1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Are You A Werewolf: The Beginner's Cup

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Mafia has been being played on this forum for a while now. But after all the games played, universe's saved, warlocks hunted, death eaters thwarted, I have but one question:

Are You A Werewolf?
    (Beginner's Cup)​

To be in this game, you must have played in two or less previous games of mafia here on DLP.

There are three possible roles here:

Villager: The basic person. They have no special powers other then the vote. They are aligned with the town.

The Seer: The Only Town Aligned Power Role. Once per night, the seer can choose to investigate one townsperson and discover if they are villager or werewolf.

The Werewolves: The villains of this game. Once per night, the werewolves pick one person. That person is killed.

To kill people during the day, you need to LYNCH. To Lynch, you must cast votes. To cast a vote, type:

Vote: Player

With your target's name instead of Player. And yes, it has to be yellow. It will make it so much harder for me to miss a vote.

Also please note that there is no deadline voting here. There's only one type: standard.

You may retract your votes up until there is a majority. Once the last person votes to make it a majority, the vote is locked in, and no further votes may be cast.

Once someone is lynched, their role will be revealed to the public.

Day will last until a lynch is made (up to a maximum of 24 hours). Night will last until all night actions are in (up to a maximum of 24 hours).

There is no twilight in this game. Just thought I should mention it.

The game is now OPEN. People who may post in it are:

1. Schrodinger
    2. Xantam
    3. Duke of Rothwood
    4. Rubicon
    5. Jas
    6. disposablehead
    7. Eternity Lost
    8. coleam
    9. The Great Pandemonium
    10. silverlasso
    11. Yeagen
    12. Kalas
    13. iLost

Day One will last until 11:30 PM EST, or until a majority is reached.

Good luck, and don't let the ickle doggie werewolves bite!

Oh, and one last note: If you don't post at least once within the day, you get a warning. If you miss another day, you get bumped for an alt. Just saying.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Woot! First post!! I must be werewolf!!

But seriously, in a game with minimal power roles I personally think it will be harder to catch slips and have ideas on who is what since the majority of us will be normal villagers. Shall be an interesting game :)

3. coleam

coleam Death Eater

No one's posted yet? Color me surprised. Let's get this party started then.

Vote: Player Schrodinger

Why? Because he must be in the state of being a werewolf and not a werewolf simultaneously, which is better odds than anyone else in the game.

Yes, I know it's retarded, but someone had to start things up.

Edit: Fuck, ninja'd

---------- Post automerged at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Also, can we get a sticky?

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote: Coleam for making me laugh at such a terrible joke.

Also because I have no idea what I'm supposed to be posting but I feel like I should post something XD

(this is going to be so painful for for the mafia pros around here to watch)

5. coleam

coleam Death Eater

The first day of any mafia game is always like this, except that the more experienced players have metagaming to go off of. Since most of us haven't played before or have only played a game or two, we can't really metagame.

6. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I actually prefer not to metagame. I feel it ruins the game to some extent. That was why I was so excited to participate in a game like this where we all start off relatively fresh. I will refrain from voting for the moment until more people post and I will be up for quite a few hours yet.

7. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The fuck? I already got first day lynched once, coleam.
    I think we should at least wait for more than three people to post before lynching.

8. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I think I'll hold off on voting for the moment just because I've no clue who to vote for. It feels kind of wrong to vote for someone just based a guess. Then again a dead-lock is kind of bad. Then again band-wagoning doesn't seem to work. I think this game could become very confusing very quickly.

Uh, is anybody actually using their QT's here? I know their handy for your thoughts, but it just like over-kill for such a simple game. Wouldn't PM's work just as well?

---------- Post automerged at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I'm assuming editing posts is bad here, too? Also agree with coleam. A sticky would be pretty convenient.

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

So you have a QT then, do you iLost?
    :awesome

10. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

QT's are so the game mod can see what you're saying and so others can see them after the game.

So you're the Seer or a Werewolf then iLost. The way you said PM's makes me think you're a Werewolf.

Vote: iLost

11. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I personally feel the same. Unfortunately because the days are only 24 hours, I may not have the opportunity to vote gain. So no hard feelings but

As always, we basically grasp straws and lynch whoever. Lynching, especially in this format of the game is the ONLY way we can get rid of werewolves. There is also NOTHING that prevents a night kill by werewolves. So NOT LYNCHING is bad for town - regardless of whether or not we are sure we are lynching scum because if we don't, scum wins anyway.

