1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Fusion of Destinies by Grey-X - Metroid - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by KeshinNoAkui, May 31, 2006.

1. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

Title: Fusion of Destinies
    Author: Grey-X
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 25
    Words: 194,564
    Updated: June 3, 2006
    Published: September 7, 2005

Crossover: Metroid
    Summary: During Harry's 5th year, a Muggle woman with amnesia and bizarre powers seeks him out, believing he's a link to her past. However, soon the two end up facing a menace capable of destroying all life on Earth, and the galaxy.
    Link: Fanfiction.net

Was semi-surprised no one had posted this yet, I found it quite good, with some humorous parts, though I haven't read the last 3 or so chapters.

Sequels:

Fusion of Destinies II: Day of Reckoning
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 50
    Words: 530,751
    Updated: August 22, 2010
    Published: January 7, 2009
    Summary: Harry Potter/Metroid crossover. When a renegade Auror called Valkyrie teams up with Voldemort to unlock a deadly secret buried long ago by the four founders of Hogwarts and the Chozo, Samus returns from the future to help Harry and his friends stop them.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4777966/1/Fusion-of-Destinies-II-Day-of-Reckoning

Fusion of Destinies: A Fistful of Buttload
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/Parody
    Chapters: 7
    Words: 15,313
    Updated: July 29, 2012
    Published: April 1, 2012
    Summary: What started as a heartless April Fools' Day joke about the release of Fusion of Destinies III will be an ongoing train wreck of a comedy tour, featuring Harry Potter and Metroid characters mercilessly ripping on each other for our amusement.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7977660/1/Fusion-of-Destinies-A-Fistful-of-Buttload

Checked by Minion, January 11, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

It's well written, and is interesting for people that actually know of the Metroid fandom and its canon.

3. MoPhire

MoPhire First Year DLP Supporter

I've read it to chapter nine so far and here's my opinion on the fic.

The story is of a decent length and well written. Ideawise, its something i've never seen befor. it can be compared to nonjon's 'Browncoat greeneyes' in that you don't have to have an exceptional understanding of metroid!verse to enjoy the fic. everything you need to know about the characters is expleored in the fic. I haven't seen any romantic inclinations so far but a Samus-Harry ship would be interesting, what with her amazonian body and his skinny one.

Overall, an enjoyable story for those who are looking for something different.

MoPhire

4. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

""Yeah, well why was it the title of a whole chapter in the last..." Ron began.

It happened faster than Harry could even blink. Hermione raised her wand, muttered an incantation Harry couldn't quite make out, and conjured up a huge, wooden mallet, with which she used to bash in Ron's skull repeatedly. "NO FOURTH-WALL BREACHES!" Hermione howled as Ron lay crumpled on the floor."

Heheheh.

5. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I just finished the story, and while it's a very good story, it seems like ... the end result was underwhelming. The entire story fits between two chapters in OotP, and is almost 200k words.

6. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was pleasantly surprised actually - the build up to the big "who is this woman" reveal was actually well timed out, and the fact that it took place during OotP? A rare treat that was quite a nice surprise.

The story ran on a bit long honestly, and I was hoping Harry would get to retain his Metroid powers.... but the fact that it was a fairly good retelling of the Metroid saga? I've never seen that before, as it had never seemed like such a great story. Now perhaps I think I may have to change my mind.

A tentative recommendation, I think.

-J

7. iceking1600

iceking1600 Squib

This is a great story though i found the ending rather stupid along with harry losing the metroid powers i mean his body couldnt handle the strain from them yet he can use a power that can warp reallity (magic that is.) well anywho good story i think its worth reading.

8. Kharmic_Retribution

Kharmic_Retribution Muggle