PDA

View Full Version : DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lungs
02-10-2012, 08:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K64eq.jpg

Rules and Regulations (https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=21240)

--------------------------------------
Flava Flave was here.

There was a strong haze in the dark room and altogether, not enough air. It was an underground space, in a location that few people would ever know of. Sitting in the seats about a long mahogany table were people beholden one way or another to the Master.

The double doors burst open with a huge slam.

Three figures thrown in a relief of silhouette and white light cast long shadows on the table and the cloud of smoke drifted away.

"What's this?" asked Lord Ravenclaw, the last of his line.

"Avada Kedavra!" the figure in the middle screamed in exaltation. A man with his face hidden behind the mask of Time and Lost Posts flicked a wand of Pacific Yew and the table rose to intercept the blast of green light.

"Do not strain yourself, Zevrillion." Syaoran, dressed in armor of blue and gold in memory of his lost love, rose, his eyes flashing green for but a moment. A wand, the color a midnight opposite of Zevrillion's, appeared in his hand as he fired a lazy spell. As wind began to blow against the intruders, sending clouds of smoke, dust and loose objects, he gave a hard slash. A little jet of fire, technicolor in temperament, sped through the dust.

As it made contact with the central figure's wand, a small shock wave was let loose, throwing her hood back. A mess of honey brown hair tumbled out.

"Ashaya, the Lady of the Hermonies."

A low growl was heard in the background.

"Hey Sree!" she called in greeting. The sitter who had growled snorted in return. "Vira, take care of him."

"Must I?" the figure to her left wondered aloud, her movements sluggish.

Sree raised his wand, prepared for anything, but very suddenly a shard of ice grew out of his chest. He stared at it, dumbfounded, and raised his wand, a healing charm at this lips, but it continued to grow. He dropped his wand, clutching the jagged piece as it cut into his hand, freezing and lacerating him.

He tumbled to ground, and there was silence.

"Should have played Mario Kart with me more often," Ashaya said, a manic sort of laughter building in her eyes.

"No!" screamed Oz, the burly Irishman who had been sitting next to Sree. He lunged forward, his wand ready to perform the miracles he had been known for, but-

"Get back, you fool!" spat the French doctor next to him. Sree's body had burst into cursed flame as the third, unidentified, figure's wand flashed.

It was too late. Oz could have been capable of moving, had he not been struck by grief. A withering black inferno engulfed him and he gave a long, keening scream. His remains drifted to the ground as the woman stood.

"Tinn, the greatest of all witches," Ashaya said, her eyes locked against the other's.

"Hermonie." Tinn had spoken the dreaded word.

Ashaya nodded as the final witch pulled her hood off.

"Palindrome?" various sitters exclaimed in shock.

"Yes! Fiendfyre!" she shouted, pointing her wand directly at the ground.

"She's insane," several sitters said quietly as they were consumed by the deadly heat.

In the end, only Syaoran and another sitter stood, their backs to the King of Kings, Jon, a reincarnation of Gilgamesh.

"I suppose we shall destroy the mongrels, shall we?" Jon's voice rang over the crackle of flame.

And then his swords were buried in the backs of Syaoran and Midknight, the latter of which died instantly.

Jon looked down onto the prone body of Syaoran and laughed. "Arturia was mine, you fool." A golden boot came down and snapped Syaoran's neck.

"Why didn't they fight back?" Palindrome wondered of Jon, her eyes wary.

"It matters not to them. They will be reformed..." Jon waved his arms about. "Around."

"Do you mean we did this in vain?" Vira asked.

"No. It will take them years to regroup, in which we could seize power. Now, do swear fealty to me," Jon said, looking rather impatient.

Ashaya's face scrunched up. "Fealty?"

Jon shrugged. "Yes? Wasn't that the plan from the beginning? You'd love to serve the God King, wouldn't-"

"I didn't do this to swear fealty to anyone!" she shouted. "I did this to win the Elder Wand from the Master of Death and-"

" What?" Jon whispered, his eyes dangerous.

"You heard me, you old fossil, I-"

At that moment, there was a loud din of shouting voices and spells and armor.

"The cavalry's here!" Jon said merrily. "Now, shall we destroy them together, or will I have to kill all of you?" He smirked.

"Change of plan." The sixteen best soldiers of the Master's Court flooded into the room. "It seems that we're going to be killing you."

Fenraellis, the Captain of the Guard, stared at Syaoran's body, beneath Jon's foot. "All four of you." He drew his wand, determination written in the lines of his face.

"Just chuck them in the damn Asylum, then torture them slowly," the little Asian girl Irene said, in a high pitched voice.

"I'll be okay with that," Moridin said, his more savage side showing.

"Not today! Trick Room!" Vira said, as loudly as she had ever.

And then, several things happened at once. Ashaya cast the Killing Curse again and Palindrome summoned Fiendfyre. Jon opened the Gates of Babylon and Fenraellis' wand flashed in a ritual to summon the HoliLoli.

A bright white light permeated in the room.

"What the fuck just happened?" Ashaya said, her voice in a slightly different inflection. She fell over, as if she were unused to her body.

"Thi' ain't me," someone said, with Lungs' ability to use ghettospeak shining through.

"Guys, I'm relatively certain this isn't my body," Irene said as her hands drifted over the somewhat existent tits.

"Stop that!" someone shouted, but no one paid their identity any attention.

"Err..." someone said in the shadows. "Oh no, bad guys are here! Let's deal with the bad guys by killing people."

"I've played in every mafia game ever," said another, softer, voice.

"God damn it! Lumos!"

Flava Flave was here.

The Agenda today consists of the following:

1. Mayor Vote
2. Lynch Vote

Livelist.jpg

Ashaya
Seratin
Vesvius
jwlk
Fenraellis
Mishie
SmileOfTheKill
Aekiel
OllieK
Snowflake
Jangel
Taure
Kalas
Stojil
Lochness
Sneakthief
Republic
Zenzao
Azira
Kens

Seratin
02-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I like big butts and I cannot lie. Ash is scum. Just sayin'.

Definitely Not Azira
02-10-2012, 08:54 PM
And it begins. Another first day full of fun and shit.

And you know what? For the first time, I really want to be Mayor. I think I've proved myself in the last few games as a capable player, and think I will do a good job for town in the role.

Mayor Vote: Aziraphale

Ash
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, clearly the Ashaya is a scum role ;)

However, as the flavor text shows, we've all switched roles!

So, mayor stuff. I'm always happy being mayor. I LOVE POWER.

Vote for me :3

SmileOfTheKill
02-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Who is I?

So yeah, I would like to be ze Mayor but that is not going to happen. My ego/charisma isn't high enough to convince anyone.

Seratin
02-10-2012, 09:00 PM
As for the Mayor vote, I don't know all that much about everyone's history and the quality of player they are. What I do know is, Ash usually gets killed early and Taure is usually scum. I reckon that it's about time Taure wasn't scum and maybe this is the game where he isn't.

Nominate mayor: Taure

Zircon
02-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Sera is pretty right, but I wouldn't vote for Taure. He's not nearly as good as Ash, but she's barely ever trustworthy. I usually find Azira both somewhat skilled and quite effective when he's town, but I've not got enough of a feel yet for anyone else, so

Mayor Vote: Gambit

I'm town and open to suggestion. I don't hide shit from the town, and I'm not super important either.

SmileOfTheKill
02-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Well, I am town so vote for me! I can do that too. My issue with the Mayor vote is that I just don't trust anyone. Dun dun dunnnnn.

I will end up voting on someone, but it will never be Taure. Taure is always scum, why would it be any different now?

Aekiel
02-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Obligatory Self-Mayor vote.

Mayor Vote: Aekiel

I've never been Mayor before, and it seems to me that all the usual candidates are held with more suspicion than the rest of us combined. Plus, I'm as readable as an open book.

Ash
02-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I like Taure.

Mayor vote: Taure

I dunno if he's scum or not, but he sure is pretty.

Taure
02-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I reluctantly accept this responsibility.

And by reluctantly, I mean FUCK YEAH VOTE FOR ME.

Mayor vote: Taure

I've never seen more sound reasoning than this:

I reckon that it's about time Taure wasn't scum and maybe this is the game where he isn't.

TAURE 2012

Uncle Stojil
02-10-2012, 09:56 PM
If that's your reasoning, then:

Mayor vote: Castiel

Or not...

Rescind vote

Seratin
02-10-2012, 10:02 PM

Taure has Ash's DLP password?

SmileOfTheKill
02-10-2012, 10:03 PM

Can't resist his smiling face?

Mishie
02-10-2012, 10:10 PM
So yeah, looks like this has started, awesome. For my mayor vote, I'm not 100% sure who I'm going to vote for, but it's either Aekiel or Aziraphale, mainly because they aren't Ashaya or Taure. Because really, when has trusting either of them ended well for us?

---------- Post automerged at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Also, not going to vote for ollie because well, it's ollie so in the event of him not being scum, he'll do something stupid with the mayor power.

Zircon
02-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Also, not going to vote for ollie because well, it's ollie so in the event of him not being scum, he'll do something stupid with the mayor power.

Mayor for the people mate, I'll do things more or less by a plurality vote, and I sorta love you guys (except Taure, I hate him) so it'll be pretty pro town, in the end if I go with all not terrible ideas the town has.

Aekiel
02-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Mayor for the people mate, I'll do things more or less by a plurality vote, and I sorta love you guys (except Taure, I hate him) so it'll be pretty pro town, in the end if I go with all not terrible ideas the town has.

Plurality vote has its uses, but when it comes down to it, we need a Mayor who will be decisive enough to choose between one person and another. Add in that there are six scum out there to manipulate the votes and it becomes very risky to work by plurality. Remember that the town has been led by the nose by scum. Hell, Jon basically ruled over the last Dresdenmafia, and his actions dictated the way the entire end of that game was played, simply because he was so persuasive.

Personally, I don't trust any of you fuckers, but I'm open to suggestions on how to use the Mayor powers. I'd reserve the right to act as I see fit to try and find the scum, though, if I were to be elected.

---------- Post automerged at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Also, we don't have a very good history of being decisive, except when somebody screws up.

Kensington
02-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Mark my words, this game is going to create some confusion.

"What's that? I think Ashaya is the Ashaya? Or are you saying Ashaya is the Ollie? Wait - did I hear Ollie? Are we all voting Ollie now because he's Ashaya?"

That said - don't make me mayor. I no want power.

SmileOfTheKill
02-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Okay, fun idea.

Mayor vote: SmileOfTheKill

This will work. I'm a towny and even though I am not the most popular I can be trusted. I've only been Town and my last game I was a host. I know stuff.

Seratin
02-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Okay, fun idea.

Mayor vote: SmileOfTheKill

This will work. I'm a towny and even though I am not the most popular I can be trusted. I've only been Town and my last game I was a complete derp. I know nothing.

Fixed that for you, Smile.

Fenraellis
02-10-2012, 11:32 PM
As a random thought, is it guaranteed that nobody RNG'd as themselves? I just thought it would be funny and I don't recall if that was a definite truth.

Snowflake
02-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Oh, the game already started.

I don't really trust anyone yet so I'm going to wait a bit to put in my mayor vote.

Fishy Justice
02-11-2012, 12:03 AM
I am leaning towards Aekiel.

I more-or-less agree with his little leader rant. While I don't think Gambit(or any other mayor) would be indecisive, I do believe there are certain benefits to a single person's intuition over the majority. If you want examples, go look at any of the 'judge' roles in previous games.

There is just something inherently good about a single person making the call. Being open to suggestions can be a good concept, if the individual in power has the ability to dissect arguments. But don't disregard intuition (unless you suck at it).

On the other hand, plurality could be a way to "keep tabs." Maybe.

Kensington
02-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Fishy Justice, you're new - so you haven't learned the truth of Aekiel and mafia games. If Aekiel survives the first night, he's scum. Well, mostly.

That said, Aekiel can play a really good game of scum. I'd be scared to vote him into power.

Aekiel
02-11-2012, 12:47 AM
/sigh

I'm never going to get beyond the first night death thing, am I? :p

Bloody games of werewolf.

Lungs
02-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Fishy Justice is Sneakthief.

Kalas
02-11-2012, 01:01 AM
The problem is there are zero candidates who, when scum, don't play a very persuasive elegant game. The only exceptions so far are Azira, who's play I find inconsistent and Gambit.. lol.

There are two things we want to be considering on this vote the Asylum power and the extra life.

The Asylum is the main focus of course, a game long roleblock if I understand it right. We can vote to free them of course but it goes without saying one key commitment could shift this game one way or the other. A commitment that will most likely be based on intuition.

The second part is that extra life. There are some very good players in this game who, if patterns hold, will either die in the first couple days or last right till endgame. We need to give serious consideration to who wants that extra life and who needs it.

I've got a good idea of where my vote will be headed but I'm waiting on some more postage to get a general feel for people.

Aekiel
02-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Well, I'm all for guaranteeing myself to live through day one. Didn't work so well in HoT2, but c'est la vie.

Vesvius
02-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Alright, everyone. I am here and somewhat sober. So now I'm going to declare my intention of playing this game in the spirit it was created it.

So for my first question for mayor aptitude: AEKIEL? Do you deny that you are in fact a platypus? Speak the truth!

Seriously though, I'm going to try and take an easier approach to this game and post what my thoughts are without worry of being lynched for once. A novel approach, I'm sure, but one I'm that I'm sure will be rewarded, in my own laughter if nothing else.

First thought: Aekiel has yet to deny his platypushood, and my post has been live for more then a picosecond. I smell suspicion.

