1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General Tutorial

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Lungs, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Brought to you by the joint effort of MattSilver, Palindrome, and Lungs

Credit for various links go to T3t as well.

Valuable Tools

Free Space Finder

I don't recommend the one I linked - AM 1.95 beta is a bit buggy, but I'm pretty sure there are links to slightly older versions.

And... Tile Insertion.

Feel free to play around with the tools. A lot of the difficulty goes away when you know where everywhere is when you actually start to map or tile.

Modding

Something else you need, that's extremely important if you want to play around with info like names, levels, anything that's numerical or databased, is a hexeditor, because everything is stored in hex code.

In the old days, I'd have to sit down, and rip all of the hex data from the roms, then use a terrible tool like... Nightmare (it's actually called Nightmare, lol) to mod.

But now we have PokeEditor, which combines a whole bunch of tools into one. From my experience, it's a little bit buggy here and there, but it is totally worth using.

I still like to crack open Advance Map, etc, but that's probably the best thing for a beginner to use at the moment.

More info pending.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I were to edit a TM into a location like Pewter city, how would I go about it?

3. Lungs

High Score:
    That's difficult - you have to add a Pokeball to a map, and add events etc...

A better thing to do is to add an event to a certain person, when you talk to, he'll give you a TM - you flag a person as someone who gives you things, and then you specify the TM.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When you say Pokeeditor is buggy, you weren't kidding. Fuck a tramp but it's impossible to use. No matter how many times I uninstall and download only the item editor ever works. The rest say there's a problem with installing the file. -_-

5. Lungs

High Score:
    Yeah. The thing is - what it does it download shit from HackMew's website. Unfortunately, HackMew's website is down - which means you have to find them online and install them and drag all of them into the folder - they usually compile on Pokeeditor.

Alternatively, you can just put everything into a folder and open them individually.