1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lord of War - movie

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Midknight, May 27, 2006.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

After taking the advice of some folks in the IRC room saying that it was great, I got aholf of the movie and watched it...

It rather sucked more nuts then a starved squirrel with a bottomless stomach let loose inside a acron stockpile.

The movie seems so fake and they try too hard. I've seen better camera work done on some Discovery channel documentaries. Nick Cage constantly talking over the scenes got old really fast. Nothing happened that I gave a flying shit about.

The Interpol agent hunting him was painful to watch, and included some of the worst acting I've seen throughout the movie.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

What did you expect from a movie named "Lord of War"?

3. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

give it some credit its actually really good @ 2am in the morning when there's nothing on TV.

4. Midknight

/me slaps Raven

I was actually told it was good by some folks whose opinions I respect enough to trust, heh

His acting was horrible, it was like he was on speed the entire movie. The bit I liked was when his brother goes apeshit and blows up one of the weapons trucks, and the warlord's men kill him, Nick Cage's character looks devestated, but still does the deal.

The rest of it just looks like they phoned in the acting.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I actually liked this movie. It gave me an interesting view on the whole arms trafficking thing. Any movie where I learn something is good in my book.

But I agree that the acting was bad, especially Cage's. Interpol agent wasn't so bad, actually. Also, some of these characters tended to go all emo at the sight of firearms, especially Cage's wife (that twist with her figuring out secret arms stash and going all berserk was totally OOC).

Oh, and that scene from the start, with a bullet traveling from factory to its victim was so cool.

6. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

didn't this come out a couple years ago with johnny depp?

oh wait, that was Blow.

same difference.

7. Midknight

Yeah I agree with the entry scene.

The whole african dictator thing was a bit of a stretch with the batshit insane son wanting the gun of Rambo, but the scene where he gives in and screws the whore, and then remembers at the end to ask her about AID's was a good bit seeing how low he'd sunk.

His wife going into the cache was stupid, especially when they'd made a big deal about how he could spot a helicopter trailing him a thousand + feet above his head, but not a fucking car following him into a deserted area.

The interpol agent just seemed to me like the guy was high on speed, his skin seemed greasy, and he was really twitchy.

8. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Can't help it but I liked that movie. Sure the acting wasn't great but I like the storyline. Especially the end. That agent hunts him for years and when he is finally able to catch him he is simply covered by some high ups. But Nicolas cage didn't win, he has basicly lost everything.