View Full Version : Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Wizards by Corwalch - G+

nonjon
05-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Title: Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Wizards
Autor: Corwalch
Rating: G+
Genre: Angst/Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language
Summary: Harry was sent to Azkaban after being framed for murder in the beginning of his 6th year at Hogwarts. While there, he unlocks the "Power the Dark Lord Knows Not". What will happen once his former friends know he's innocent? Watch the fun
Link: http://hpfandom.net/eff/viewstory.php?sid=1724

This is one of those guilty pleasure fics for me. A relatively standard Azkaban fic, but containing one of the more angry!Harry characters around. Most have him all fricking fluffy and lovey behind closed doors with the people who never doubted him and all of that BLARGITY-BLERG-BLARG. But this fic so far doesn't, and that's probably why I like it so much. He's angry. He's been angry. He's been staying angry. And they just keep making him angrier. If you like those rants where he rips into his betrayers this fic has scenes with those all too often. Super-powerful, killed Voldie, Dumbledore uses laws forcing him back to Hogwarts to finish school... and in the process try to "earn" forgiveness for Harry's own good. But so far, Harry's not giving any absolution. He's just causing them problems and yelling at them, pointing out their hypocrises.

Plot-wise, I'm sure you've seen it before, but like I said, for me, it's a guilty pleasure to read. If he ever starts forgiving, or losing his anger I may lose interest, but for now, it's a fun read.

Fic used to be on fanfiction.net but Corwalch took all his Harry Potter WIPs off there or something and as far as I know it's only posted at the link above.

ip82
05-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Oh, I do hate these fics where the whole point is the main character ranting at various other characters that had wronged him. I really don't see what people see in these rants, I usually just skip through them... unfortunately, with fics like this, that doesn't leave me with much to read :-)

So, I have this on my HD and I marked it as 'read', but honestly, I don't remember anything about it. All the details fused together with other 10 or so RantingAzkaban!Harry fics I've read. They all seem the same anyway.

harryboy111
05-27-2006, 02:38 AM
i really enjoyed this one and hope that harry doesn't start forgiving anybody. the only negative thing that i see is that this is like 11 chapters and you have only just gotten to the end of september. i mean it seems like each chapter is basically a week. now i'm not saying that that is a completly bad thing but i wish that it would kind of speed up.

IndoGhost
05-27-2006, 03:38 AM
Ok this is a good story. But its starting to get on my nerves. Enought with the " I want vengence on everyone because they all wronged me" already...I'll still read the story anyway.

Patrik f
05-27-2006, 03:34 PM
This is one of the better Azkaban stories, I loved the last chapter were harry made hermione swear a magical oath to stay away from him. While harry is ranting a bit much about everyone that betrayed him so do I think it is needed in this part of the story because everyone is constantly pushing him to forgive them.

IndoGhost
05-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I didn't like that oath part. It was stupid. I dont like hermione but she is clever. She's smart enough to know she could get rid of her eye and still make it. She is muggleborn so she know that people without sight can still read. Or she could just get eyes like moody. You can not tell me that Albus or her would not have though of that.

arkeus
05-27-2006, 07:16 PM
ouch.. i had begin that story, and liked it, even though it bashed some of my favorite characters (who are remus, harry, hermione, and dumbledore) but from what you are telling me... it doesn't change at all? it's still angry harry without anything else to spike it up? that's probably the reason why i discontinue reading so many fics. good beginning, but nothing to follow it up than other bunnies. No *plot* made... that s a real fall down of most ruthless harry fics. ah well... and my hermione T_t. Sniff.

Niffler Lord
05-29-2006, 06:55 AM
Its a good story. Even though the ranting stars to get old towards the end. Its well written and got a good plot. I enjoyed it.

This guys also has some other really good fics out. If you check his profile there are nice Charmed and Star Gate xovers. He also seems to be a member of the Dumbledore-is-a-manipulative-bastard Order. And he writes it well.

Cupspeaker
06-03-2006, 02:55 PM
I dont like azkaban fics where Harry keeps on ranting and never actually takes revenge. This fic is not for me.

Yarrgh!
06-03-2006, 04:02 PM
WTF are you on about? The revenge was actually creatively and sadistically pursued in this fic. This was decently well done.

read past the first chapter, cupspeaker...

Cupspeaker
06-03-2006, 08:02 PM
meh, I skimmed through the first chapter before I trashed it. I will give it another try.

s0x5t
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
I liked it. Way more realistic then alot of the other azkaban fics. I hate the ones where Harry is betrayed and then within minutes of being released he is friends with everyone again. Definitly a good read.

Xiph0
06-06-2006, 04:55 PM
It was alright, I got to Chapter 4 before it dropped my attention, like the anger, dislike the abundance of cliches.

