1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Nisemonogatari

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by nairit, Jan 29, 2012.

1. nairit

nairit Second Year

Nisemonogatari. The sequel to Bakemonogatari. The cast returns to deal with the story of Koyomi's sisters.

Pros: Awesome art direction- even though its talktalktalk it still manages to not be boring. The pacing is amazing and it does not feel that screen space is ever wasted. Hot girls everywhere, sharp dialogues and pretty fun premise. Pretty fun main character too.

Cons: Very slow moving, but I guess that's because it has to set up the whole series and has to show the changes so, its understandable. But some people do complain about this so... Also, some people are annoyed with the main heroine since she's a kuudere.

link: torrent available at tokyotosho.info. Don't want to link to nsfw/torrent site.

ANN Blurb:
    Discuss.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Is it worth its own thread? There's an Official Recommendation Manga thread on the first page of the subforum.

3. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I'll assume you're talking about the new anime season, rather than the light novel.

It's alright. Above average fan service wankery with five minutes of shit that actually matters at the end of every conversation.

In Bakamonogatari, every line of dialogue mattered, even if that wasn't immediately apparent. It was all directly related to the conclusion of that arc (and subsequent arcs afterwards).

Nisemonogatari, on the other hand, has the characters talk about a bunch of random bullshit while the aforementioned hot chicks hit on the MC, most likely full of a bunch of references to shit outside the show.

In conclusion:
    [​IMG]

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That.

Bakemonogatari worked because of the strict plot which was corresponding with all the talk and its misuse or abuse of kanji.

Perhaps I watch a bad sub, but now most of the time it's just meaningless smalltalk.

5. nairit

nairit Second Year

I guess its more of a thing where they're showing the life and times of Araragi Koyomi then transitioning into plot. The slice-of-life stuff is fun to watch too, while you know that there is something going on in the background. You know that the sisters are getting into trouble, you know that there is a weird guy around Kanbaru and you know that sisters are investigating the charms from Nadeko. There has been a lot of stuff put into those conversations that would have been odd being just told to us.

It doesn't have the brevity that Bakemonogatari had, I agree, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Bakemonogatari was our first intro to the characters, now we do want to see the previous characters and know what's going on with them. I believe that if they hadn't shown us the other characters, people would have had a problem with that too.

6. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

It doesn't matter if we know something is going on if we don't care about it.