---------- Post automerged at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Second question: Seratin! Is it not true you refuse to evolve? Is this because you fear becoming an electrode is a sign of your self-destructive play style?

Question the Third: GAMBIT! Why the hell did you change your name? I barely know you anymore man!

Fourth Question: Who the fuck is Fishy Justice, and why haven't I heard of him before?

Oh, and I'd also like to declare my candidacy for mayor! I trust myself more then Smile or Aekiel, and I think I'd make a damn awesome mayor. Or at least, a passable one. Look at my track record! Sure, the town lost and I did nothing with the Hobo Box in Awesomafia, but at least I didn't contribute to the town's demise! I can promise that even if I fail as a mayor, it won't destroy the town.

WAT NAO?

Aekiel
02-11-2012, 01:52 AM
I deny your accusation, sir! I am not a platypus, I am a flying squirrel!

---------- Post automerged at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

I'm also a Lapras.

Vesvius
02-11-2012, 01:54 AM
A squirrel? That's the second least trustworthy animal I know! After all, everyone knows that the only things squrrrel's cheeks are stuffed with is suspicion. Suspicion and seeds. Though I suppose that's two things. Flying just makes it worse.

Kalas
02-11-2012, 01:57 AM
-snip-

Didn't contribute? I have it on good authority a full quarter of the town died in the night after YOU let them into your house to 'visit'!

Vesvius
02-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Didn't contribute? I have it on good authority a full quarter of the town died in the night after YOU let them into your house to 'visit'!

Sure, blame the guy who throws massive awesome parties in his house, not the guy who is named dhulli who sneaks in and throws a firebomb.

You're just jealous that you weren't invited.

Wait, you did die that night didn't you.

You're still jealous.

Ash
02-11-2012, 02:04 AM
I like Vesvius' attitude. It is one that I've tried myself in many games. Keeping my vote on Taure for now, since he could poison my food.

Also, that party at your house was killer, Vesvius.

Zircon
02-11-2012, 02:59 AM
I'm sure I want myself as mayor, but I'd probably trust Ves or Azi with it. Problem being that I don't know if they're clean.

I'd like to see Aekiel survive to tomorrow even if he's scum just because the poor guy always goes first.

Definitely Not Azira
02-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Why vote me, over these other worthy candidates you might ask.

I could tell you why each and every one of them isn't good for you, but I prefer presenting my own strengths rather than trying to win by default of trashing my other candidates, like some people here seem to be resorting to.

I will listen to town when it comes to using my power, but I will not guarantee to do what might seem to be the majority opinion. The reason to this is because scum can influence this game alot. A passive scum will almost never win the game, so they have to be active in thought and actions to win.

I will use my own judgement, taking into account all parameters and reading and rereading and rerereading the thread before using my power.

I know from previous games that the Mayor can be decisive if played well, and I plan to do that. I don't plan to act as if because I am Mayor, that I am the leader of the town. The Mayor, despite his name, is there to help guide the town and allow it that extra oomph needed to sometimes help it through a rough patch.

I promise I will be a great Mayor for town. So don't let the scum get one of their own elected.

Vote Aziraphale.

jwlk
02-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Hmm If I'm not going to be voting for myself for mayor, it'll definitely go to Azir or Aekiel. I liked Aekiel's little spiel, and he seems easy to read. But either way, mayor isn't THAT much of an important role. He just gets a life, and can send people to the crazy house every two days. While important, it is hardly game breaking. Either one who gets it though, will obviously be checked (eventually, as roles allow) So i'm not too worried about scum slipping in there :D

Also, I second the confusion :P Anyway, we have a mayor and lynch vote to do today, are we going to wait to lynch until after the mayor vote?

Republic
02-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Game has began, cool.

Mayor Vote, Mayor Vote ... dunno. Hi Vesvius, sorry for ruining the party in your house in the last game. T'was my idea to torch the place with everyone inside, so yeah. Worked pretty well though, didn't it?

Pokemanz IRC makes me want to vote for Aekiel, and that's as good a reason as any.

I demand you name something awesome after me, Aek.

Uncle Stojil
02-11-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm in a hurry, sooooo:

blah blah blah I don't trust any one of you guys.

blah blah blah I only trust myself.

blah blah blah I would never be voted for Mayor.

blah blah blah If I had to vote someone else, it would either be Aekiel or Gambit.

blah blah blah I'm not going to vote for now.

See in you a few hours.

Zenzao
02-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Okay then, the game is afoot. Right now my vote is leaning toward Aziraphale or Aekial, mostly because I trust them more than I do some of the other candidates at the moment having played well enough with them in the past.

That could of course bite me in the ass if they are scum, but I'm willing to take that chance for now and see how the game plays out.

As a general head's up, I won't be responding to the first several hours of action each night as I'm usually offline by 7 PM EST and then not back on until about now, 7 AM EST.

Okay, after a seeing Republic's vote up there, I think that puts Aekial in the lead.

Mayor Vote: Aekiel.

LochNess
02-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Just woke up and found this up and running!

I was thinking about voting for Aziraphale, but reading his last post made me a little doubtful. Maybe because I automatically over read all of the posts, but what he said just seems like something I would say if I was scum. The whole, I will listen to the town but not necessarily do what they want me to. Of course, its true that scum could lead the town, and what he says is true, but it just seems like an easy out for his decisions later. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

I'm gonna think on this a bit and decide to go with my initial feelings or my paranoia.

Mishie
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
For me, it's down to either Aziraphale and Aekiel, and in all honesty, I'm finding Azira to be more trustworthy that Aekiel. As such, since I'm going to go to sleep soon:
Vote Player: Aziraphale.

Definitely Not Azira
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Just woke up and found this up and running!

I was thinking about voting for Aziraphale, but reading his last post made me a little doubtful. Maybe because I automatically over read all of the posts, but what he said just seems like something I would say if I was scum. The whole, I will listen to the town but not necessarily do what they want me to. Of course, its true that scum could lead the town, and what he says is true, but it just seems like an easy out for his decisions later. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

I'm gonna think on this a bit and decide to go with my initial feelings or my paranoia.

If I was scum I really wouldn't say what I did. Why ever put the doubt in towns mind that I would renege on popular opinion in the first place, and not just do it in the spur of the moment and blame some inane bullshit for it?

Scum like to act like they'll do whatever town says is what they'll do, but at the last moment they go back on that and fuck you over. It doesn't make much sense for me to say that in my first post if I am indeed scum.

Of course, I would also be making this post to say that so...

Once you go into the "double cross" "triple cross" scenarios you can always say BUT HE KNEW I WOULD SAY THAT and it never ends, so you need to make a decision.

---------- Post automerged at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

And why would you want to vote for me after my first post but not my second one? I said literally nothing in my first one, apart from Vote for me. Seems weird.

Seratin
02-11-2012, 10:54 AM
My original reason for voting Taure was because, in fairness, he couldn't be scum again could he? Then again, RNG has fucked me over so many times in the last 24 hours I don't trust the hax gods anymore.

I'm changing my vote to Aekiel because I legit don't trust Azira and Aekiel seems to be a good candidate.

Vote mayor: Aekiel.

Definitely Not Azira
02-11-2012, 10:56 AM
My original reason for voting Taure was because, in fairness, he couldn't be scum again could he? Then again, RNG has fucked me over so many times in the last 24 hours I don't trust the hax gods anymore.

I'm changing my vote to Aekiel because I legit don't trust Azira and Aekiel seems to be a good candidate.

I think you have no idea how probability works, but okay.

Jangel
02-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Azira seems a decent bet. Good enough to be helpful, transparent enough to not be overly harmful if scum.

Vote mayor: Aziraphale

Vesvius
02-11-2012, 11:06 AM
I think we're all overlooking the obvious choice. I mean, I'm both Batman and Minsc. That has to count for something, right?

Vote Mayor: Vesvius

Snowflake
02-11-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm not really sure about the candidates, but if it's between Aekiel and Aziraphale I'd rather vote for Aekiel. Sorry Aziraphale, but you always come off as scum to me for some reason. :/

I can't really metagame as well as someone who has played a lot of games, so I don't think I'm going to put in a mayor vote until tomorrow. I would pretty much only trust myself to be mayor at this point, but that obviously won't happen. I'm going to wait for more posts.

LochNess
02-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I think originally I wanted you because even though last game we were scum, you were on my team so I automatically have this thing where when I see you, I think, he's on my side. Which is obviously not a good thing to go by, I guess I need to really sort out my metagaming.

Anyway, you're right that if I keep overthinking things and going back and forht it won't get me anywhere so for now I will give you the benfit of the doubt:

Kalas
02-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Hmmm. Choices, choices.. Aekiel/Azira the Mayor will get an unusual amount of scrutiny do you feel like the Mayor's abilities synergize with you own AND are you confident enough to play your role and Mayor separately so as to not give clues to The Vesvius?

Ash
02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Azira always seems like scum to me. Something about him just always screams EVIL. And to be fair, he IS scum quite often.

Aekiel is fairly readable, and not terribly tricky. Also, he isn't Azira ;P

So, I'll switch my vote to one of the two main candidates (the only candidate of the two that I like)

rescind vote
Mayor vote: Aekiel

Uncle Stojil
02-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm suspicious of both the two main candidates. I didn't like their "campaign" at all, not even Aekiel's, which had looked normal on the first skim-through. I found it scummy while rereading it, instead. It's only been the usual "odd vibe from their posts" for now, but if I don't trust that, what else do I have at the beginning of the game? I don't like to metagame, which is hilarious since this is Metamafia after all.

Voting Taure would be slightly better, but mostly because he has tried less (or less hard). I'm not going to do it for now, though.

Aekiel
02-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm suspicious of both the two main candidates. I didn't like their "campaign" at all, not even Aekiel's, which had looked normal on the first skim-through. I found it scummy while rereading it, instead. It's only been the usual "odd vibe from their posts" for now, but if I don't trust that, what else do I have at the beginning of the game? I don't like to metagame, which is hilarious since this is Metamafia after all.

Voting Taure would be slightly better, but mostly because he has tried less (or less hard). I'm not going to do it for now, though.

Maybe it's because I've never actively campaigned for Mayorship before? The last (and only, iirc) time I threw my hat in the ring was because I was so fed up with everyone else arguing. Could be that my acting differently to normal has thrown off your scumdar. Also, remember your ranting in your qt over my possible guilt in the first Dresdenmafia. :p

Hmmm. Choices, choices.. Aekiel/Azira the Mayor will get an unusual amount of scrutiny do you feel like the Mayor's abilities synergize with you own AND are you confident enough to play your role and Mayor separately so as to not give clues to The Vesvius?

I do believe my role synergises well with the Mayor position, but I obviously can't roleclaim at this stage to prove it. For now I'll simply say that I think I could do well as the Mayor, and that my role would only help to boost that.

Taure
02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
So it looks like the Mayor Taure bandwagon has died an early death.

Since that is the case, I shall recast my vote.

Rescind vote.

At this stage, I'm in tune with those saying "anyone but Azira". So...

Mayor vote: Aekiel.

Uncle Stojil
02-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Maybe it's because I've never actively campaigned for Mayorship before? The last (and only, iirc) time I threw my hat in the ring was because I was so fed up with everyone else arguing. Could be that my acting differently to normal has thrown off your scumdar. Also, remember your ranting in your qt over my possible guilt in the first Dresdenmafia. :p

Yeah... you always sounded scummy to me, in all the games I played, and this one isn't any different at the moment. But, my opinion on you and your role has been based on always different reasons (now too), so it's not like the problem is how you post in general. This: Could be that my acting differently to normal has thrown off your scumdar. doesn't apply.

Aekiel
02-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Fair enough. I can't disprove you without it being hilariously anti-town at this point, so all I can is that I'm a town role that would work well with being Mayor.

Definitely Not Azira
02-11-2012, 05:18 PM

I think that I am primely poised to take full advantage of being the Mayor.

I honestly think town will be making a big mistake in not voting me in as Mayor, which is why im pushing hard for it.

Can you think of a scum that would benefit so much from this that they would very actively campaign to get it? I really don't, which is why I wouldn't be unhappy with Aekiel as Mayor. I think he's town, but I think I am in a better position to serve as Mayor.

Jangel
02-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I think that I am primely poised to take full advantage of being the Mayor.

I honestly think town will be making a big mistake in not voting me in as Mayor, which is why im pushing hard for it.

This is a bit lol, for me, claiming superiority over everyone with no explanation.

As has been said, not much between them.

Fishy Justice
02-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Fourth Question: Who the fuck is Fishy Justice, and why haven't I heard of him before?

Lungs ninja'd you(and me), but if you're still confused I added it to my signature. If you haven't heard of me it's because I sneaked...and thieved.

I have taken Kens advice to heart and, despite it's infallible logic, I have decided I am an idiot. (and I want 24 hours to lynch someone)

Also he kinda started a conversation, or tried to.

Zircon
02-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Rescind Mayor Vote

Mayor Vote Aziraphale

I feel bad for Aekiel, but not so bad as to vote for him, and Jew solidarity. So I'll vote Azira.

Definitely Not Azira
02-11-2012, 06:00 PM
This is a bit lol, for me, claiming superiority over everyone with no explanation.

As has been said, not much between them.

I obviously can't exactly tell you why, but I honestly honestly believe it.

Lungs
02-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Notice: If the conversation's good and stuff, I can extend the lynch voting for up to 12 hours or so.

There is 48 hours in each day, but I'm willing to allow up to 60 for Day 1.