Lord Apophis
06-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Great chapter... Hope Harry use the life debts that Arthur and Ginny owes him to make them leave him alone or suffer a painful death of being killed by a spork or something :D

Kid Leo
07-19-2006, 03:26 PM
I love this story and as long as harry continues to act like he has been I will continue to love it.

nonjon
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
It took over seven months, but this fic was finally updated. Considering it's on a less popular site, I thought I'd inform those who don't regularly check hpfandom.net.

It still is more righteous anger Harry, prone to going on rehashed rants we've all heard variations of. And it still is enjoyable for me. We seem to be heading potentially towards a Harry/Luna pairing and on the bright side it looks like Ginny will be expelled. As soon as she can be turned back from a poodle. Man I hate poodles.

Dark Minion
01-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I just read the last chapter (I had to reread the second last chapter to get back into the story).

I don't like Harry's ongoing monologues. He is repeating the same things over and over again, not only hammering it into the other characters' brains but also on my nerves.

Apart from that the way the author describes the situation at Hogwarts is quite good. There is an important reason for Dumbledore to force Harry back into the wizarding world (revealed a chapter before), not just the "he has to forgive us" scenario. The characters and their attempts to reconcile with Harry are not overly overdone - except stalker!Ginny, but that's actually funny and probably appreciated by a lot of people here. In response Harry not only threatens but acts against his former friends, and quite originally (see nonjon's post above).

Even if it is slowly updated and perhaps never finished it is worth a read.

I didn't like that oath part. It was stupid. I dont like hermione but she is clever. She's smart enough to know she could get rid of her eye and still make it. She is muggleborn so she know that people without sight can still read. Or she could just get eyes like moody. You can not tell me that Albus or her would not have though of that.

That part was one of the elements I really like. You still think in Muggle terms - the spell must have affected a body part, in this case the eyes. Replacing the affected part would enable her to read again.

In fact she is not blinded and her eyes work normally. Instead she is unable to read - unable to understand "written" letters and words. There is no way around that other than someone or something to read it aloud for her.

Robo Jesus
01-26-2007, 07:47 PM
That part was one of the elements I really like. You still think in Muggle terms - the spell must have affected a body part, in this case the eyes. Replacing the affected part would enable her to read again.

In fact she is not blinded and her eyes work normally. Instead she is unable to read - unable to understand "written" letters and words. There is no way around that other than someone or something to read it aloud for her.

...couldn't she have had someone dig around for a spell that would allow anything written to be put into spoken words instead, and vice versa?

Ginny the dog barked angrily and growled the thought of not having access to the man she loved. Even though he was angry at her now, she knew there was one thing she could give him that he had wanted all his life, a family, and she would put that plan into operation she was back in human form. All it would take is the potion she had hidden in her trunk. She had gotten Dung to buy it just in case and with the hope that she would never have to use it, but it now looked like she would have no choice, if she was to get her man.

Anyways, this quote leads me to suspect that Ginnyslut will try the time honoured method of "I'll get pregnant and he'll be with me then" approach. Somehow, I get the feeling this is going to end very badly, for all involved.

Richard
01-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Ahh, this story, have been looking for it for a while, I loved this fic from the start. And that bitchy bossy Hermie got what she deserved. Honestly...Hermie is nothin' but a nagging little whore who thinks she's better than everyone else cuz she's got top grades and her stupid books. Well, yunno what? I'm glad she got that oath stuck to her, she should'a been more "clever" than that *snickers*.

In any case...it gets a 4.5/5 from me. One of the better Azkaban fics out there, and he's ganna get revenge at some point at the rate this author's going with it.

Richard.

gadriam
01-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm currently chomping away at the various Azkabanfics, and i really like the fact that this Harry actually has some long-term damage.
His hatred is so ingrained it simply can't dissipate. While it might not be healthy, it's bloody entertaining, and who cares what happens to a doubly fictional character anyway.
His treatment of Hermy was hilarious, dark and twisted. Great fun all around.

Now i expect him to either formally marry Luna as soon as she can say "I do" just to get all the W/Bitches off his back and take a stab at Ginslut, or get a serious dose of some lovepotion, act on it and go ballistic once it wears off. I can't wait to see what happens.

Fics like this one are a great release after a day of exposure to painfully moronic "co"workers. Issues? Who? Me?

g

thapagan
07-22-2007, 10:16 PM
updated, A nice peek inside Mrs. Malfoy's mind.

Iztiak
08-15-2007, 06:39 AM
I am so sick of the cliche "burning all harrys stuff" beginnings. There must be like 60 Azkaban storys that start with that.
And Harry rants a bit too much. Good story though.

