1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Unexpected Roads by Nemrut - T - Naruto/One piece

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Quick Ben, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Title: Unexpected Roads
    Author: Nemrut
    Rating: T
    Fandom: Naruto/One piece
    Pairings: None
    Summary: A One Piece/Naruto crossover. The escalation of the conflict between Akatsuki and Konoha causes several shinobi to find themselves in another world, one that would open up new roads for every person involved.
    Link(s):https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=17719
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6360548/1/Unexpected_Roads

This story has not received the attention it deserves or that the author needs to at least know its appreciated. So I put it up here in hopes that it gets some attention and that some of you might read it, rate it and at least let the author know that his work was not for naught.

I don't really know how to leave a decent review but I will try. First and foremost the one thing that interested me the most was Lee, I liked his character here, there is a scene where he acts like the shinobi he is and not just the loud guy in green spandex that he is always portrayed as in Canon.

Apart from the setting of how they go into the One Piece world and a chapter in the One piece world there isn't much, but the set up to getting there was interesting and the glimpse of what the author wants to do in the OP universe piqued my interest.

I don't know just give it a try, rate it and maybe it might give the author the inspiration he needs to update.

2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

WiP is over 30 days old. Is the author even active?

3. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Last week an author updated a story for the first time after more than 30 months. 30 days doesn't even count as writer's block.

4. SmileOfTheKill

Well, no one posted in story and I did not know of the author is active in general. I worded the last sentence badly but you should understand what I meant.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, I am working on it now and then, but to be honest, right now my interest lies more in Fate Stay Night than in One Piece so it might take a while till the next update.

I have some plans and some stuff written for it, but as for now, it is on the back-burner.

I might post snippets of the next chapter in the next week or so, though.

6. SmileOfTheKill

Yeah, that is what I feared. Good stories that don't have enough chapters or hope of getting updated regularity makes me sad.

Better to hear you like Fate/Stay Night though, that is more interesting overall.

7. CrimsonEmperor

CrimsonEmperor Squib

I honestly felt that this story had more potential than Shinobi of the High Seas... The only other Naruto/One Piece fic worth reading. Its a shame that there is no plan to update it.

8. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Unexpected Roads leaves Shinobi of the High Seas dead in the water, which is exactly where that fic belongs.

The main problem Unexpected Roads suffers from is scope. We've got a rather large cast of characters whose stories Nemrut intends to tell, and without a main character to focus our attention on and emotionally invest in, the story could be too cumbersome to be enjoyable.

If the means and method of the Naruto-cast's arrival in One Piece-verse isn't particularly important [as Nemrut indicates], then there were an awfully large number of words devoted to it.

I'm using phrases such as "could be" because not enough has been written to judge it. While the insight into Rock Lee and his fight with the pirate was fun and worth reading, I don't think this story is ready to enter our library yet.

What do I rate it in this case? Premature. 1/5. Send to recycling for later processing.

9. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Unexpected Roads has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 4
    Words: 20,209
    Updated: 2019-08-10 10:43:51 UTC
    Published: 2010-09-29 11:40:14 UTC
    Previously updated: almost 9 years ago
    New Summary:
    A One Piece/Naruto crossover. The escalation of the conflict between Akatsuki and Konoha causes several shinobi to find themselves in another world, one that would open up new roads for every person involved.

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.