Zircon
02-11-2012, 06:37 PM
For the sake of having a fun game I'm opposed to that. It could be too good for town.

Aekiel
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
For the sake of having a fun game I'm opposed to that. It could be too good for town.

And in the list of scummiest posts so far, this one shoots straight to the top.

---------- Post automerged at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

That said, I'm against extending deadlines on principle, and as much as I'd love the town to have an extra advantage like that, it doesn't make it very fun for those playing scum. It also means I know when the day is going to end every day, which is good for me since I have a work-sleep schedule that changes every week.

Lungs
02-11-2012, 06:49 PM
We'll see what happens. I just don't like cutting off discussion immediately at a certain point, but I highly doubt there will be large posting traffic by the time it draws to the deadline.

/me shrugs.

Zircon
02-11-2012, 07:05 PM
And in the list of scummiest posts so far, this one shoots straight to the top.

You would think so, but like I said I'm worried about the quality of the game.

Definitely Not Azira
02-11-2012, 07:07 PM
So you say his post is scummy Aekiel, then proceed to make the exact same post just worded nicely and longer.

Ooookay.

Kensington
02-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Alright, he's probably scum who is going to eat my pancreas, but I'm going to throw Aekiel a bone.

Vote Mayor: Aekiel

I do like playing with him, despite the fact that he has a tendency to be 95% evil if he survives the first night.

Aekiel
02-11-2012, 07:23 PM
So you say his post is scummy Aekiel, then proceed to make the exact same post just worded nicely and longer.

Ooookay.

It wasn't so much what he said, because I agree with it, as the way he said it. He held himself apart from the town. Then again, it may just be that there's no way to say 'I don't want deadline extensions' without seeming scummy. It certainly seems that way when I try varying the words some.

Mishie
02-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Aekiel and Aziraphale, since the mayor vote is down to you two:

How would you use the Asylum ability?
Do you think that your role is valuable enough to deserve a second life?

Also, one of the main reasons as to why I voted for Aziraphale over Aekiel, is that Aekiel's main reasoning for him not being scum is that he's almost always town. In all honesty that doesn't mean anything and he's just as likely to be scum as say, Ashaya.

Zenzao
02-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't find Gambit's post scummy given what I've been told enough times in #mafia while trying to design the Lord of the Rings game- keep it fair enough for all sides. Expanding the day just to suit our purposes is perhaps only a slight inconvenience toward the scum, but still.

It could also benefit them, but only if they could get a scum as Mayor, and for the moment I don't have any pings off my scumdar from Aekial who is in the lead for the position right now so that's kind of a moot point.

LochNess
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
When reading Ollie's post, it sounds super scummy but I don't think any scum is going to make that big of a slip up day one. I think he is town and just wants to keep the game fair.

Like Jangel said, Aziraphale saying that the town would be making a big mistake not going for him just doesn't make sense. He doesn't know the other candidates roles and it isn't like there is only going to be one role that is good for the Mayor position. Ont hat note.

Rescend Mayor Vote

Aekiel
02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Aekiel and Aziraphale, since the mayor vote is down to you two:

How would you use the Asylum ability?
Do you think that your role is valuable enough to deserve a second life?

I'd use the Asylum ability in either of two ways, depending on the circumstances: First, to put those I think are scum (or whom I'm persuaded are scum through good argument) into the Asylum for everyone to vote on. Second, I'd put in those who we need more proof of innocence/guilt (because the Asylum acts as a roleblock). If somebody had claimed as the Aekiel (lol), for instance, but was still under suspicion of being scum, I would place them in the Asylum so that we can see whether the true Aekiel (LOL) would use his ability or not.

Also, one of the main reasons as to why I voted for Aziraphale over Aekiel, is that Aekiel's main reasoning for him not being scum is that he's almost always town. In all honesty that doesn't mean anything and he's just as likely to be scum as say, Ashaya.

Actually, I haven't said that in a good few games. I know the laws of probability as well as anyone else. Just because I've been town/scum before doesn't mean I'm town/scum this time.

SmileOfTheKill
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Mayor vote: Aekiel

Meh, everyone is scum to me but it might as well be Aekiel as Mayor. I think Aekiel is smarter than Azi and my logic is this.

Vote for idiot,
If Town
Idiot Mayor,
If Scum,
Has teammates anyways.

Vote for someone smart,
If Town,
Smart Mayor.
If Scum,
Has teammates anyways.

Zenzao
02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
When reading Ollie's post, it sounds super scummy but I don't think any scum is going to make that big of a slip up day one. I think he is town and just wants to keep the game fair.

Sacrifice, Dresden 2 >_>

Just saying.

And with that, I'm off for the remainder of today.

Lungs
02-11-2012, 08:13 PM
[Mayor Vote]

Note: I am sorry I never clarified this, but this is a Plurality Vote rather than a Majority Vote (it makes far more sense, etc).

Azira - 4 || Azira, Jangel, Gambit, Mishie
Aekiel - 9 || Aekiel, Republic, Zenzao, Seratin, Ashaya, Taure, Fishy Justice, Kensington, SmileofTheKill
Vesvius - 1 || Vesvius

No Vote Yet - 7: Stojil, Snowflake, jwlk, Fenraellis, Kalas, LochNess

This is as of Post #75.

[Post Or I Will Replace Your Ass]

Fenraellis, jwlk, Republic.

D8

LochNess
02-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow just noticed I put Rescend not Rescind. But I can't edit that. So maybe that's why you didn't count it Lungs, but:
Rescind Mayor Vote

jwlk
02-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Hey I posted! I was just busy yesterday :l

Like I said, Aekiel and Azir are the only two candidates :P When town, Ollie plays oddly. And Ashaya threw herself of the market pretty quickly... I don't remember her EVER doing that before, even when it was sure she wasn't going to win.

Doesn't matter who I vote at this point, but I am now wary of Aekiel because Ashaya voted for him >_>

Mishie
02-11-2012, 08:46 PM
If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one that think that it's a bit odd that Ashaya swapped her vote to Aekiel so quickly.

Republic
02-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Lungs, wtf? I posted, and voted. I just didn't have any further comments to make, as of yet.

Seratin
02-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah but you're a cunt though...

Republic
02-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Here, have a Haiku:

This mafia game
is going to be the most
confusing one yet

It is we who must
root out all of the scum who
will try to kill us

For now, however
since a mayor we seem to
need desperately

vote for Aekiel
in lack of any reason
to not vote for him

so that we may well
focus on things more timely
such as a lynch vote

/I feel bad, because that was bad

Jangel
02-11-2012, 09:30 PM
No poetry.

Just no.

Lungs
02-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Lynch all Roleplayers and Poets so I don't have to modkill them. I just cried tears of blood while reading that.

Meanwhile, don't listen to the Game Host talk :3

Ash
02-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Like I said, Aekiel and Azir are the only two candidates :P When town, Ollie plays oddly. And Ashaya threw herself of the market pretty quickly... I don't remember her EVER doing that before, even when it was sure she wasn't going to win.

Doesn't matter who I vote at this point, but I am now wary of Aekiel because Ashaya voted for him >_>

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one that think that it's a bit odd that Ashaya swapped her vote to Aekiel so quickly.

I explained myself in my post. I do NOT want Azira to win. In order to hopefully assure that, I switched from my Taure vote to Aekiel, who had more votes.

Also, I don't want to be mayor...well, I would be, but I don't want to campaign for it. I'm not in a mafia mood, really, so I'm just taking it easy, enjoying the game. I'll leave it to other people to fight over mayor.

Here, have a Haiku:

/I feel bad, because that was bad

No. Haiku Week isn't until April.

Mishie
02-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Ashaya, why exactly do you not want to have Aziraphale as mayor? Because you've never actually given a good reason for it so far. If anything, you and Aekiel are the ones that are acting strangely.

Snowflake
02-11-2012, 11:13 PM
My thoughts haven't really changed since yesterday.

Hopefully he's town.

Ash
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM

At this stage, I'm in tune with those saying "anyone but Azira". So...

Mayor vote: Aekiel.

Azira always seems like scum to me. Something about him just always screams EVIL. And to be fair, he IS scum quite often.

Aekiel is fairly readable, and not terribly tricky. Also, he isn't Azira ;P

So, I'll switch my vote to one of the two main candidates (the only candidate of the two that I like)

For me, it's down to either Aziraphale and Aekiel, and in all honesty, I'm finding Azira to be more trustworthy that Aekiel. As such, since I'm going to go to sleep soon:
Vote Player: Aziraphale.

Basically, we all said that we just personally liked/trusted/preferred one candidate over another. I've only said that I just don't like the idea of Azira as mayor, I can never seem to trust him. I didn't want him as mayor, so I voted for the other major candidate, switching my vote from Taure, who didn't look likely to win.

You voted for Azira simply saying that he is more trustworthy to you.

Ashaya, why exactly do you not want to have Aziraphale as mayor? Because you've never actually given a good reason for it so far. If anything, you and Aekiel are the ones that are acting strangely.

So, uhhhh, what? I voted, explained why I voted, and you suddenly come out of nowhere, defending Azira. And then you question me, randomly, when there are other people who voted the same way (7).

I hope that clears things up. I dunno if you doing that was necessarily a scumtell, I don't think you would be that obvious in that case, but we'll see.

Definitely Not Azira
02-12-2012, 01:17 AM

Like Jangel said, Aziraphale saying that the town would be making a big mistake not going for him just doesn't make sense. He doesn't know the other candidates roles and it isn't like there is only going to be one role that is good for the Mayor position. Ont hat note.

Rescend Mayor Vote

Actually, I can know if my role is the best suited to being Mayor and I assure you I am best poised to take advantage of the Mayor powers to help town significantly.

Aekiel, I urge you to get your bandwagon to switch to me, if you yourself believe what I have to say, it's not that I don't think you won't make a good mayor (yay double negative) it's just I think it would be a shame for town if I don't get chosen.

As for Mishies questions I'll get to them in the evening when I am comfortable on a computer.

Seratin
02-12-2012, 01:23 AM
I think it would be a shame for town if I don't get chosen.

In the case that you're bluffing out of your ass... you have balls of steel.

In the case that you're actually town... you make me not want to vote for you regardless.

I'm sticking with Aekiel. At least he doesn't make me loathe him.

Definitely Not Azira
02-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Smile days I'm an idiot, Seratin loathes me?

Really? Nice etiquette, always a pleasure to play mafia and get insulted for playing the game.

---------- Post automerged at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Says* /10char

Seratin
02-12-2012, 01:36 AM
If you can't take abuse, don't run for office. ;)

Definitely Not Azira
02-12-2012, 01:39 AM
If you can't not be an asshole, fuck off.

Also Smile, hilarious that you call me an idiot after your amazing running of Dresden 2.

Yeah, I can do it too. :rolleyes:

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Aekiel, I urge you to get your bandwagon to switch to me, if you yourself believe what I have to say, it's not that I don't think you won't make a good mayor (yay double negative) it's just I think it would be a shame for town if I don't get chosen.

I think I'm going to pass.

Lungs
02-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Guys, civil tone in here, please.

SmileOfTheKill
02-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Also Smile, hilarious that you call me an idiot after your amazing running of Dresden 2.

Yeah, I can do it too. :rolleyes:

Hey man, I already got insulted for that one.

I wasn't impressed at your campaign for Mayor and called ya dumb. Nothing more than that.

Mishie
02-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Due to recent posts by Aziraphale:
Rescind Mayor Vote: Aziraphale
Not going to vote for Aekiel yet, partially because I don't trust him either, and also because somebody else may come forward for mayor.

Uncle Stojil
02-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Mayor Vote: Taure

Three reasons for it:

1) Aziraphale and Aekiel's campaign left me thinking they're scum.
2) Other players seem to be seriously considering hopping off their bandwagons.
3) I think Taure is town, based on the poor and somewhat explainable backing he received (Ashaya the girlfriend and Seratin the RNG-motivated) and on Post #54 (https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=538705&postcount=54).

This said, I would like for him to speak more (two posts with little to no actual content are bad) if only to get a better read on him. If he still wishes to try and become Mayor then he needs to, because I seriously doubt enough (if any) people will shift their votes to him otherwise.

Vesvius
02-12-2012, 10:24 AM
........... No one wants to vote for fun.

Rescind Mayor Vote

I'll decide which one of you not fun people deserves my crucial endorsement in a bit. Probably Aekiel. At least he has the balls to answer my tough questions.

Fenraellis
02-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Sorry about that, Lungs(and the other guys and gals in the game). I was up from about 9am on Friday until 10 am on Saturday, then I slept until about 1am on Sunday~.(and have been doing other stuff besides, since).

Anyway, between Aekiel and Aziraphale... Aziraphale is certainly intelligent enough, but he always seems to attract the wrong kind of attention. That, and he tends to be a bit inflammatory in his reactions, so even if he is innocent, I can see him getting targeted early. That is his particular method of campaigning for himself is just outrageous enough that it turns me off from him a bit.

Aekiel... I have less personal experience with, so I can't say that I really support him, but I 'don't support him' less than I do Aziraphale. So, since it's going to be one of the two of them:

Kalas
02-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Reading through everything up until now, I'm not getting a scum vibe off either Aekiel/Azira or their vocal supporters. It could be scum doens't have anyone personable enough to pull of a mayoral win, or they could want to try something new.

That said I've had more experience playing with Aekiel then Azira so..

Mayoral Vote: Aekiel

Lungs
02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
[Mayor Vote]

Note: I am sorry I never clarified this, but this is a Plurality Vote rather than a Majority Vote (it makes far more sense, etc).