Banner
08-16-2007, 12:34 PM
It's one of my all-time-favorite Betrayed!Harry fics. The punishments are creative and generally fit the crimes committed against our hero. They aren't even violent. Harry's various acts of revenge against Snape, Umbitch, and the Dursley's were all perfectly legal. He didn't even manipulate the legal system like AD so loves to do. The punishments of the students were all reactive - the ones who leave him alone get left alone, and each of the punished children can enact his own cure.
I'm just delighted that this isn't another Azkaban!Harry fic that ends up with everyone sitting in a circle holding hands and singing "Kumbaya." Or with a psycho Harry wading hip-deep through blood and internal organs.
I *like* a strong, savvy Harry. Although this one IS both awesomely powerful and brilliant, he's interesting. He doesn't have to be a superpower or have godlike intelligence, so long as he has a spine and an alert mind...

MonCappy
08-17-2007, 03:18 PM
This fanfic is awesome. I have been trying to find it for a while now. I hope it gets updated soon. I happen to think the punishment Harry gave Hermione was deliciously vengeful. The way he fucks over the Weasleys and Molly in particular (with regards to the Tiara) is satisfying in a delightfully evil and vindictive fashion.

Considering how the Wizarding World behaves toward Harry I can understand his hatred. I hope that he lets them go hang. The fuckers got what they deserved when they decided to act like a bunch of mindless fucking sheep.

thapagan
08-30-2007, 05:40 AM
updated, now complete, a bit hurried in the end, but still good.

Sorry Wiccan Wizard is updated, my bad.

Dark Minion
08-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Err ... neither of these fics is updated. At least not on hpfandom.net

But he completed The Wizard of Silence (http://hpfandom.net/eff/viewstory.php?sid=1721), a HP/Charmed crossover, a few days ago (August 21).

He even posted it on ff.net now:

The Wizard of Silence (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3737906/1/The_Wizard_of_Silence)

HPCharmed XOver. The Dursley's hate magic so much they are willing to try & handicap Harry to insure he doens't become a Wizard. However the wizarding community aren't the only ones watching over Harry & someone intends to intervene. Rating T to be safe
Complete - Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: T - English - General - Chapters: 21 - Words: 127,772 - Reviews: 30 - Updated: 8-21-07 - Published: 8-21-07

maidros
09-09-2007, 12:18 PM
I am rather divided about this fic. It is a fairly good read, but does have a few most unfortunate cliches.

Good: A creatively vengeful Harry, decent characterisation, his punishments fit the crime.

Bad: Azkaban turns Harry to super!Harry (Rhetorical Question: Why didn't all the Death Eaters in Azkaban turn into super Death Eaters?), the accursed Everyone-Betrays-Harry-and-burns-his-stuff cliche, No one can undo Harry's spells (Are the rest of them squibs?).

All in all, a decent read.
3.5/5

Regards,
Maidros

Chime
09-10-2007, 12:09 AM
This was good. I liked it. Aside from the aformentioned plot holes... I liked it. The apparent Harry/Luna is but a plus.

Although, it'd be nice if Harry started calming down right about now. Simmering anger rather than boiling– his speeches wear on you (honestly, when the Weasily's came to the Dursleys over the summer, I think it would've been more prudent for him just to say "Never speak to me again," and simply slam the door on them) and curt speech is sometimes better than drawn out monologues about how much Harry hates everything.

3~/5

Richard
09-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Its one of my favorite stories. The story was written in 2005...or started at least. I can't wait for it to be updated again, which will most likely take another 4 months, since he seems to update every 6 months.

Vilkath
02-20-2008, 08:30 PM
I like this fic because Harry does not just forgive every one, which is all to common in Azkaban fics. Especialy those ones where Harry rantsa bout their betrayl for several chapters, then magicaly forgives every one in the end. On the other hand I am a little disapointed that Harry rants and rants and rants in this story but doesn't actualy do much of anything constructive. Either get his revenge, Forgive them, or leave the wizards to their own deaths by Voldemort. This passive agressive behavior is a little anoying, it's like getting short changed at the store and waiting till you are outside to complain about the clerk.

scionofkyuubi
03-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh dear. I'll be nice, just this once. Necro-posting=bad. Be glad 'twas I that caught you.

Mordecai
03-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Scion, two things.

a) Necro posting is allowed in the library.

b) What does it matter who replies first (though that guy did post more than a week ago, you're really on the ball aren't you), since other people can reply. You're post does not preclude others from addressing the matter.

scionofkyuubi
03-04-2008, 12:23 PM
If Necro is allowed in the library, why do I get my head bit off whenever I...

Forget it. Never mind. Sorry, man. Shitty day. Shitty week, really. I'm gonna go read kill Ginny fics until I feel better.

Banner
03-04-2008, 12:32 PM
If Necro is allowed in the library, why do I get my head bit off whenever I...

Forget it. Never mind. Sorry, man. Shitty day. Shitty week, really. I'm gonna go read kill Ginny fics until I feel better.

