1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete One Hundred and Twenty Hours by Takun18 - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Trooper, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Title: Of Whiskered Cheeks and Dango Sticks [First one shot, from 2007]
    One Hundred and Twenty Hours [Second part]
    Author: Takun18
    Rating: "T" for the first.
    "M" for the second.
    Genre: Romance/Humour
    DLP Category: Naruto
    Pairing: Naruto/Anko

Summary 1: Aw, what's wrong Ankochan? Noone else who'se cheek you liked licking? The trademarked unpredictable grin spread over Anko's face and she threw her dango skewer over her shoulder. What can I say? Whisker's get me hot. Naruto Anko Oneshot

Summary 2: With restless nights, a curse seal that's playing up and a confusing relationship with a younger lover, Anko Mitarashi learns just how long a week can be. Sequal to "Whiskered Cheeks & Dango Sticks".

Links:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3825196/1/Of_Whiskered_Cheeks_and_Dango_Sticks

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7302937/1/One_Hundred_and_Twenty_Hours#top

Personal Review: First of all, yes, its a pure Romance (absolutely no action) one-shot and its sequel. I know a lot of you here don't like the category in general, so fair warning. Also, I didn't think these deserved two separate threads, especially since the first fic is from way back in 2007.

The grammar and other technicalities of the fic are readable (I feel I'm qualified enough to say just that and no more). The most important quality of the fic however is the characterization of Anko, which I feel is one of the better ones in all the fics I've read. 95% of Naruto Authors have a major problem characterizing Anko, either she's the mad torturer and only that or she's the biggest slut around the whole 5 nations. Or some asinine combination of the above. This is one of the only fics containing Anko that I've read that didn't leave me feeling disturbed at the end of it.

I actually felt pretty chipper by the end of it, to be quite honest. So I give it a 4/5 for just simply being an enjoyable read of 5-10 minutes.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

Poor grammar, weak humor, and uninteresting subject matter. It doesn't matter if Anko is written perfectly if the story isn't worth telling. 2/5 for part 1, 3/5 for part 2.