Azira - 3 || Azira, Jangel, Gambit
Aekiel - 12 || Aekiel, Republic, Zenzao, Seratin, Ashaya, Taure, Fishy Justice, Kensington, SmileofTheKill, Snowflake, Kalas, Fenraellis
Vesvius - 1 || Vesvius
Taure - 1 || Stojil

No Vote Yet - 3: jwlk, LochNess, Mishie

As of now, Aekiel will get the Mayorship at the end of Day 1. Remember, you may lynch today!

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Okay, so it looks like I'm a pretty sure win at this point, so now we need to get onto the idea of lynching. By my clock we've got just over 6 hours left, unless first day gets an extension after the Mayor vote's done, so this will necessarily have to be a quick one.

So who do we lynch? Aziraphale basically imploded, but several people have said that he reads like town (if desperate town), and I think I'd agree with them. Mishie looked kind of off in his support of Aziraphale, but then again we're working on first day impressions here, so it may be that he basically picked him out at random. Ashaya looked a bit scummy with her somewhat baseless support of me, but her explanation is sound enough to make me think she thought about it in that way. Lastly, Gambit set me off with his deadline post, but as I said earlier, there's no good way to say that.

So really, I don't have much of an idea on who to lynch. Nobody else is standing out as particularly scummy, and it has to be remembered that there are no role reveals from lynching, as opposed to Asylum Killing.

LochNess
02-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah guys, just looking if it's a 48 hour day, don't we only have like 7 hours to make a lynch?

Unless you guys want a no lynch.. but for now I'll start the lynch voting:

Vote Player: Vesvius

He is posting and his post count isn't low but the posts he makes are not helping this game

Seratin
02-12-2012, 03:07 PM
There's no real reasons to support one lynch over another at this point in the game. That said, I'm suspicious of Mishie. I played with him in DE2: The clusterfuck and I think I've got a fairly good read on how he acts when he's scum. Though to be fair, he could probably say the same of me.

jwlk
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
We definitely need an extension... I was under the impression the mayor debate needs to be settled first. Besides, we have extra stuff to do day 1, D1 should always be longer then the subsequent days

Kensington
02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Has any scum successfully use trolling as a strategy to make people think he's too crazy to be scum?

I'm looking at Republic21's poetry of crap, and my first thought is lynch the troller. But, then I think if he was scum, he wouldn't want to provoke the people into lynching him. But then, I ponder if he is playing the jester, making himself such an obvious target that people won't target him.

In short, I'm highly considering lynching Republic21.

Definitely Not Azira
02-12-2012, 03:10 PM
To be fair from my experience with Republic he posts like a retard when he's scum (from Awesomefia), making alot of unnecessary posts. A point to consider.

Lungs
02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Remember, Day Ends in 6 hours and around 45 minutes.

If there is no lynch, town will have to rely on the Klackerz Lynch.

the Klackerz

If the lynch vote is deadlocked or no-lynch, you may determine the lynch target.

the Vira

Outrage: Once during the game, you can direct the Klackerz kill to someone else.

Republic
02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Defending my shitty Haiku is not something I'll do (because it's bad, I would if it were good).

Azira, did you bother to check the other games I've played? To double-check if I always post like that, or just when I'm scum?
Also, fuck you.

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Edit: You do not want me to get lynched. You think you do, but you really don't.

Zenzao
02-12-2012, 03:34 PM
First Azira and now Republic say that.

Azira played himself up during D1 and, IIRC, turned out to be an important role in the Merlin, but I haven't really kept up with what other roles he has turned out to be or played enough to get a read on if he is always like this or just trying to cash in on former potential to keep us from suspecting him as scum.

He said after that game that he dropped some pretty heavy hints all throughout, so for the moment I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Republic on the other hand, I have no read on at all. And with less than seven hours of time left, no matter what, this lynch is likely to be harried and a matter of guesses. On a side note, twice now LochNess has buggered up her posting process regarding a vote. It's Lynch Vote:, not Vote Player:, so keep that in mind guys.

Kalas
02-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Honestly, with such a Town-friendly mechanic as the Asylum I'm conifedent in saying we shouldn't lynch for the sake of a lynch.

That said, Vesvius. You are way to flippant, especially compared to past games Day 1. I know you said you were trying something new but there is a limit.

Ash
02-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Ashaya looked a bit scummy with her somewhat baseless support of me, but her explanation is sound enough to make me think she thought about it in that way.

So really, I don't have much of an idea on who to lynch. Nobody else is standing out as particularly scummy, and it has to be remembered that there are no role reveals from lynching, as opposed to Asylum Killing.

Just sayin', 11 other people did the EXACT same thing, and I don't see anyone bringing that up.

Anyway, I do think that perhaps a no lynch isn't a bad idea in this game. We DO have the asylum, after all. However, if someone can suggest a viable lynch target that I agree with, I will vote.

Honestly, I'm trying to think of people who I am suspicious of enough off the top of my head, and I'm not coming up with anyone. Well, mishie, but I doubt he'd be THAT obvious.

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Just sayin', 11 other people did the EXACT same thing, and I don't see anyone bringing that up.

It's probably just because Mishie/Aziraphale brought it up earlier that it stuck in my mind, and as I said, your reasoning seemed sound to me. If I had to put the people I listed in a scum list, Mishie would probably be top, followed by Aziraphale, then Gambit, then Ashaya. Maybe with the last two being interchangeable.

So really, less a scum list and more a 'to be watched' list.

Uncle Stojil
02-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Honestly, with such a Town-friendly mechanic as the Asylum I'm conifedent in saying we shouldn't lynch for the sake of a lynch.

Unless you think the Klackers will not act in case of a no lynch, then the point is moot or close to moot, anyway. Yes, there will be (almost) no chance for him/her to be influenced by scum (unlike a bandwagon lynch), but his/her kill will be 90% a "lynch for the sake of a lynch" as well.

Either way, discussion is needed.

Speaking of which, Kalas, can you tell me your reasoning for voting for Aekiel?

jwlk
02-12-2012, 04:13 PM
It's probably just because Mishie/Aziraphale brought it up earlier that it stuck in my mind,

No one remembers me. Or my ideas. :l
But yes, I believe a town decision on the lynch would be better then klackerz killing a random person. We'll have more to.go off of later on, I think its better for town in general, and someone will die tonight anyway :/

Kalas
02-12-2012, 04:16 PM
There isn't much to it. Despite being a plurality vote I did want to get my vote in. Between the two I feel Aekiel has the more experience and ability to use the mayoral powers effeciently. Additionally I had four days of a personal QT in D2 so, like Vesvius in Awesomfia, I feel like I have something of a (town) read on him.

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
No one remembers me. Or my ideas. :l
But yes, I believe a town decision on the lynch would be better then klackerz killing a random person. We'll have more to.go off of later on, I think its better for town in general, and someone will die tonight anyway :/

Sorry jwlk, my mistake.

Uncle Stojil
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
There isn't much to it. Despite being a plurality vote I did want to get my vote in. Between the two I feel Aekiel has the more experience and ability to use the mayoral powers effeciently. Additionally I had four days of a personal QT in D2 so, like Vesvius in Awesomfia, I feel like I have something of a (town) read on him.

I'm uncertain whether to lynch-vote you or not. It will be probably pointless seeing as day will be over in 3 hours. Might as well explain why, though, also because it could (hopefully) sway others away from Aekiel's Mayor bandwagon.

The problem is there are zero candidates who, when scum, don't play a very persuasive elegant game. The only exceptions so far are Azira, who's play I find inconsistent and Gambit.. lol.

There are two things we want to be considering on this vote the Asylum power and the extra life.

The Asylum is the main focus of course, a game long roleblock if I understand it right. We can vote to free them of course but it goes without saying one key commitment could shift this game one way or the other. A commitment that will most likely be based on intuition.

The second part is that extra life. There are some very good players in this game who, if patterns hold, will either die in the first couple days or last right till endgame. We need to give serious consideration to who wants that extra life and who needs it.

I've got a good idea of where my vote will be headed but I'm waiting on some more postage to get a general feel for people.

Reading through everything up until now, I'm not getting a scum vibe off either Aekiel/Azira or their vocal supporters. It could be scum doens't have anyone personable enough to pull of a mayoral win, or they could want to try something new.

That said I've had more experience playing with Aekiel then Azira so..

Mayoral Vote: Aekiel

These are your posts about the Mayor election. The first one was great, very town... if only you had backed it up.

Instead, in the next posts, you pretty much disregarded all you had said and chose your Mayor for almost unrelated reasons. You partially recovered with the very first quote of this post (which is your last answer to my direct question), but I still find it lacking.

The thing that baffles me most is how you mentioned (and rightly so) the extra life of the Mayor as a factor to think about in the election and then voted for Aekiel... but you never used the former as a reason for the latter!

With Aekiel's history, mentioned in this thread as well, it just seems sooooo scummy. It makes me think you're not worried about scum ganking him on night 1. And why would that be so, if not because you are a member of the night killing faction of this game?

The same sort of applies to Aekiel too. He barely mentioned this in his Mayor campaign, while I think it could have been one of his best selling points.

So:

Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

Because it can't really hurt. I doubt enough people will vote for you, since, admittedly, it's not like my reasoning is the most solid of all time. But it's not bad for a Day 1 and not stupid as far as I can see, and it's the best I have (and can post).

But, anyway, the most important thing I want to accomplish with this post is about the Mayor election. I fear Aekiel is scum and I feel terribly uneasy in giving him more power. So, even though it hurts me to do this because I'm VERY wary of Azira as well:

Rescind Mayor Vote

If there was another viable candidate, I would pick him/her, but at the moment, after Aekiel who I believe is scum and Aziraphale who I suspect is as well, there doesn't seem to be any (damn your disappearance, Taure).

jwlk
02-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Well, there are three hours left, and I doubt anything else will come up, I doubt it will amount to anything, but

I found Stojil's reasoning more compelling then "Bad poetry"

Seratin
02-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Since the deadline is in a small while I'm going to have to go with my original feeling and vote for Mishie. I just get a bad vibe off you, sorry. :/

Deadline Lynch Vote: Mishie

Kensington
02-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Hrmm, with only about 4 hours left in the phase, I'm not quite sure who to vote for. I have no valid speculation as to what faction Aziraphale is. Having played quite often with him, I'm used to low post counts and sparse attendance. If I recall correctly he played the same way as both town and scum, so I just don't think he's active enough to justify voting him as mayor.

Republic21's denial is a tad too strong in my opinion. For now...

Deadline Lynch Vote: Republic21

Zenzao
02-12-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm not going to be on here much more than the next hour and a half, so unless another viable candidate appears in that time frame, than I'm afraid this is my final vote for Day 1;

Deadline Lynch Vote: Republic21

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 06:39 PM
The same sort of applies to Aekiel too. He barely mentioned this in his Mayor campaign, while I think it could have been one of his best selling points.

I didn't mention it because, after all the games I've played, it's just not true any more. It's a reputation I have that carried on from werewolf on IRC, since nobody takes that game seriously. Hell, I've even lived to the end of games before, so it's not as if I always die. I just play it off as the joke it is.

Besides, everyone takes the extra life into consideration when deciding if they want to give the Mayor role to someone, or at least they should. It would be a really bad thing if scum were to get the position, so I've put myself up there to try and prevent that. Even if I do a bad job as Mayor, I'd at least have prevented the scum from profiting from it.

Lungs
02-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Starting from Day 2 onward, the First Night Phase 1 will last no more than 4 hours. People who have Night Phase 1 actions will submit them either beforehand or as soon as the Day ends.

Thanks <3

jwlk
02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Night 1 will be 4 hours? And every night from now on will be 4 hours? Why did you change that :o

Definitely Not Azira
02-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't feel comfortable voting for anyone at this point and don't mind letting the Klackerz do it.

I urge you to reconsider voting for me as Mayor, one last time. Reread the thread, particularly Ashaya, Seratin and Aekiels posts and ask yourself if you see something weird there.

Good night.

Aekiel
Two phases to the night, dude.

jwlk
Also, Lungs, exactly how much time until the deadline? If the only lynch we can get is Republic, I don't want to hold it up. I'd be willing to change to him.

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
No offence Aziraphale, but that post and your sig just make me LOL.

Ash
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
No, there are two night phases. Phase 1: 4 hours. Phase 2: he hasn't mentioned how long that lasts. Then we have Day 2, then we have our two night phases again.

jwlk
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Derp. I read that as Night 1. Nvm

Definitely Not Azira
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Extremely relevant and glad you are padding your post count like the other people I mentioned in my last post have repeatedly done in this thread.

Lungs
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM
[Mayor Vote]

Azira - 4 || Azira, Jangel, Gambit, Stojil
Aekiel - 12 || Aekiel, Republic, Zenzao, Seratin, Ashaya, Taure, Fishy Justice, Kensington, SmileofTheKill, Snowflake, Kalas, Fenraellis
Vesvius - 1 || Vesvius

[Lynch Vote] - 11 votes to lynch (thanks jwlk)

Deadlines are separated from the normal votes.

Vesvius - 1 || LochNess
Kalas - 2 || || Stojil, jwlk
Mishie - 1 || || Seratin
Republic21 - 2 || || Zenzao, Kensington

As usual, if I've gotten anything wrong, please, please, please correct me (in thread, PM, IRC or QT, etc)

Night Phase 1 begins at 9:00 pm EST - in 3 hours and 11 minutes.

