1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Animeeshon Spring 2012

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

And here they come - two charts listing the upcoming anime-season. This season features a broad range of shows.

• Slice of life / school stuff: Kimi to Boku S2; Koi-Ken
    • Romance: Hiiro no Kakera
    • Mystery: Hyoka; Tasogare OtomeƗAmnesia
    • Comedy: Sankarea; Upotte!! (I think it's comedy!?!)
    • Mecha: Eureka Seven Ao
    • Superheros: Zetman (looks like a Marvel ripoff)
    • Sports: Basketball; Football(Soccer, for our American [censored])
    • Music: AKB004S; Sakamichi no Apollon (about a school jazz club)
    • Fan Service: Medaka Box; Gokujyo (first episode: "Who's Got No Panties!?")
    • Retards: Rock Lee no Seishun (yes, it's a Naruto spinoff)
    And some typical pseudo historical stuff, demons/ghosts/youkai, shounen, etc.

Of course there is also some creepy japerverse stuff...
    Mysterious Girlfriend X:
    "Urabe Mikoto is an antisocial girl whose hobby is sleeping during class breaks. One day, Tsubaki goes to wake her up and accidentally tastes her drool... And gets hooked on it."​

My personal Highlights:

Fate/Zero yeah >_> why did they have to split that into two parts.

Eureka Seven As the movie they made of the original series was an as huge trainwreck as the last (non-manga compliant) episode of the series, I fear another crash. Nevertheless I enjoyed the original manga and anime, and quite a lot of Bones' similar shows.

Kore wa Zombie desu ka gets a second season. It's nothing spectacular, but quite funny at times.​

I'll definitely check out the Mysteries, perhaps Sankarea (about a girl who wants to become a zombie),

This can be found on:
    http://atxpieces.wordpress.com/

[​IMG]

The second was made by Zana on
    http://neregate.com/blog/2011/12/23/spring-2012-anime/:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm still waiting for FMP...

3. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Meh. Weak lineup. Was hoping the soccer thing would be Giant Killing 2, but alas it isn't :(

Will probably check out both the sports animes, otherwise nothing for me here.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Tasogare OtomeƗAmnesi
    a: Read the manga and enjoyed it, though when I got to the end and had to wait for updates I didn't follow. Kind of romance as well as mystery. Good manga, I'll definitely check out the anime to see what they do. Glad they're making an anime, since I've just about forgotten what happens in the manga.

Sankarea: I find it really strange that they're making an anime out of this already. There doesn't seem to be enough material from the source manga to justify 12 episodes or whatever they're doing. I might be missing a Novel or something, who knows. Part comedy, part drama at times from what I recall. Might be fun to watch.

Zetman: I've seen a huge amount of people recommend this manga. Recommendations don't necessarily mean it's good since Opinions, but I'll probably look at it.

Medaka Box
    : Controversial manga. IIRC, the author changed the direction of the manga suddenly when ratings were dropping, going from a "Solve the problem of the week" high school manga to a "Shounen FIGHTAN" high school manga. Fanservice is right, and not just ecchi fanservice. Super power fanservice, and a Mary Sue heroine.

Rock Lee: Fuck you, Japan.

Eureka: Please don't fuck this up.

Accel World: Oh shit. I kind of love the author of this manga. Does a lot of virtual reality stories and such. It's a "Once a month" release schedule, and there isn't much material there, so once again I'm kind of wondering if they actually have enough to go on for an anime series. The manga just got to a point where Shit Gets Real, so.. fuck, the anime worries me because I like this manga. I hope it's good.

5. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

/mee, too.

Actually, there was a fake chart listing it... together with "Heaven's Feel Pt. 1"

6. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

So not only am I getting a Medaka Box anime, but one based on Zetman as well? And another work by Sinichiro Watanabe, with music by Yoko Kano? AND a remastered Nadia?

Fuck. Yes.

7. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Okay, to recc ZETMAN, I wrote up a summary for Fiat and Mishie because the one on Wikipedia was just horrible.

Now tell me that that's not an appealing story. GO ON.

8. Tesla

Tesla Auror

Don't trust the promising premise of Zetman. It looks like it's going to be great - hell, even the first 20 chapters or so point to that. But then it just gets ridiculously convoluted and you're just left irritated that something with so much potential became so incomprehensible.

9. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

While I enjoy Zetman very much, the story's been moving along a bit too slowly for me to keep up with.

There are actually one or two anime in this season, aside from Fate/Zero, that I'm interested in.

First is Hyouka, because the main character doesn't sound like your typical idiot or doormat male that most anime seem to favor. That and it's a mystery anime? I might just give this one a chance.

Kuroko no Basket - I've been following the manga for a while now and I'm thoroughly enjoying every moment of it. It just seems to have the right combination of humor, pacing, and action that most Shonen comics don't give out anymore. I'm very eager to see how the adaption will live up.

As for Zetman, I'm a bit too reluctant to try it out but if people say that the adaption turns out well, then I might just watch it too.