The only reason I resent necro'ing in the Library is 'cause I get all hopeful about an update - * sniffle * then I'm so disappointed.

Enjoy your catharsis. I hope killing the stalkier-chit helps.

Banner
04-04-2008, 01:43 PM
YES! Update!
And it's great. I fan-girled all over my review. I should be embarrassed, but I can't seem to care, much...

Edited to add:
I know the "burning Harry's stuff" is cliche', but it works for this story. It's an integral part of Harry's condemnation of everyone at Hogwarts, particularly including McGonagall.

5/5

Veri
04-04-2008, 06:00 PM
The new update is better than i thought it would be. I thought that the council session was a little tedious, considering that I, and most HP readers, knew the events of the first 5 years of his schooling, and generally how fudge plays into it. Good writing, good plot, slightly tedious at times, and occasionally clichéd, but still a good read. 4/5

Veritas

Verminard
04-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I enjoy reading it. Could do without the 'Dumbledork" and 'dark family'/'defender of the light' crap.

thapagan
04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I wish he edited some parts and expanded others, but I got more than I paid for...

Dark Minion
04-05-2008, 03:59 PM
It's ok, I think. The proceedings of the High Council was ok, way better drafted than most fan-authors manage. But several elements, like the automatic spells to secure the courtroom, are pulled like a Deux ex Machina.

So ... next update will likely be posted October/November '08?

Banner
04-05-2008, 05:49 PM
So ... next update will likely be posted October/November '08?

Please don't depress me.

Korisovra
04-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I liked this story, oddly enough. As was said before, I'm getting tired of the burning my shit up stuff, though. I'll rate this story at a 3.5/5 and a one point upgrade if Ginny misses the day to be turned back into a human.

Richard
04-06-2008, 04:06 AM
No doubt she probably will. *sigh* Too bad it'll be another 6 or 7 months before he updates again.

darkendlight
04-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I am confused is Liam Dantes Harry's alter identity? Because in the last chapter both are in the same room at the same time.

Banner
04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
I am confused is Liam Dantes Harry's alter identity? Because in the last chapter both are in the same room at the same time.

I think I've figured it out:
Timeturners!

Richard
04-09-2008, 07:18 PM
It'd be a bit obvious. Unless the twins are doing it (however unlikely that might be). The twins would certainly go for something like this after he talked to them.

Banner
04-09-2008, 09:05 PM
The Room was spelled to prevent lying. Everything that Harry and Liam said was the absolute truth, just maybe not the entire truth.

Veri
05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
It appears to have been updated recently. Reading now.

Korisovra
05-19-2008, 10:52 PM
The new chapter was mostly filler with no real progress made on the storyline. For all that it was decent, if a bit boring. It was nice to see AD finally get called on some of his less intelligent decisions, for once.

Banner
05-19-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm enjoying seeing the wizarding customs, as well as watching all the "adults" in Harry's life finally get spanked...

Synchro
05-20-2008, 12:28 AM
I was looking at the hpfandom website. It seems to be something of a haven for slash-fic writers. Most of the top-ten stories are slash and the top ten authors are all slash writers with the exception of this Corwalch. Still I thought this story is good; except that there are enough fics with the heavy bashing style azkaban!harry out there that it is really nothing new.

Veri
05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
The new chapter didn't really do anything for me, then again, neither did the one before it. Sure, finding out what happens in court is fun, but it's not chapter worthy. I'd have been happy with just the results, not 8000 words of filler. Despite that, it's still my favorite azkaban story. 5/5 story. 3/5 chapter.

Bucks
05-22-2008, 04:42 PM
You know I do like this fic. But there are still cringe worthy moments in this. I'd give it a total of 3.7/5

IndoGhost
05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I stopped reading after he made hermione take that oath. Why go so far for that? She was already trying, to do what he ask, give him some space. Harry is powerful so why is he still sitting there? If he wants to leave, leave. What good are british laws when he's in another country? Don't get me wrong, I liked this fic it was one of the best azkaban fic. But its just become a bitchfest where all characters other then harry didn't change in anyway over the time period where he was in jail and harry's bitching doesn't help. It's still a good fic, but not my cup of tea anymore.

blackghost
05-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I stopped reading after he made hermione take that oath. Why go so far for that? She was already trying, to do what he ask, give him some space. Harry is powerful so why is he still sitting there? If he wants to leave, leave. What good are british laws when he's in another country? Don't get me wrong, I liked this fic it was one of the best azkaban fic. But its just become a bitchfest where all characters other then harry didn't change in anyway over the time period where he was in jail and harry's bitching doesn't help. It's still a good fic, but not my cup of tea anymore.Tell me if I am wrong but didn't AD do something to force him back to hogwarts? (It's been awhile since I read the start of it)
I agree with the oath though, that kinda made me go WTF when I read it. There is bashing, and then there is beating a dead horse into pulp and dowsing it with acid for good measure while setting it on fire. That is the latter.

