they just pick the roles.

16. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

Sweet, my first mafia game! Sign me up!

17. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm totally in.

18. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

EDIT: Actually, count me out. Ignore this post.

19. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want in on this if possible please, this looks awesome.

20. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck yeah.

Darn, I never get reserve spots, because I never help enough.

Experience: SW1, Tiny, Lesstiny, Warlock, HoT and I'm hosting FNK, which may or may not be mafia :3

Edit: application rescinded