Night Phase 2 will last up to 24 hours, but it will be shortened if all the Kills and Checks and stuff are in, etc.

jwlk
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
I used the wrong voting format on my mayor vote didn't I? I'm pretty sure I voted, so I dnno if you missed it, or I used the wrong format, but at this point it doesn't matter.

Well, 11 votes needed for lynch, I believe. We're going to all go for one person. Or just leave it up to the Judge.

Uncle Stojil
02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
As usual, if I've gotten anything wrong, please, please, please correct me (in thread, PM, IRC or QT, etc)

Nothing really important, just a silly question, but...

Why the keyboard-mouthful SmileOfTheKill and... Stojil?

:sherlock:

Lungs
02-12-2012, 07:00 PM
BECAUSE A SMILE... IS NOTHING LiKE

THE SMILE OF THE KILL.

:3

But... I refuse to cry Uncle at any point. D8

Jangel
02-12-2012, 07:19 PM
No harm in the Klackerz deciding this early, really, so no problem with no consensus. Satisfied with the mayoral vote, as well. No strong feelings towards either, and not much difference between them, for me.

Am a bit curious/suspicious as to Azira's claims to being especially suited to the mayoral position.

Mishie
02-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Well, if we're now putting forward people we think are suspicious enough for a lynch, then I'm thinking that Jangel is looking a bit odd right now, right now, onyl 3 people have fewer posts than him, and that's if you ignore the fact that his 3rd posts was fluff, and the 2nd is to mock the person he was voting for in his 1st post. Plus, I've played scum with Jangel before, and seen him play scum and that's what he does, he posts the bare minimum to give out as little information as possible and instead lets other players take the spotlight.

Also, since it looks like Aekiel is going to be our mayor, and he did say say that he was going to listen to us, I would like to recommend that he put Ashaya into the Asylum night 1. I've said why I think she's scum, also, I know I'm not the only one that thinks that Aekiel and Ashaya are in a scum team together and this would do a great job of proving that you can be trusted as Mayor Aekiel.

Mishie
02-12-2012, 07:26 PM
And whilst I was writing my post, Jangel makes another interesting post, where instead of having a day one lynch where it's made obvious who wants who dead, he instead wants everybody to stay quiet and rely on the klackerz getting lucky. As such:

Deadline Lynch Vote: Jangel

Fishy Justice
02-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I do believe there are certain benefits to a single person's intuition over the majority. If you want examples, go look at any of the 'judge' roles in previous games.

There is just something inherently good about a single person making the call.
I stick by this and support a klackerz decision. But discussion is good regardless, and klackerz is gonna need ammo.

So, more or less wobbly and baseless suspicions being on: Kalas, Mishie, and Ash. Not in that order. I can't in good confidence build a case for any of them so I'm not going to.

Mishie's made a good point about Jangel, though. Yeah, just go with Jangel.

Uncle Stojil
02-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Also, since it looks like Aekiel is going to be our mayor, and he did say say that he was going to listen to us, I would like to recommend that he put Ashaya into the Asylum night 1. I've said why I think she's scum, also, I know I'm not the only one that thinks that Aekiel and Ashaya are in a scum team together and this would do a great job of proving that you can be trusted as Mayor Aekiel.

Mishie, a thumb-up wouldn't even begin to show my love for this post.

Aekiel, please take this in consideration. Know that it would (probably) clear you in my eyes and I don't think it would be just me.

I don't feel comfortable voting for anyone at this point and don't mind letting the Klackerz do it.

I urge you to reconsider voting for me as Mayor, one last time. Reread the thread, particularly Ashaya, Seratin and Aekiels posts and ask yourself if you see something weird there.

Good night.

:facepalm

Oh, for fuck's sake.

This was a bad move on so many levels it's not even funny. It's too anti-town to even be described. Do you know what you accomplished with that shitty hinting post of yours, aside from "warning" who you accused?

You lost my vote.

Rescind Mayor Vote

Now I don't know who is more scummy, you or Aekiel. At least, he has a chance to clear himself in my eyes.

And whilst I was writing my post, Jangel makes another interesting post, where instead of having a day one lynch where it's made obvious who wants who dead, he instead wants everybody to stay quiet and rely on the klackerz getting lucky. As such:

To be honest, he said he had no problem with the no consensus (because of the Klackerz), not that he doesn't want discussion.

Zircon
02-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I also find Jangel's post a little funny, but not enough to lynch him. In fact I'm a little curious as to why mishie would vote for a guy who (claims to) put faith in a (supposedly) fellow townie.

Looking at it again maybe it is a little scummy to say "let's not vote for people where I might get pegged as scum for voting for innocent people". I'm still waiting to Lynch vote though.

Kalas
02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm uncertain whether to lynch-vote you or not. It will be probably pointless seeing as day will be over in 3 hours. Might as well explain why, though, also because it could (hopefully) sway others away from Aekiel's Mayor bandwagon.

This is a bit of an odd way to start a post Stojil. Voicing concerns about me would be a legitimate tl;dr.. but its not about me. This is all about Aekiel and how he shouldn't be Mayor. Reasons for which..

These are your posts about the Mayor election. The first one was great, very town... if only you had backed it up.

You have given nothing to back up, outside of your multiple assertions that he is, in fact, scum.

Instead, in the next posts, you pretty much disregarded all you had said and chose your Mayor for almost unrelated reasons. You partially recovered with the very first quote of this post (which is your last answer to my direct question), but I still find it lacking.

The first two posts you quoted were both intended to provoke discussion in the thread for the two candidates. The candidates answered and the thread developed. If you consider me not posting a Day 1 tl;dr on everything I gleaned from their posts a mistake then I apologize. If your slamming me for insufficient reasoning there are FAR better posters you could be looking at.

The thing that baffles me most is how you mentioned (and rightly so) the extra life of the Mayor as a factor to think about in the election and then voted for Aekiel... but you never used the former as a reason for the latter!

With Aekiel's history, mentioned in this thread as well, it just seems sooooo scummy. It makes me think you're not worried about scum ganking him on night 1. And why would that be so, if not because you are a member of the night killing faction of this game?

Again I mentioned it as a discussion starter, and something for town to think on as well. As for why it didn't factor into my post.. well it didn't factor into my reasoning. I'm not voting for someone who I think could potentially be scum so what possible purpose could bringing up the extra life hold?

And once again we're back to the REAL purpose of this post.

PS Sending people to the asylum is a major selling point of mayor is well, you generally don't see mayoral candidates advertising 'If I am elected Mayor I will have the Powers of the Mayor.'

So:

Because it can't really hurt. I doubt enough people will vote for you, since, admittedly, it's not like my reasoning is the most solid of all time. But it's not bad for a Day 1 and not stupid as far as I can see, and it's the best I have (and can post).

You'll notice by the lack of bandwagon that you are really grasping at straws at this point. But then again you pointed that out yourself.

But, anyway, the most important thing I want to accomplish with this post is about the Mayor election. I fear Aekiel is scum and I feel terribly uneasy in giving him more power.

And now its completely out in the open. This post was never about me. This was a poor attempt at drawing connections where there were none.

So, even though it hurts me to do this because I'm VERY wary of Azira as well:

Rescind Mayor Vote

If there was another viable candidate, I would pick him/her, but at the moment, after Aekiel who I believe is scum and Aziraphale who I suspect is as well, there doesn't seem to be any (damn your disappearance, Taure).

And THIS is where your reasoning falls apart all together. You may have seen it mentioned that this is a pluarality vote not a majority. In the current situation Aekiel will have to lose supporters for your candidate to be elected.

So, if you thought this had any chances of flying at all, WHY would you attempt to elect someone you think could be scum as opposed to Taure, your original candidate. A six vote shift could have been very possible IF YOUR POST HAD ANY SUSBSTANCE. As is this is just a poor attempt at discrediting Aekiel via moi. If you want to raise suspicions about a player try and give some solid reasoning next time. And leave the imaginary connections out of it.

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

As for the Jangel bit, take a look at his.. 4 total posts.

1) Mayoral vote for Azira with minimal (and no original) reasoning.

2) Criticism/comment thing about who Azira posted.

3) Zero substance post.

4) Satisfied with the lack of lynch. Satisfied with the opposing Mayor having the majority of votes because 'there is no real difference between them'. Then casually reminding us of Azira's hinting at a power role.

He's trying to fly under the radar, post without saying anything, and I don't like it.

Uncle Stojil
02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Lol, a couple of things Kalas.

I thought I had made it clear from the start that my post was mostly about Aekiel being elected as Mayor.

That was and is my biggest concern. A scum Mayor is a TERRIBLE way to start the game. The difference between Aekiel and Azira at the time was that I felt pretty sure Aekiel was scum, while I only suspected Azira. The reason why I didn't shift my vote to Taure, instead, was that I had already tried that and it had utterly failed for various reasons, the main one being Taure disappearing. The only candidate was Azira (not anymore because now he's equally scummy in my eyes).

Wasn't all this clear from my post? I'm actually only repeating stuff I had already written.

The same thing goes for my accusation against you. I had already pointed out in that post of mine that it wasn't like I had proof or anything, but that it was the best clue I had and could post.

This doesn't mean I don't believe what I said about you. But I have no problem in admitting that I chose to accuse you specifically because that could have potentially given me the means to stop Aekiel from being elected.

Zenzao
02-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Hum. I think Kalas has done a fairly good job here.

Rescind vote.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Jangel.

Kalas
02-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Lol, a couple of things Kalas.

I thought I had made it clear from the start that my post was mostly about Aekiel being elected as Mayor.

That was and is my biggest concern. A scum Mayor is a TERRIBLE way to start the game. The difference between Aekiel and Azira at the time was that I felt pretty sure Aekiel was scum, while I only suspected Azira. The reason why I didn't shift my vote to Taure, instead, was that I had already tried that and it had utterly failed for various reasons, the main one being Taure disappearing. The only candidate was Azira (not anymore because now he's equally scummy in my eyes).

Wasn't all this clear from my post? I'm actually only repeating stuff I had already written.

The same thing goes for my accusation against you. I had already pointed out in that post of mine that it wasn't like I had proof or anything, but that it was the best clue I had and could post.

This doesn't mean I don't believe what I said about you. But I have no problem in admitting that I chose to accuse you specifically because that could have potentially given me the means to stop Aekiel from being elected.

By the end of your post, yes, it was clear. I just felt it prudent to point it out given that that was the basis of your accusations against me.

Also, if you are going to make a gut-feeling based post like this try not to end it with saying your reasoning isn't the best. That just undermines everything the post could accomplish.

And, before I forget,

Lynch Vote: Jangel

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm not convinced that Ashaya is scum, but I'll definitely consider putting her in the Asylum. Let the Kensington check her, maybe?

Jangel
02-12-2012, 08:30 PM
And whilst I was writing my post, Jangel makes another interesting post, where instead of having a day one lynch where it's made obvious who wants who dead, he instead wants everybody to stay quiet and rely on the klackerz getting lucky.

I'm sorry, but what? Nowhere, and I repeat, nowhere did I claim that I wanted people to stay quiet. That's just absurd, lol.

My point was that since it's early in the game (and therefore little to go on), the town's collective opinion won't much different/more accurate that the Klackerz's opinion, and both are fairly random.

What's more, "rely on the klackerz getting lucky"? The klackerz is going through the same reasoning as everyone else, with access to the same info as everyone else, which is quite little. He won't be getting more or less lucky that anyone else, at this stage.

As for the Jangel bit, take a look at his.. 4 total posts.

1) Mayoral vote for Azira with minimal (and no original) reasoning.

2) Criticism/comment thing about who Azira posted.

3) Zero substance post.

4) Satisfied with the lack of lynch. Satisfied with the opposing Mayor having the majority of votes because 'there is no real difference between them'. Then casually reminding us of Azira's hinting at a power role.

He's trying to fly under the radar, post without saying anything, and I don't like it.

1) I made my reasoning quite plain. Both Azira and Aek put forward fairly reasonable, and quite similar arguments for mayorship. I didn't find much difference between them in finding them both mildly suspicious, but simultaneously being the only reasonable candidates at the time, and would be happy with either.

4) No, not satisfied by a lack of lynch. There will still be a lynch. Sure, there might not be a vote consensus, but I've already explained that klackerz's opinion won't differ much from the collective town's this early.

Seriously, people, keep your pants on.

Ash
02-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I am fine with the Kensington checking me. Also, mishie is just rampantly accusing everyone. Kind of annoying me, tbh.

I....kind of see what you guys mean about Jangel. However, there are plenty of people who have posted less/said less than he has, if we're basing the lynch on that.

We do have the Klackerz, so rather than vote for someone I don't feel terribly suspicious of, I will let him decide.

Kalas
02-12-2012, 08:41 PM
And what is the 'collective town's opinion' pray tell? We're sitting on 5 separate Lynch targets.

---------- Post automerged at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

You guys do mean the Zeit right? Or do you mean Ken's one shot ability?

Mishie
02-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Aekiel, you're forgetting that there is a scum role that checks innocent, The Vira, and for all we know, that's what Ashaya is. Also, as to why the plan of just leaving things up to the klackerz, that means that the scum can just hide and not have to worry about a vote. This means that when people check the votes of a day 1 lynch to compare them to other votes, there will be far less information than usual.

Aekiel
The Ken's ability, Kalas.

Jangel
And what is the 'collective town's opinion' pray tell? We're sitting on 5 separate Lynch targets.

Which is exactly my point. We don't have an obvious target because it's day one, we have nothing to go on, people are flailing about in the dark at vague suspicions.

town has no strong lynch target = town lynching fairly randomly
klackerz also has no strong lynch target = klackerz lynching fairly randomly

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
True, and I'll vote for my lynch candidate now, since it's end of the day and nobody looks to be lynched..