Banner
05-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Actually, Hermione DIDN'T stay away. He warned her off several times (and he actually took her to court over the summer to prove that she wasn't a friend [which would have been enough to discourage me]) not to mention sending her Kreacher's freshly decapitated head.
She STILL kept bothering him. He ordered her to leave him alone before the Umbitch trial, as well as publically insulting her to her face, but just a few weeks later she walked over, sat down at his table, and started going through the books he was reading.
His response was nasty, but his point was that lesser attempts to get her to stay away had failed. After all, all he had asked of her in a year was to leave him alone. She just wouldn't accept that she couldn't change his mind. The Hermione in this story is extremely hard-headed, and I suspect that she was so used to being the smartest person in her group that she just couldn't accept that she wouldn't be able to find a way to force him to accept her again.

AD misused the legal system to force Harry back to Hogwarts, overruling his vociferous objections. On Dumbledore's head rest the consequences of his actions.

Snape was convicted of actual crimes he committed against Harry. In fact, technically it's Harry's DUTY to press charges against criminal acts committed on a minor child. Same goes for the Umbitch, Dudley, and Uncle Vernon.

Note: The students who have avoided Harry have been left alone by Harry. It's only the ones who keep pushing who are being punished. What happened to Draco is a sterling example of the punishment fitting the crime. Harry actually LIGHTENED the curse that he returned to Malfoy - its original intent was to permanently transfigure Harry into a ferret. Harry added an escape clause.

yhelo
05-26-2008, 09:59 PM
This could be a great fic if he didn't make such an immature dumbass. Dumbledork? Know-it-All? Weasel? Is this guy 14?

Still, solid story so I'll give it a 3/5

Bucks
05-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Updated. Yesterday actually. Oh well, I'm off to read.

mjc
05-27-2008, 06:58 PM
One too many episodes of Matlock...

Why do most fanfic court scenes read like some TV rerun?

And American TV at that?

Bucks
05-28-2008, 09:50 AM
At least that was the closure of the entire court case.

Banner
05-28-2008, 09:53 AM
It was nice, seeing Fudge carried off to his fate...

Dark Minion
05-28-2008, 05:48 PM
I agree with the posters above - the court scene was too long.

Harry's new role as Dante is interesting, but the whole "Heir of ..." cliche annoys me quite a bit. Let's wait and see what he does with it.

In the beginning there were some hints that Harry is indeed needed by Dumbledore and the wizarding society - but nothing has been made of it so far. So it's just bwp - bashing w/o plot

Korisovra
05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Finally got around to reading and I'm just glad the court stuff is over. He's going to be updating his other stuff, so we can expect to wait 6+ months for this one to get anywhere. In other words, I'll be over it by then.

Dr. Strange Lulz
05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I just left him a rather nasty review, stating exactly how unnecessary and pointless these chapters really are. If it wasn't one to begin with, this story is at this point, a giant parody of pretty much every Azkaban fic.

Ikaros Mephisto
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok another Azkaban story, these hardly ever turn out well and already in the first paragraph I’m frowning.

Why the hell would Dumbledore come to kill him? Dumbledore who won’t even kill Voldemort? What could Harry possibly have done to have this make sense?

I’m sorry, but WTF?

Neville Longbottom? Killing Neville is worse than all the atrocities committed by Voldemort? Give me a fucking break.

The asinine nicknames for Voldemort and Dumbledore are just retarded. It’s been pointed out in the thread before I know, but they really, really piss me off. This is Dumbledore-bashing without reason. It’s just retarded.

And why, if Harry can bend magic to his will by mere thought, does he even care what Fudge thinks? Why did he bring him? Why didn’t he simply walk away after he killed Voldemort? Both his and Sirius’s innocence would have come out anyway!

Super power can be done well, but this; this is a scale of ridiculous that is pure annoyance.

I find Arthur Weasley’s character unbelievable, when did he grow a pair? Arthur is the meekest person aside from Neville that we come across in the books.

“Which means it would be pointless to deny I am here.” Harry ground out between clenched teeth. And yet, further down the chapter he tries to do it anyway and is pissed off when it doesn’t work! Harry shows a degree of stupidity heretofore unimagined in this story by unmasking his one day old disguise to Dumbledore. But his clear talent for ineptness doesn’t end there, no he spill that disguise all over Molly Weasley as well.

I couldn’t keep reading after this. It’s just too inept and stupid. This story requires a deviation so far from disbelief as to place the reader in the world of My Little Pony!

-/5 I’d give this story minus points if I could.

