1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Betrayed, Used, and Royally Pissed by LeTimbo - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by nonjon, May 26, 2006.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Title: Betrayed, Used, and Royally Pissed
    Autor: LeTimbo
    Rating: T
    Genre: Angst/Spiritual
    Summary: After the final battle, Harry reflects on the war and his life. Longer version hopefully coming...The longer the story gets the more philosophical the story will get, bringing in...Buddhism. Fixed to make it somewhat postHBP.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2299186/1/

I thought this was a respectable little start to an Azkaban fic. It got abandoned for over a year but got a new chapter a few weeks ago. Author asked whether it was worth continuing and considering how little response there was it seems potentially unlikely.

Not sure there's enough for a solid judgment, it's only 5 chapters and 10K words. But I really appreciate the fact that he's got the right attitude for an Azkaban!Harry, and not the typical crying whiny weak bish. Nor is he brimming with rage and anger and breaking into a rant whenever he can.

It's not spectacular, but I enjoy it and figured I'd plug and see if anyone else think it's worth the author's efforts to continue.

I think it helps that the title and the fic I refer to as BURP.

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is not bad for an Azkaban fic. Harry's character is surprisingly balanced and all the right people are being bashed.

On the downside, it might have taken too long to reach this point (the escape). Not to mention that he stopped just when it started getting interesting.

3. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

The summary sounds good... the story isn't, IMO.

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  4. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

I think this fic has got potential. Although the pace is a tad slow, I think it suits the story. The author neatly side-steps several cliches and I'm curious to see how the rest of the story turns out.

5. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

I'be read this befre it got posted here but sadly I don't remember whats this all about. I shall read it again.

6. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

I think that this story has some pretty good potential and shouldn't be abandoned. Besides, I like the idea of Ron/Ginny getting their ass's kicked by Harry later on in the story, which from what I can tell will happen.

7. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

The summary kept me from reading this one for a long time.
    I usually dont touch anything that remotely sounds like any god-like creature takes a major role. But after finally reading it, I can say its a good story, or more like start-off . I also like the character setup. What I dont see is where this spiritual and buddism stuff comes in. I have never seen something interesting done in this gengre. So maybe it will be something new here. I will probably stop reading it if the main theme will be some moral dilemma (like the buddism vs. angry) or some god shows up.

8. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

I wish the author would update more often.

9. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

This could be a great story if it continues in this style and quality... Hope it is updated soon.

10. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

I'm not sure I remember this fic, I do remember that I hate the title for it's sheer incomprehensible stupidity (that is 'Royally' NOT a title). Maybe i'll give it a read and give a longer response...

11. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Alright, starting off, this fic is abandoned and is five chapters.

So I begin reading the first chapter and I see this:

Ugh, the author continues to spell Weasley wrong again.

Luna used as a mere projectile, boo.

That being said, it is well-written, and the author manages to dodge cliches that plague many HarryAzkaban! fics. The author also writes a very realistic final battle, which is pleasant to see. I'm also glad to see a loyal Neville.

The interaction between Harry and Ron was a great read as well. Harry's escape was well thought out, and I like the Resistance thus far.

At this point, the story ends which is a huge disappointment considering how much I was enjoying the story. Considering before the abandonment, I would of given it a 4/5 if not a 5 because of grammar and other things. However, due to it's abandonment, I will rate it a 3/5. It's not Library worthy at it's current stage, but it is definitely recycle bin worthy.