1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP My Little Chrono; Triggers Are Magic by Pav Fiera - T - Chrono Trigger/MLP:FiM

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Chengar Qordath, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Title: My Little Chrono: Triggers Are Magic
    Author: Pav Fiera
    Rating: Teen
    Genre: Adventure
    Fandom: Chrono Trigger/My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Pairings: None listed
    Summary: Rainbow Dash attends her hometown's Millennial Summer Sun Celebration, where she meets a peculiar pink pony. When a strange portal appears during the testing of Twilight Sparkle's latest invention, and pulls their new companion inside, the two friends give chase and embark on the most important adventure in all of history.
    Link: here

Since Chrono Trigger is my favorite RPG of the 16-bit era, and has immense nostalgia value for me, I had to give this one a try. Its basic premise is fairly straightforward; it's Chrono Trigger, but with ponies.

That said, the author is doing a good job of not just retreading the game's plot with an occasional pony spin on it. MLP elements are integrated nicely into the story, and character development and relationships do a nice job of combining elements from the cartoon and the game. Some of the crossover character parallels are definitely interesting and creative choices that wouldn't have immediately occurred to me (like Rarity as Frog), but the authors makes them work.

The only real complaint I have against it so far is that Pinkie's fourth wall humor can be a bit lacking in subtlety at times.

Fair warning though; my nostalgia filter for Chrono Trigger might make me like this a lot more than others will.

2. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Okay, I'm going to check this out. All for the reasons you listed above. Chrono Trigger=<3. But, just got done with your fic and sleep calls. We will back with a review later.

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Chapter 12 posted.

Chapter's a bit on the short side, but we do get an awesome race scene.

Also, the updates gives me an excuse to bump the fic and hopefully get some more opinions on it.