Deadline Lynch: Kalas

I don't like lynching lurkers when I've got other, more suspicious candidates to lynch, and something about your posts is just seeming scummy to me, Kalas.

Ash
02-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Aekiel, you're forgetting that there is a scum role that checks innocent, The Vira, and for all we know, that's what Ashaya is. Also, as to why the plan of just leaving things up to the klackerz, that means that the scum can just hide and not have to worry about a vote. This means that when people check the votes of a day 1 lynch to compare them to other votes, there will be far less information than usual.

Hmm, you're right mishie. The Jon also checks innocent, so I could be the Vira or the Jon. This is a risk that we have to take, I guess. :S Or I can just not be checked. I can be put into the asylum, but then I can't use my powers, which would suck. It's ultimately up to you guys, the Irene, or Aekiel. After all, I could be freed :S

Mishie
02-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Quick question, Aekiel, why do you want the Kensington to waste his oneshot ability this early in the game, when the Zeitgiest could instead check say, you and Ashaya and we could find out so much more?

Zircon
02-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Whoever does any checking, I hope to god they keep it to themselves until later in the game. If we have people rolerevealing now we'll be fucked.

SmileOfTheKill
02-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Like, this game is so different from my last one. I don't need to troll post to force a vote and this brings up the point that I distrust everyone so much that I have no clue who to vote for. What I am trying to say, I'm not lurking and am willing to vote. I just have no clue. Mind, if I pick anyone today it will most likely be Jangel.

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 09:12 PM
It was a suggestion that had to be made, and I wouldn't see it as a waste if it nets us one of the scum.

As for the Zeitgeist: I figure that he'd be better off gathering information and sticking to the shadows until later in the game, so that he's got a base to work off from. If he were to give away his role this early, it would be a massive loss to us. The Kensington, not so much, since the letter writing is fairly limited in what it can do compared to the Zeitgeist.

Uncle Stojil
02-12-2012, 09:21 PM
By the end of your post, yes, it was clear. I just felt it prudent to point it out given that that was the basis of your accusations against me.

Also, if you are going to make a gut-feeling based post like this try not to end it with saying your reasoning isn't the best. That just undermines everything the post could accomplish.

It wasn't a gut-feeling based post. It was a theory with a logic behind it. There simply was no proof of it, but asking for it in Day 1 of a Mafia game is simply unreasonable. You did a decent enough job defending yourself and I honestly care very little about it. What I'm saddened by is that no one rescinded the Mayor vote for Aekiel.

I'm not convinced that Ashaya is scum, but I'll definitely consider putting her in the Asylum. Let the Kensington check her, maybe?

The purpose of the suggestion was to let you prove to us you're not connected to her, so it wouldn't be nearly the same.

You fail, Aekiel, Demon Mayor.

True, and I'll vote for my lynch candidate now, since it's end of the day and nobody looks to be lynched..

Rofl. Still fail.

Mishie
02-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Aekiel, I never said that the Zeitgiest should roleclaim, only that it would be a good idea to check the two of you, especially since you are the mayor. Also, as Ollie pointed out, it doesn't matter who it is, role claiming is a bad idea in this game.

Jon
02-12-2012, 09:34 PM
You fail, Aekiel, Demon Mayor.

Excuse me?

There is only one.

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 09:38 PM
@Mishie: True enough, but your plan is for the Zeitgeist to check Ashaya and I. How else is he to come forward with this information, and be believed, without at least hinting to his role (which is a very bad idea, as I mentioned earlier, since he's one of our most powerful roles). With the Kensington, despite the risk of him being modkilled, we at least determine the role of person who may be scum.

As for Ashaya, I don't get the feeling you'd be content even if I did put her in the Asylum. You claim I'm scum with little evidence other than gut feeling. I'm more than a bit inclined to put you into the Asylum instead, then let the Kensington check you. The Zeitgeist is more than welcome to check Ashaya and I in the meanwhile, but I don't like the way you're trying to lead the town and the way you have defended Aziraphale when he's acted so damn strange.

Kalas
02-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Stojil clearly withdrew his support once it became apparent how weird Azira really was acting. Don't try and misrepresent the situation.

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 09:44 PM
When I was asking to be nominated for Mayor, I said I'd put those I thought were scum in the Asylum. I think Mishie is scum based on his unwavering support of Aziraphale and multiple posts that backed him up during his string of odd posts.

---------- Post automerged at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Kalas: That was at Mishie, not Stojil.

Lungs
02-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Day ends in 15. Please tone down the posting, in great anticipation.

Any posts after 9:00 pm EST will result in a modkill. Reallllll quick.

Mishie
02-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Aekiel, that also applies to me as well, once I read his scummier posts, I also withdrew my support from him. Also, it's good to know that you plan on ignoring our opinions on who to use your mayor power on Aekiel, especially when you consider how scummy you, Jangel and Ashaya have been acting.

---------- Post automerged at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Also:
Mayor Vote: Gambit
Because even he would be a better mayor right now.

Also, the Zeitgiest doesn't need to come forward with his info for it to help town, as even by knowing who to vote for and who not to vote for can really help us out.

Aekiel
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
You're making a mistake here. You think I've been scummy, admittedly with support from Stojil, but I think you're scummy too. So while I said I'd take advice into consideration, I did not say I'd follow it if I thought I had a better target for locking up. I think you and Aziraphale are scumbuddies, so my prerogative now is to decide whether I find you or Ashaya more suspicious. I choose you.

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Stojil and Ollie.*

Lungs
02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
It is now Night Phase 1.

[Mayor Vote]

Azira - 3 || Azira, Jangel, Gambit
Vesvius - 1 || Vesvius
Gambit - 1 || Mishie

[Lynch Vote] - 11 votes to lynch

Deadlines are separated from the normal votes.

Vesvius - 1 || LochNess
Kalas - 3 || || Stojil, jwlk, Aekiel
Mishie - 1 || || Seratin
Republic21 - 1 || || Kensington
Jangel - 4 || || Mishie, Fishy Justice, Kalas, Zenzao

Zircon
02-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Fill you up with my filler D8

Lungs
02-13-2012, 03:34 AM
It is now Night Phase 2.
It will last up to 24 hours.

Flava Flave was here.

Booooong! Boooooooong!

"For whom does the bell toll?" asked a body.

"That's Taure! Lynch him! Or make him mayor! Or something!" said 'Stojil'.

A cold wind, with the strange smell of preservation - one might call it Magical Amber even, was on noses of everyone in the room.

The Master of Death was coming.

Instantly, everyone knelt with their eyes downward in respect as a boy, no - a man, of seventeen (going on eight hundred) and eyes as green as a fresh pickled toad, walked in, humming Hey Jude rather loudly.

"My Lord!" a chorus of voices was heard.

He stared at them strangely for a moment. "I sensed a disturbance in the currents of Magic and Time. What have all of you been doing?"

"It was Aekiel!" shouted 'Aziraphale', who had stood up, his eyes wild. "He wouldn't make me Mayor! He wouldn't give me his votes! He wouldn't convince people to switch!" His face scrunched up, livid.

"Mayors, they have to be sane to run Towns, right?" Harry Potter said, his British accent bringing someone to their knees.

"Oh, his voice is just like Taure's."

Everyone turned around, looking for Ashaya, but there was no one there.

"Crap!" someone said, quickly casting an anti-disapparition jinx around the perimeter. "We nearly had her!"

The Master of Death was silent now, though. He had knelt by a body which remained unburied in the din. "Syao... Syao...", he called softly, his voice kind.

"Why did you kill him, Jon?"

Someone gasped at being discovered, but no one heard it - Mishie, bless her heart, had begun to wail uncontrollably.

"It's going to be okay, Mishie, it's going to be okay," Harry said. "You'll find another one of your second cousins to part your inner folds."

"But I want him!" she screamed, forgetting that she was in the presence of Death himself.

"Now, I'm going to go around and find the departed spirits. They must be resurrected. Why must you inconvenience me so?" Harry said bitterly. The Wand of Elder flashed and Syao's spirit flew back into his body, but immediately left it again.

"Oh, his neck is broken. That's unfortunate. I dislike medical charms." Harry examined the body for several minutes. "Well, since he's dead and can't feel pain anyway... Reparo!"

There was a sickening crunch as the body repaired itself.

"I'm going to back every morning and night. I fully expect the culprits to be caught and Lynched at some point. Otherwise, I would have to deal with the Hermonies myself." His face darkened in a savage smile. "We really don't want that, do we?"

"No, sir!"

Harry Potter departed with the sweep of a cloak. No one said anything for a little while.

"Okay, now to business," Aekiel said as the sun slowly set.
Flava Flave was here.

Aekiel is now the Mayor!
Fenraellis was Lynched!
Aziraphale was Committed to the Asylum!
Mishie was Committed to the Asylum!

Livelist

Ashaya
Seratin
Vesvius
jwlk
Mishie
SmileOfTheKill
Aekiel
OllieK
Snowflake
Jangel
Taure
Kalas
Stojil
Lochness
Sneakthief
Republic
Zenzao
Azira
Kens

Ash
02-13-2012, 07:11 PM
FILLERFILLERFILLER

Lungs
02-13-2012, 07:14 PM
It is now Day Phase of Day 2.
It will last up to 48 hours.

Flava Flave was here.

It was a night dark and full of suspicion and homoerotica everywhere.

Somewhere, more than one person had quietly contemplated suicide, unable to live with the fact that they were in someone else's body for the forseeable future.

In other places, people were plotting and planning.

Midnight had risen with a final message that the body of Fenraellis had been mysteriously killed by the Klackerz. No one seemed to understand when anyone would want to kill the Captain of the Guard, before they realized that he, in fact, might not have been the Fenraellis, but rather, someone else.

With a heavy heart, the majority of the Regulars laid down to sleep, clutching their utensils of magic and might between their fingers until their knuckles were white even as the Sandman took them. They knew that alone, they would not have had the ability to fend the Hermonies off.

Unbeknownst to everyone, another faction stirred.

"SmileoftheKill," the Vesvius said urgently. "I've discovered some things that I want to tell you. About us."

"What is it?" the SmileOfTheKill said languidly.

"I think I might-"

"Might what?" the SmileofTheKill sat up quickly, his body trembling under Vesvius' heated gaze. Vesvius opened his mouth almost sensually, a wet tongue nervously rounding his lips as he contemplated SmileoftheKill.

"I think I- I think I might be-"

"Might be?"

Vesvius' demeanor changed from uncertain to... diabolical?

"Might just be the spirit of the Rogue Warlock."

"Wha-"

Already, tendrils of black energy crept up on SmileOfTheKill, slowly caressing him in places most inappropriate and streaming into him from every orifice.

"Ooh, that feels- Ooh," SmileOfTheKill moaned.

"Yes, take it. Take me into you!" the Vesvius muttered crazily.

"Ooh, Master, would you please! Take me again!" SmileOfTheKill screamed into the night.

A single cloud passed over the moon.

"Blow the door, and then start firing."

"1... 2... 3!"

"Alohamora!" and "Reducto!" rang at once and the not-reinforced door exploded.

"Avada Kedavra!"

A huge statue of the Emperor Nero intercepted the green jet and exploded into a cloud of Marble Dust.

"I've been expecting you."

Zenzao was sitting there calmly, Fishy Justice by his side.

"Two of you?" the figure in the middle wondered aloud.

"Yes. Two of us! Tentacula Voluminous," Zenzao cried, his voice resonating about the room.

Out of the holes in the walls, green slime began pouring out.

"Diffindo!" the figure cried, a spell cutting into the rapidly forming tentacles.

"Not going to work... This is... a traditional formula." Zenzao smirked, a soulless glint in his eyes.

The figure swore loudly. "We're not done yet! I refuse to be a helpless loli!"

Zenzao just stared. "I don't know what that is," he said, mildly confused.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Nope. A long glistening thing jumped up and absorbed the curse.

"Fiendfyre!" the other said burned the Tentacles, but they seemed to absorb the flame too.

"Bitches don't know anything about J. Santi's spellcrafting!" Zenzao shouted in triumph as water washed everywhere.

"Be careful with that," shouted Fishy Justice over the din. "You've just learned that spell! Control it!"

"I'm going to kill myself one of these mysterious people!" Zenzao roared, the wall of water rushing through the room as blood crashed through his veins.

"No, you're going to hurt yourself!" Fishy Justice began to cast spell after spell on Zenzao, heightening his senses and healing his body.

And then, it was abruptly over. The figure on the left had danced over the flames and water with a grace that few had seen and appeared in front of the Zenzao.

"Y-you."

The graceful one didn't speak, but Zenzao knew that she recognized him truly.

Zenzao's wand dropped to his side and the water died down, even as the one that had summoned the fire cut off the flame in order to restore energy.

There was silence.

"Avada Kedavra."

Zenzao did not raise his wand - never against this person.

The Killing Curse hit him in the chest and he fell backwards, an impossible sort of peace on his face.

"Sleep. We can be lazy together now." A smile could be seen under the hood.

Fishy Justice screamed, unable to fathom the sheer loss.

"Y-you! You killed-"

"I did."

"Why would you-"

Another smile, and Fishy Justice looked down, a shadow cast over his face.

"Leave. Lest my true spirit travels here and kills you all."

"There has been enough death tonight," the murderer agreed, walking off.

The original person stared at her strangely. "Kill him!" came the sharp voice, but the killer shook their head.