A day of 2 of missed lynches may sound great, but that would put us -1 or -2 without any chance of getting even. Also, with only 2 werewolves, we have until the last 4 before they automatically win in a best case scenario for them.

12. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

In fact I've got a good idea.

Leave him be for today.

If the werewolves kill him tonight then we get to know what he is - probably the Seer.

If they don't, he 'checks' (or fakes a check on someone) someone and reveals it. We lynch him find out whether he is the Seer or not. Therefore whether his check is true.

If he's a Werewolf he's dead. If he's a Seer he's either killed by the Werewolves; doesn't waste a lynch; or he's lynched Day 2 after giving us a check (better than Day 1 lynch).

How does that sound?

Rescind Vote

Vote: Coleam

Reason: None really, he's just the one I feel most scummy out of all of those who have posted so far.

GET IN HERE AND POST PEOPLE!

13. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Hmm... Eternity Lost's thought process seems to be sound, but on the other hand, iLost's slip is the only thing we have to go on right now. I can't really justify voting for anyone else right now, so tentatively,

14. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

Odds are 2:1 for him being evil, so...

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I agree with Eternity Lost's reasoning. The game's lasting a minimum of five days so iLost's gives us a big advantage. Either:

A) We lynch him today. Find out role.

B) We don't lynch him. Werewolves kill the Priest.

C) We don't lynch him. He isn't NKed. He is a Werewolf.

and

D) We don't lynch him. He isn't NKed. But he is the Priest.

A will depend on how everyone votes and iLost's defense. B is most likely based on the wording of iLost's post. C is the least likely for the same reasons B is the most likely. And D is now a possibility based on this post lol.

It'll really come down to whether the Werewolves feel risking the chance at a lucky check is worth tying up our Day 2 lynch.

16. coleam

coleam Death Eater

For the QT thing, the villagers can ask Ves for one if they want, but I think iLost dun goofed.

Jeez Schro, no need to take it personally. We have literally nothing to go off of on day one and your name makes for easy corny jokes. I was just posting something to get the game going.

You do know that votes can be rescinded, right?

Speaking of which,

Rescind Vote

Vote Player: iLost

---------- Post automerged at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Oh, was the number of werewolves ever specified?

17. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

There's no way iLost is the Seer if he's mentioned using PMs (as in having to communicate with other people...durr hurr why would he have to do that?). So yeah, he's 100% a werewolf, and we should get rid of him now.

Vote Player: iLost

18. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Yeah, I made a pretty big slip of the tongue there. I had wrongly assumed everyone received one as a place to organize their thoughts based on the other games where everyone got one. Looking back, that assumption is stupid sense they were used more for night-actions. I'm face-palming pretty badly here right now. And they actually are pretty handy as a place for organizing your thoughts, surprisingly.

Of course, with that people are now thinking 'scum' because this is a reversal of my thoughts above. The reason? I asked that question to steer conversation a little away from discussing a lynch so I could get a read on who might be scum.

So, yeah, I'm saying I'm the Seer.

So despite any debate that will go after this, by day 2 I'm dead. Regardless. I either get lynched today, killed tonight, or lynched tomorrow.

In the end the only reason not to lynch me today, is so I might get the extremely low chance of doing a night-check tonight on somebody. The results of which would be confirmed as true by the lynch-kill tomorrow. This isn't very likely considering the werewolves would be pretty stupid not to NK me tonight. So, yeah.

Not quite sure what else to say. If people think having a small chance of me surviving the night to maybe getting a check-in for tomorrow is worth it, don't lynch me.

If people fear for a split vote leading to a no-lynch, then lynch me. It's better to get a lynch than not.

Personally, I'd lynch me, because you've nothing but my word to go on.

19. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    *dur* Forgot about the vote rescinding thing, sorry.
    iLost really does seem like our best lead.
    Vote Player: iLost.

20. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

@coleam. I mentioned that because that was what was used in the first Mafia game for the Death Eaters. I was likening that game to this one, due to its simplicity. And there are two werewolves, Kalas.

---------- Post automerged at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Whelp, that looks like seven votes, so I'm gone. I think the next game I'll try not to fuck-up so badly. (Really wanted to last longer than day 1, too) Good luck town, sorry I fucked-up. (I gotta go to work now, so I'm off.)