Calis Clayr
05-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I mostly enjoyed this, except for the nicknames and the court scenes. Other than that, it's decent.
It was nice to see an unforgiving and sane Harry. Usually he's insane when unforgiving, and a wuss when sane.

... But damn, the nicknames make me want to hurt him. Once, fine; maybe twice, but past that it utterly fails (and creates killing urges... or maybe that's just with me?).

Korisovra
05-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Nope, that's everyone. Until you get jaded enough to ignore it, anyways.

Banner
05-29-2008, 09:31 PM
The nicknames ARE irritating, except when he is deliberately using them to provoke a reaction from listeners (like he does with MacGonagall.)

Skykes
06-07-2008, 09:53 PM
The nicknames ARE irritating, except when he is deliberately using them to provoke a reaction from listeners (like he does with MacGonagall.)

McGonagall.

Banner
06-07-2008, 09:57 PM
:o McGonagall.
WHY can't I manage to learn that name?
:wall:

Richard
06-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Just pronounce the "Mc" like "Mick", and I think you'll get it. It's what I do.

XxEnvyxX
06-10-2008, 02:50 PM
This story is okay...maybe better
Most Askaban stories aren´t that great, because besides the betrayel and ranting and revenge...there isn´t much plot to work with.
A good thing in this storie is that Harry stays angry,
he may act childisch and immature sometimes, but at least he has some balls and doesn´t forgive everyone who ask nicely.

Luna, Fred and George, Lupin and partly Hagrid...that are the typical "innocent" character, but that isn´t without a reason.
Lupin, after what happened to Serius would have to be an unbelieveble idiot to just swallow such a thing again, so a logical choice.
Luna is a person who knows more than most people give her credit for and I like her, she doesn´t go with the mass, she makes her own way, in cannon and here, too.
Fred and George are okay, too. They think for themselve and that Molly drugged them was not too unbelievable if you ask me...if sche was thinking that it was for their own good, she would probably do it. The reaction from the twins was okay, too.
Hagrid...normal he is very aesy to manipulate, but he was charged with crimes he didn´t commit, too, so he skeptism his okay and not too ooc.
All logical choices, I´m oky with.

I like the funny t-shirts, so sue me. It may seems childish, but fuck, who cares? If you can go all way through it than go it, just don´t stop halfway.

Well, he is "just" the heir to Ravenclaw...it could have been worse, we still have Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Merling, Morgan....so I can live with this *grin* if it isn´t overused in the future.

Dante (Harry)...I loved the way he reacted to Mrs Weasley.

The court was long, but at least logical and not some shit that is too unbelievable. It was okay.

The whole fanfic has some pretty neat points that makes up for the sometime-lows and who doesn´t like Ginny as a little bitch?
It fits and was fun.

A good was to spend some time, not the best read ever, but there are many, many worse fics.
One of the better Askaban fics

4/5

FollowTheReaper
06-14-2008, 04:46 AM
Ikaros Mephisto said it perfectly, no logic whatsoever, plot holes the size of trucks and general retardation...

mikeuni
06-30-2008, 11:30 PM
I pretty much agree with XxEnvyxX about this fic. It is certainly not the best fic I have read. I am not sure what the author was trying to write. It is like it is a comedy but is taking a dramatic twist with some parody thrown in. If I were to rate this story I think I would give it a 3.5 our of 5.

Bucks
07-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Not really, the whole Luna thing is taken out of context in fanon. She's not the all round perfect character with a fun side to her. Fred and George are not the smartest people in the Weasley clan, that goes to Bill and Percy. They will not question Dumbledore when even their little brother, who knew him better than them anyway, pretty much thought Harry was guilty.

Yes, they should be have more dimensions than they had in canon, but this is hardly realistic. As for Hagrid? He won't even listen to a bad word said about Dumbledore. So no, I don't think he would have 'picked' Harry over someone he has shown such devotion to.

Ari0n
07-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Well I most definitely had read worse Azkaban fics. Thought endless repeated rants without any purpose are irritating. There are plenty illogical things too. For starters - what the hell Ron and Hermione are doing in the Azkaban fighting DE? Even if they have adult status (what is not clear) there is no way Dumbledore would allow them to participate in the battles (nor they are such a big asset in that field). Last three chapters are mostly pointless, repeating characters bashing from the previous parts of the story.

Hemotem
11-21-2008, 01:53 PM
I just finished rereading this and I find it a fairly good read granted the name butchering is getting annoying. I so far like the punishments that have happened to those that he has punished. I truly cannot wait and see who he punishes next. =))

I liked what he did to Hermione personally There must be some other things that she could have used for reading (they have dicta-quills why not something for a blind wizard to be able to read like braille ??)

As far as Harry going overboard of bing angry, Hell I would be pissed off if I was forced back into the area where my life was screwed over so badly.

I would also like to say that I hope to see this Fiction finished soon but alas the author is slow to update his stories.