"Why wouldn't you kill him?"

"Cast the curse yourself, if you so wish."

A nod. "I will."

But there was a thump behind them, and they realized that Fishy Justice had sprawled over the body of Zenzao.

The Killer ran over, hearing the faint buzz of Fishy Justice's dying words.

The last word she caught was, "Roxanne."

The cloud over the moon shifted and a pale white light streamed into the room, lighting up the features of Zenzao and Fishy Justice in soft glow.

"We'll leave now," said the Firemaker. "We'll leave."

They walked out the door and disapparated quickly, a series of soft pops muted by the swaying willows.

Not a mile away, three figures walked into DLP Asylum.

There was no security, because while the members of DLP were insanely intelligent, they were also mildly shortsighted.

"Avada Kedavra!" someone said, and the life of Aziraphale was ended.

"Nooooooooooooo!" screamed Mishie.

She killed herself in mourning.

A cloud passed over the moon again, and arcane energies began to form.

"Awhhhhhh yeah!" shouted the Vesvius as his Thrall pulled in power.

Flava Flave was here.

Zenzao has died.
Upon Zenzao's death, Fishy Justice killed himself.
Aziraphale has died.
Upon Azira's death, Mishie killed herself.

Livelist

Ashaya
Seratin
Vesvius
jwlk
SmileOfTheKill
Aekiel
OllieK
Snowflake
Jangel
Taure
Kalas
Stojil
Lochness
Republic
Kens

Ash
02-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Holy fucking shit. What the FUCK happened here?

So, either Zenzao is the Lutris to Fishy Justice's MattSilver, or Azira was mishie's Lutris.
That means the other pair would be the OTP.

Just....WTF

---------- Post automerged at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

The thing that I can't figure out is how both Zenzao and Azira were killed. The only thing I can see is that the King must have used his ONE protection piercing kill.

Am I missing something?

---------- Post automerged at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Well, the Vira COULD have used her special Bullet Punch kill.

Jangel
02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
The Moridin can kill someone in the Asylum once every two nights.

Damn, the Lutris and MattSilver would've been useful.

Ash
02-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Correction: Bullet Punch just takes the place of the Hermonies' NK.

Didn't see the Moridin's kill, thanks Jangel. I find it more likely that the Moridin killed Azira than that the Jon wasted his one kill on that.

SmileOfTheKill
02-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Uhhh, I am currently in work but I will say something good after.

Zircon
02-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Wow... what the fucking fuck.I've got to get to class but if there are outlets I'll plug in and talk to you folk from there, otherwise I won't be posting for about 14 hours.

Vesvius
02-13-2012, 08:31 PM
...... What the fucking fuck of El-Fuckistan did I just read?

Ill post more in a bit, when I'm at my computer.

Aekiel
02-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Well I guess that explains why I thought Mishie/Aziraphale were scum. They were either Lutris/Matt or the OTP. If we're lucky, one of the OTP was an Ex-Mod.

Snowflake
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Wow....just wow. 0.o So the OTP and the Lutris/Mattsilver are dead?

SmileOfTheKill
02-13-2012, 11:22 PM
HAHAHAHAH,

Upon Azira's death, Mishie killed herself.

I knew I shouldn't trust both yall and knew something was up... I really hope that one of them was scum though. That would have reallly sucked if we lost four town tonight.

LochNess
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
So down three confirmed townies and possibly one scum. Not the best first night we could hope for... But I just got in and am going straight to bed, just wanted to check in to see what was going on and will post properly in the morning.

Aekiel
02-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Not necessarily. If one of the OTP was an Ex-Mod, the other would have joined their team, but it's statistically unlikely for that to happen.

Ash
02-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Super dead in here right now, what with 4 people gone. ;_; I dearly hope that we don't lose this game solely due to motherfucking APATHY.

Some people said they'd be gone for awhile, though, so hopefully that's all it is....

Lungs
02-14-2012, 12:50 AM
I can smell your fear. All of you. D8

Kensington
02-14-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm scared. This wasn't a big game to begin with, and so many damn people died the first night.

I'm going to refrain from posting right now as I'm trying to chart out the probabilities of the roles involved and what not. Unfortunately, I keep getting distracted.

SmileOfTheKill
02-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Ug, the lack of information is not great for us but what can we say? People died and now we are semi-screwed. We really need to hope one of the OTPs or both was scum.

Taure
02-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Okay, so we've lost the OTP and Lutris/Matt. I guess at this stage it doesn't really matter which pair of players was which, though I certainly am curious about it.

Either the Moridin used their kill to kill Azira, or the Jon used their one-time-only kill.

The former seems more likely - it would be odd for the Jon to use their kill so early in the game. The only reason for doing so would be if they thought they were about to be lynched, and there wasn't really any single player who had a significant bandwagon forming against them, with the possible exception of Kalas. If it were the Jon's kill, I'd suggest that Kalas is the Jon, but as I say, the Moridin seems more likely.

Whoever our killers are, they've certainly cut down on the day's admin - no asylum votes. But since we're on the issue, I might as well ask for clarification: with two players in the asylum, would it have been the case that we had an asylum vote on each player separately?

(Speaking of Jon, what the hell is up with him posting in this thread?)

Ash
02-14-2012, 02:05 AM
Well, I am going to bed. I hope there is more discussion going on when I wake up. At the moment, Lungs' "I can smell your fear" comment is the scummiest thing I've seen so far. My two biggest suspects (Azira and mishie) are dead, and I'm kind of at a loss....

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Oh jesus christ. I need to go to bed. LUNGS ISN'T PLAYING, DERPA DERPA. I got confused between this and HoT2.

....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU.

Lungs
02-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Lynch this Lungs guy. He's probably -EV for town :(

Lynch Vote: Lungs

D8

jwlk
02-14-2012, 02:31 AM
I just ran through the role list.. and I have to say that I really reaaaaallly hope that Vira used her power that allows her to take Moridin's kill, because I hope to god our Moridin is not that stupid as to kill Azir! If I find out Moridin actually killed Azir I will rage so hard at the idiocy.

What else happened... Our lutris/mat combo died... as well as the OTP. Good news is 'Drome is now okay to kill. Btw, another possibility: 'Drome killed the OTP. I don't know why no one has said any of these yet...

Another thing.... Fen was killed, anyone have anything to say about that? I, personally will now be going through his posts. What else... Irene didn't seem to put anyone in the asylum... Could be dead? Could be one of the OTP? Could be Fen... Lets spark some discussion!

Kalas
02-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Seeing as the entire purpose of throwing Aekiel throwing Azira in there in the first place was to have him investigated I feel like Vira is the only explanation. Matt dies when Lutris does, OTP's die together. Hermonies get protection from OTP and would thus avoid killing them. So Azira and mishie were absolutely Lutris/Matt.

Zenzao made a total of 6 posts without much content, outside of voting for Aekiel, Lynch voting Republic, voicing suspicions about Gambit and changing his lynch vote to Jangel after I posted (if I missed something mention it). Through that either he hit to close to home for the Jon's liking and he blew his kill or we have a very astute Vesvius.

That's all I got for now, time to sleep.

Snowflake
02-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Four probable townies gone on Night 1 is pretty bad, but we can still recover. At least now we have more clues...

Damn, Lutris/Matt could've been pretty useful...

Republic
02-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Wow, I understand how the others felt in Awesomefia now. I wake up to four people dead.
No role reveals upon death, that's a bummer. But, unlike Awesomefia, we can't be sure that all those killed during the Night were Townies.

There are some from the Live List who don't post much.For example kens and jangel. Get over here, tell us what you think.

Snowflake
02-14-2012, 05:28 AM
I think you posted less than them...

Anyway, time for the Sword?

---------- Post automerged at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I derped. Wrong game.

jwlk
02-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Wow, I understand how the others felt in Awesomefia now. I wake up to four people dead.
No role reveals upon death, that's a bummer. But, unlike Awesomefia, we can't be sure that all those killed during the Night were Townies.

There are some from the Live List who don't post much.For example kens and jangel. Get over here, tell us what you think.

Dude have you thought about it at all? If you had, you would realize that 75% if not 100% of those are confirmed town -_-

Republic
02-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Hence the "all".

Aekiel
02-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Dude have you thought about it at all? If you had, you would realize that 75% if not 100% of those are confirmed town -_-

Like I said earlier; it's more like 50% confirmed, 100% suspected. If one of the OTP was an Ex-Mod, the other member would be part of that faction as well. Only other way it could work is if one was Jon.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Warning: wall of text. Dividing it into chapters of sorts could only help so much.

The Deaths

I didn't dislike the Klackerz's decision of lynching Fenraellis (although there were better targets in my eyes) and I doubt his "aim" has been redirected by the Vira on Day 1, although it could be possible if the Hermonies had a read on him and thought he was going to target one of them. It's unlikely, though. Lynching a lurker is usually a town decision and rereading Fenraellis' two posts didn't give me anything useful to figure out who he was. In the first one, he asked about the RNG and the possibility of a player to be given his DLP role (Fenraellis the Fenraellis?) and in the second he rambled a bit about Aekiel and Azira before voting for the former.

From Lungs’ stuff about Fishy Justice and Mishie “killing themselves” after the deaths of Zenzao and Azira respectively, I think we can say with certainty that both “couples” were connected roles and connected kills, thus narrowing the “couples” down to the MattSilver/Lutris and the two OTPs, and ascertain that the Palindrome has used her ability to off the OTPs and that the Lutris was the player to be targeted by the night kill. Only with these scenarios you can explain Fishy Justice and Mishie “killing themselves”.

I think you guys are also making lots of mistakes and/or actions of misdirection. Unless you think the Hermonies didn’t use their night kill (which is different from and unrelated to the Palindrome OTP kill), then the scum faction has to have used NECESSARILY its power on one of the four dead players of the night, because survived night kills/lynches are reported in the thread and we have none. Two of those players are to be excluded because they were the OTPs and they were offed by the Palindrome, while the two remaining are MattSilver and Lutris, and only the death of the latter would cause the death of the former, not viceversa.

The Scenarios

Now, here is what I think could have happened. Aekiel, I’m assuming from your lack of further explanation that you incarcerated Mishie like you had told us before the end of day. If you come out now to say you actually incarcerated Azira… well, you’re already the scummiest player in this game, so if you want to add to the “evidence” and “clues”, be my guest.

If Azira and Mishie were the Lutris and the MattSilver:

1) Mishie was the Lutris and when Aekiel put him in the Asylum, the MattSilver Azira was forcefully entered as well. This means that the Irene didn't use her incarcerating power (dead Fenraellis?) or that she "wasted" it on Azira. In this scenario, either the Moridin has targeted the Lutris Mishie, thus killing both him and the MattSilver Azira, or the Hermonies did (much more likely). The Palindrome used her OTP kill to off Zenzao and Fishy Justice.

2) Azira was the Lutris and the Irene put him in the Asylum, while Aekiel incarcerated the MattSilver Mishie (he would have ended up in the Asylum regardless). In this scenario, either the Moridin has targeted the Lutris Azira, thus killing both him and the MattSilver Mishie, or the Hermonies did (much more likely). The Palindrome used her OTP kill to off Zenzao and Fishy Justice.

If Azira and Mishie were OTPs, instead:

3) Aekiel incarcerated Mishie and the Irene incarcerated Azira. The Palindrome used her OTP kill to off them both, while the Hermonies (or various unlikely one-shot abilities) targeted the Lutris Zenzao, thus killing both him and Fishy Justice.

Aziraphale

What were Azira and Mishie then? OTPs and Zenzao and Fishy Justice were the Lutris/MattSilver? Or the opposite? There's too little from Zenzao and Fishy Justice to judge. Mishie and Azira were much more "on stage", so to speak.

Azira soft-claimed a power role in his campaign for the Mayorship. We can exclude the Irene because he ended up in the Asylum with partner (in this case OTP) Mishie and no one else.

So the possibilities I see are:

1) Azira was the Lutris, which means it was scenario 1. With the Mayorship he would have gotten an extra life, thus protecting the MattSilver who dies if he dies, and with the possible jwlk’s power used on him (fairly likely since usually Mayors are under a lot of scrutiny), the thing of “the MattSilver dies whenever I die” would disappear (together with discovering who the KaiDASH is on day 3, though). (Reminder: if the jwlk checks you during the day phase, you lose your oneshot abilities.)

2) Azira was the KaiDASH, made OTP by the Hermonies with Mishie, which means the third scenario is the true one, with Zenzao and Fishy Justice being the Lutris and the MattSilver.

3) Azira was the Moridin, whose power of killing someone in the Asylum would have gone hand in hand with the Mayor’s power of putting players there. It also would mean the third scenario is the true one, with the Hermonies necessarily making the kill.

4) Azira was the Zeitgeist, made OTP by the Hermonies with Mishie, which means the third scenario is the true one. This can be possible only if:
a) The Irene was Fenraellis and couldn’t be rolerevealed upon Azira’s death because she was dead.
b) The jwlk used his power on him on Day 1, thus deleting the oneshot “ability” of having the Irene revealed upon his death.

5) Azira was another townie role, hence a bluffing idiot.

6) Azira was OTP scum.
a) The Jon would have risked losing his oneshot kill because of the jwlk checking him. Plus, it’s probably not a role you want to draw attention to with the Mayor title, extra life be damned.
b) The SmileOfTheKill has a bunch of useful oneshot abilities he would lose if checked by the jwlk. It’s also not a role you want to draw attention to with the Mayor title, extra life be damned.
c) The Vesvius has protection already and a couple of useful oneshot abilities.

