1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Black Hands of NERV by bissek - T - Evangelion/Noir

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Kensington, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Title: The Black Hands of NERV
    Author: bissek
    Rating: T
    Genre: Mystery/Adventure
    Fandom: Evangelion/Noir
    Pairings: Shinji/Chloe
    Summary: What if Shinji had a twin sister named Kirika? What if Asuka had a cousin named Chloe?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3646768/1/The_Black_Hands_of_NERV

This story is one of the best mergings of two fandoms I've read. Bissek has taken the conspiracy of Les Soldats and fully integrated it into a post 2nd-Impact world. The best part is that the author doesn't blindly follow canon. Les Soldats and SEELE refuse to coexist which ripples down to the staff at NERV. It is especially apparent to me in the characterization in Shinji and Asuka. By introducing relatives with questionable circumstances and loyalties, the characters develop down radically different paths that still seem true to their canon characterization. And while I marked that there is a Shinji/Chloe pairing, there really isn't much romance at all in this story.

The sole negative to me in this story was the over-powerfulness of Noir displayed in the last two chapters. And that may even be canon, since I recall from watching the anime that the members of Noir were stupidly OP.

For excellent characterization, grammar, and plot, I rate this story:

5/5

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012