Fir a rating I would put this at a 4.5/5 I like what has happened so far and hope to see it finished.

Hemotem

Richard
11-21-2008, 09:43 PM
You asshat, I thought the story was updated! Thanks.

JaredDrake
11-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't like this story. I think its too word-y at some parts and quite immature. Harry isn't effectively improving his case by throwing long-winded temper tantrums at every chapter. It gets old. I'd rather he just ignore them. If he's really serious about leaving them alone then he'd just cast a spell that would repel people like Hermione and the Weasleys away from him. He's already shown an aptitude at modifying spells that fully grown wizards and witches fail to counter. (Malfoy's transfigured state.

Richard
01-04-2009, 12:21 AM
The story has finally been updated on the 3rd of January. I'm reading chapter 18 now. I hope it was worth it.

Dark Minion
01-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Eh - the chapter wasn't worth the time. It still is better written than most fics, but it was more a filler than plot development - except of a short Ginny scene. Dante is dealing with Molly Weasley and its end is obvious.

Corwalch announced the next chapter as the final chapter of the story. We might learn more in about six months.

Banner
01-05-2009, 03:17 AM
How can the next chapter be it?

We have to deal with Ginny's monomania and lies, spank AD personally (as opposed to punishing him through his minions,) explain *plenty* about the Dante persona (including where he got the alternate wand, or how Harry managed to disguise his staff,) have an intense discussion with the Twins, justify his Time Turner...

It's been implied that The Power He Knows Not is what Harry used to kill Voldemort, and also kept Harry semi-sane in Azkaban. That needs SOME sort of telling.

And *I* would appreciate an epilogue of sufficient length to make me feel that Harry is The Winner at the rest of his life.

mikeuni
01-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I agree with banner on what needs to be in the last chapter. I do not see how the author will do this in one chapter and give satisfactory conclusions. But I am still hope full that it will be good.

Korisovra
01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I finally got around to reading the newest chapter for this one, and it was pretty much a disappointment. I don't see how the author can wrap the differing perspectives up in satisfactory manner, either, but I'm looking forward to the attempt, anyways.

mikeuni
01-25-2009, 08:16 PM
This story is now finished. I think he rushed the conclusion of this story and we did not get any answers to the creation of Dantes or the plans beyond Hogwarts. I did like how he dealt with Dumbledore, it showed that Harry was not as closed off. The way he deals with the baby is very good. The story was good overall but only a 4/5.

Banner
01-25-2009, 08:41 PM
It took me a while to figure out about the baby, and there was a lot that was never explained about Dantes, time travel, and The Power. That said, it was fun to see Ginny and Molly spanked. I really enjoyed the Ginny-bashing. I might go back and reread that part.
I got an update for Chapter 1 after the conclusion, so maybe the author rewrote it with more explanations. I had wanted a long epilogue, with a finally happy Harry.

Khortez
01-26-2009, 04:47 PM
How did Ginny get pregnant again? In a previous chapter that author made it sound like Ginny slept with someone before being kicked out, yet near the end all they talk about is a potion.

Was it polyjuice? Wouldn't whoever's spunk in her have reverted or something after the time limit?

Mordecai
01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
As I understood it, there was no sex involved. She took a potion which, combined with some of Harry's hair to provide DNA, led to her being pregnant with Harry's child.

Innomine
01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Did you actually read the fucking story?

It was a rather prominent part.

She took a potion that only needed a piece of Harry's hair, that would make her pregnant with his baby.

Edit: Mordecai, spoiler warning man.

MonCappy
01-26-2009, 09:29 PM
It took me a while to figure out about the baby, and there was a lot that was never explained about Dantes, time travel, and The Power. That said, it was fun to see Ginny and Molly spanked. I really enjoyed the Ginny-bashing. I might go back and reread that part.
I got an update for Chapter 1 after the conclusion, so maybe the author rewrote it with more explanations. I had wanted a long epilogue, with a finally happy Harry.
I was rather dissatisfied with the way she was dealt with. I still think she should have been executed with extreme prejudice.

Khortez
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
I read the story which was why I was confused. In one chapter she goes from being seemingly sexed up, to using a potion in the next one.

Kang
01-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Absolutely awful. One of the worst fics I have found in DLP's Library. Does not deserve to be in said Library.

1/5

Rhapsody Belle
01-27-2009, 12:36 PM
It had promise, then somehow lost it along the way.

I think the author had everything worked out in his/her head, then promptly forgot to clue the rest of us in on it as the story started drawing to a close. If you can really call that a "close". There's ending on a cliffhanger, and then there's... whatever that was.

2/5 from me, for showing promise in its early stages and then failing miserably to live up to it.

Andro
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
The premise, a glorified bashing session, is suspect already. Corwalch at least partially misunderstood his audience -people who simply want to vicariously feel self-righteous through Harry. To make the punishments so tame and deliver them so underwhelming a manner is really not an option plotwise from the author's point of view.

2/5 because the writing wasn't all that bad.

Perspicacity
01-27-2009, 04:59 PM
For kicks, I read the last several chapters of this story, one which I'd started long ago. I've rarely read to the end of an Azkaban story and found myself wishing for Harry to get locked up again. Story in a nutshell: "Once upon a time, Harry was locked up. Then, he was released. Harry was a god, but he was also very angry. Harry went to Hogwarts and took out his revenge on everyone. Then he lived unhappily ever after because he was an asshole. The end."

It was a factor of ten too long and shows why Azkaban stories were a flash in the fanfiction pan: either Harry forgives, in which case he's a wimp and not likable, or, as in this story, he doesn't, in which case he's a prick and not likable. Either way, he's not much fun to read about.

If Tinn Tam can give BajaB a 2/5 for a story that annoyed the tinkle out of her, then I can give this piece a 3/5 (on mechanics alone). I doubt I'll read another Azkaban fic.

Karas
02-02-2009, 06:21 AM
I'd read the bulk of this story a long time ago, before he posted these last chapters. I was glad to finally get this half-finished story out of my system.

I feel that the ending was rushed, possibly because it had sat unfinished for so long. I think the end just feels hurried compared to the rest. The plot doesn't seem as well fleshed out, kinda felt like a PowerPoint presentation of the ending. If you like Harry being pissed all the time and Azkaban stories I give it 4/5. Rated generally, I'd only give it 3. I think it's still a good read, and at least now its finished.

Cheers

Dark Minion
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Eh - it was better than most azkaban fics - but became repetitive. I really expected a more complex plotline with Dante and with Dumbledore needing Harry to save the wizarding world, but eventually he ruined the story and really rushed to end it.

This way it is at least finished and not abandoned, but I believe the author just wanted to get rid of it.

Helltanz98
03-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Isn't this an old fic and one he's just reposting though
Edit: Yes yes it is, if you want to read the whole thing he has it on a yahoo group

Dark Minion
03-13-2009, 06:59 PM
O_o ... You fail at reading.

Yeah, we know that the fic is finished. He posted the last chapter almost two months ago. And we know that it is an "old" fic - he started it more than four years ago.

And he didn't repost it. He just took his time to finish it.

Helltanz98
03-15-2009, 10:46 PM
No he 'recently' (as in in January) reposted it on FF.net is what I meant.

nonjon
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
No he 'recently' (as in in January) reposted it on FF.net is what I meant.The author yanked ALL his WIP fics from ff.net years ago and now only puts them on ff.net once they're finished. Supposedly. From his ff.net user page:
To those who are enjoying reading my stories please be aware I only post completed works on Fanfiction.net. All WIP's are posted places like HP Fandom, Wormhole Crossing and Wonderful World of Makebelieve. The reason for this is because FF.net as is their right, I guess, yanked the first chapter of The Wizard of Silence saying that it violated guidelines. As I stated when this happened with Do Not Meddle, I am pulling all WIP's from FanFiction.net and from now on only completed works will be posted here. Besides on HP fandom and the other sites, I can reply to your reviews directly.

HP Fandom is where most of us read this while it was in progress. And now with this thing finished, I'm inclined to change my vote to a 3/5. Early on the consistently angry and ranting attitude was enjoyable. A guilty pleasure to read of a sort. But as a completed fic, the pretty uninspired plot and rush to a conclusion falls short of excellence.

Kudos and bonus points for finishing a fic, but the story as a whole is pretty average. 3/5 territory, but I want to give it a bonus half point for actually being finished. Still doesn't quite feel up to a 4/5 standard so I'm on the fence between 3 and 4. This can be an enjoyable way to pass the time. But it's not required reading or greatness here.

Korisovra
03-22-2009, 04:43 AM
I expected to be disappointed, and guess what? I was. Massively. Final rating is 2.5/5. Plot-holes from hell and an ending that was anti-climactic enough to inspire a drinking binge.

Verminard
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
The trend I see in the author's stories are to reduce a lot of Harry's friends to shallow and unpleasant tools of the evil Dumbledore. This requires a huge suspension of belief. Even if Harry were a total moron who couldn't see that the people he cares most about, the only friends in his entire life, are utter bastards, we would have to believe that these people were capable of pulling this maskirova off in the first place.

Since they are described as being pushy, arrogant, and rude I can't buy that.

jjack1003
04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
i did not like this fic at all.
the whole story was literally a time waste.
so much stuff was redundant. fudge and umbridge's trial did not have to be 3 to 4 chapters long.
the story was not even going anywhere. harry got out of azkaban and took his revenge. thats it.