Another angle to tackle this would probably be:

The OTPs

Who did the Hermonies give the OTPs “roles” to? The decision was to be made before the start of the game.

Azira and Mishie are very experienced players. I can’t recall any of Mishie’s games except the first DresdenMafia (in which he died on night 1) but the Mishie is even a role in this game and, from opinions of other experienced players, I’m assuming he’s been capable and in a lot of these. Azira is experienced too, so much so that many people considered voting him for Mayor despite the other big names in the game.

Zenzao is on his third game, while SneakThief/Fishy Justice is a bit more experienced, I think.

Pro of giving OTPs to the first couple: get rid of two experienced players whenever you want, night 1 for example, as just happened. There are probably what most would consider “bigger names”, though (no offence Azira/Mishie), but this could work well with the idea that the Palindrome OTP kill doesn't bypass protection. This means that if the Hermonies had chosen very threatening players with layer-protected roles, their OTP kill could have been stopped and those players would have stayed alive and communicating. Choosing midway between extremely experienced and inexperienced players would work well.
Con: give two experienced players a shared QT. If your plan is to kill them on night 1, though, it’s an acceptable con, I believe.
Others: metagaming reasons I know nothing about.

Pros of giving OTPs to the second couple: semi-inexperienced players share the QT.
Cons: getting rid of two semi-experienced players whenever you want, while there are more juicy targets.

I’m not sure which couple is which, but either way, the question still remains the same:

Why did the Hermonies get rid of the OTPs on night 1? We’re sure this happened, it’s not debatable, unless I’m missing something.

They gave the Palindrome a huge protection. If the plan was to kill them immediately from the beginning, then I don’t know if the Hermonies would have picked either couple, instead of more threatening names… unless those “more threatening names” were Hermonies themselves (hello there, Aekiel and Ashaya). If the plan wasn’t this from the beginning, then something must have happened in the game. Azira and Mishie creating trouble for the Hermonies comes to mind (hello again, Aekiel, Ashaya and maybe Seratin). If not, maybe they got a good read on one OTP, deemed his role too dangerous and ganked him before he had time to do damage.

Or maybe they simply thought that killing two enemies immediately was worth losing that kind of protection, which, I remind everyone, isn't just an extra life. As long as the OTPs are alive, the Palindrome can only be killed with a piercing-protection attack. It seems too good to let go of it so soon without a very good reason.

Perhaps because Ashaya the Hermonie knew that Azira was an OTP? Maybe that’s why Mishie called her and Aekiel out for it, because, being one of the OTP, he was actively searching for strange behaviour against him and his “partner”. We surely have that from Aekiel and Ashaya. This could also be an explanation for the scummy post of the next chapter.

The scummy post(s)

I gave this post a thumb-up because I had noticed that too.
I gave this post a :facepalm because of how he only pointed his finger without explaining. That’s anti-town, Azira, if you were the Lutris or a town OTP, shame on you. Either you make a case against them or you let it pass to gather more ammo to throw at them. That hinting post was counter-productive.

Anyway, this is what I believe he wanted to draw our attention to. Directly from my QT before this damn night, because I can’t be bothered to rearrange it after all I already wrote:

Aekiel, Ashaya, Seratin and Taure: there's a team in there, I think, be it scum or Lutris/Matt. Seratin was the first to nominate Taure as Mayor and Ashaya followed swiftly. Aekiel then nominated himself, gathered a bit of support (the switching Seratin too) and squared off more or less evenly with Azira. Then Taure switched to Aekiel as well, soon mirrored by Ashaya. Finally, Mishie pressed on Ashaya a little and she pushed back. Aekiel then mentioned him in his lynching-possibility list, Seratin pointed his finger as well and Ashaya said "I doubt he (Mishie) would be THAT obvious", which isn't a defence but a subtle way to keep on accusing him. Seratin lynch-voted him, Ashaya voiced her distrust more openly and Aekiel voted for Kalas in a hilarious attempt to appease me (that's my interpretation of it, anyway). But really, look at this, post #155:

I don't like lynching lurkers when I've got other, more suspicious candidates to lynch, and something about your posts is just seeming scummy to me, Kalas.

Bold parts mine (not the vote, of course). What about Mishie, then, who he fingered as scumbuddy with Azira? The fact he was about to incarcerate him is a moot point, really, "since it's end of the day and nobody looks to be lynched". Kalas' name came out of nowhere judging by Aekiel's posts, having never been mentioned by him, and he didn't give any reason but the classic "odd vibe", or so it seems. When I accused Kalas to get to him, he had even piped in to defend himself and Kalas by proxy, pretty much eliminating my main reason for calling Kalas scum. So why vote like this?

1) To not vote for Mishie like scumbuddy Seratin (bravo Azira for warning them B0 ).
2) To try and fend some of my suspicions off himself.
3) Some other reason I can't see and that he didn't explain, which could possibly mean he's town (unlikely, I will believe he's not scum only if he comes out of my computer and tells me he's God and to believe in him... in short, a miracle).

The vote

Deadline Lynch Vote: Ashaya

Die an early death, would you? I would prefer Aekiel but you guys voted him Mayor and gave him an extra life. <_<

I hope Irene will put him in the Asylum and Moridin will gank him, though.

Ash
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Okay, going the Irene route, are we? I think there are a lot of holes in your logic, but I'm on my phone and I won't be around to post for Idk how long. Lynch me, I guess, though FYI, I made mishie part of the lovers in one game before. If he was part of the otp, that's why he'd be so suspicious of me. I wouldn't have paired mishie with someone ever again after that, though.

Jangel
02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
From Lungs’ stuff about Fishy Justice and Mishie “killing themselves” after the deaths of Zenzao and Azira respectively, I think we can say with certainty that both “couples” were connected roles and connected kills, thus narrowing the “couples” down to the MattSilver/Lutris and the two OTPs, and ascertain that the Palindrome has used her ability to off the OTPs and that the Lutris was the player to be targeted by the night kill. Only with these scenarios you can explain Fishy Justice and Mishie “killing themselves”.

Not entirely correct. There were four probable kill methods: the Jon's oneshot (unlikely to be used so early), the Hermonie nightkill, the Palindrome OTP-kill, and the Moridin asylum-kill (which you ignore here, but point out later on, for some reason).

The Scenarios

Now, here is what I think could have happened. Aekiel, I’m assuming from your lack of further explanation that you incarcerated Mishie like you had told us before the end of day. If you come out now to say you actually incarcerated Azira… well, you’re already the scummiest player in this game, so if you want to add to the “evidence” and “clues”, be my guest.

If Azira and Mishie were the Lutris and the MattSilver:

1) Mishie was the Lutris and when Aekiel put him in the Asylum, the MattSilver Azira was forcefully entered as well. This means that the Irene didn't use her incarcerating power (dead Fenraellis?) or that she "wasted" it on Azira. In this scenario, either the Moridin has targeted the Lutris Mishie, thus killing both him and the MattSilver Azira, or the Hermonies did (much more likely). The Palindrome used her OTP kill to off Zenzao and Fishy Justice.

2) Azira was the Lutris and the Irene put him in the Asylum, while Aekiel incarcerated the MattSilver Mishie (he would have ended up in the Asylum regardless). In this scenario, either the Moridin has targeted the Lutris Azira, thus killing both him and the MattSilver Mishie, or the Hermonies did (much more likely). The Palindrome used her OTP kill to off Zenzao and Fishy Justice.

If you accept that the Moridin didn't act (which does seem reasonable, unlikely the Hermonies would choose not to NK), it still seems a bit unlikely that the Hermonies would kill off Zenzao/Fishy OTP so early, but potentially possible.

If Azira and Mishie were OTPs, instead:

3) Aekiel incarcerated Mishie and the Irene incarcerated Azira. The Palindrome used her OTP kill to off them both, while the Hermonies (or various unlikely one-shot abilities) targeted the Lutris Zenzao, thus killing both him and Fishy Justice.

Again, this selective-Moridin-memory crops up again; either the Palindrome OTP-killed first night, or the Moridin killed Azira.

I do think it's more likely that mishie/Azira were OTP, given that Hermonie NK + (Moridin or OTP) seems more probable than OTP + (Hermonie NK or Moridin).

Aziraphale

What were Azira and Mishie then? OTPs and Zenzao and Fishy Justice were the Lutris/MattSilver? Or the opposite? There's too little from Zenzao and Fishy Justice to judge. Mishie and Azira were much more "on stage", so to speak.

Azira soft-claimed a power role in his campaign for the Mayorship. We can exclude the Irene because he ended up in the Asylum with partner (in this case OTP) Mishie and no one else.

So the possibilities I see are:

1) Azira was the Lutris, which means it was scenario 1. With the Mayorship he would have gotten an extra life, thus protecting the MattSilver who dies if he dies, and with the possible jwlk’s power used on him (fairly likely since usually Mayors are under a lot of scrutiny), the thing of “the MattSilver dies whenever I die” would disappear (together with discovering who the KaiDASH is on day 3, though). (Reminder: if the jwlk checks you during the day phase, you lose your oneshot abilities.)

2) Azira was the KaiDASH, made OTP by the Hermonies with Mishie, which means the third scenario is the true one, with Zenzao and Fishy Justice being the Lutris and the MattSilver.

3) Azira was the Moridin, whose power of killing someone in the Asylum would have gone hand in hand with the Mayor’s power of putting players there. It also would mean the third scenario is the true one, with the Hermonies necessarily making the kill.

3) here seems to most reasonable, if he was both town and legitimate in his mayoral claims, and would agree with my OTP suspicions.

Why did the Hermonies get rid of the OTPs on night 1? We’re sure this happened, it’s not debatable, unless I’m missing something.

They gave the Palindrome a huge protection. If the plan was to kill them immediately from the beginning, then I don’t know if the Hermonies would have picked either couple, instead of more threatening names… unless those “more threatening names” were Hermonies themselves (hello there, Aekiel and Ashaya). If the plan wasn’t this from the beginning, then something must have happened in the game. Azira and Mishie creating trouble for the Hermonies comes to mind (hello again, Aekiel, Ashaya and maybe Seratin). If not, maybe they got a good read on one OTP, deemed his role too dangerous and ganked him before he had time to do damage.

Or maybe they simply thought that killing two enemies immediately was worth losing that kind of protection, which, I remind everyone, isn't just an extra life. As long as the OTPs are alive, the Palindrome can only be killed with a piercing-protection attack. It seems too good to let go of it so soon without a very good reason.

Again, it wasn't nesc. an OTP-kill, and we both agree that an OTP-kill this early seems unlikely, but you're again selectively ignoring the Moridin and painting Aekiel, Ashaya, and maybe Seratin as scum.

(mishie)

Perhaps because Ashaya the Hermonie knew that Azira was an OTP? Maybe that’s why Mishie called her and Aekiel out for it, because, being one of the OTP, he was actively searching for strange behaviour against him and his “partner”. We surely have that from Aekiel and Ashaya. This could also be an explanation for the scummy post of the next chapter.

Doesn't make sense, to me: ability to kill the mayor at any time would be quite useful to the Hermonies, you'd think. In a tradeoff between that and the mayor having a shared QT, not entirely clear cut.

The scummy post(s)

Aekiel, Ashaya, Seratin and Taure: there's a team in there, I think, be it scum or Lutris/Matt. Seratin was the first to nominate Taure as Mayor and Ashaya followed swiftly. Aekiel then nominated himself, gathered a bit of support (the switching Seratin too) and squared off more or less evenly with Azira. Then Taure switched to Aekiel as well, soon mirrored by Ashaya. Finally, Mishie pressed on Ashaya a little and she pushed back. Aekiel then mentioned him in his lynching-possibility list, Seratin pointed his finger as well and Ashaya said "I doubt he (Mishie) would be THAT obvious", which isn't a defence but a subtle way to keep on accusing him. Seratin lynch-voted him, Ashaya voiced her distrust more openly and Aekiel voted for Kalas in a hilarious attempt to appease me (that's my interpretation of it, anyway). But really, look at this, post #155:

Bold parts mine (not the vote, of course). What about Mishie, then, who he fingered as scumbuddy with Azira? The fact he was about to incarcerate him is a moot point, really, "since it's end of the day and nobody looks to be lynched". Kalas' name came out of nowhere judging by Aekiel's posts, having never been mentioned by him, and he didn't give any reason but the classic "odd vibe", or so it seems. When I accused Kalas to get to him, he had even piped in to defend himself and Kalas by proxy, pretty much eliminating my main reason for calling Kalas scum. So why vote like this?

1) To not vote for Mishie like scumbuddy Seratin (bravo Azira for warning them B0 ).
2) To try and fend some of my suspicions off himself.
3) Some other reason I can't see and that he didn't explain, which could possibly mean he's town (unlikely, I will believe he's not scum only if he comes out of my computer and tells me he's God and to believe in him... in short, a miracle).

This does seem weird, I agree. Alternative suggestion: he was planning to commit mishie, and there'd never have been a consensus given the way the vote was, rendering it purely symbolic. "Since I'm commiting Mishie, vote for second-most suspicious?"

Dunno, doesn't sound particularly plausible to me either. It is quite suspect.

Kalas
02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
QUESTION: Does Vesvius' Modkill kill when correctly used?

Jangel
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Hmm, forgot about that, interesting if it does. Best guess, if it does kill and was used, would be on Azira (instead of the Moridin's asylum-kill). Lungs?

Lungs
02-14-2012, 03:20 PM
QUESTION: Does Vesvius' Modkill kill when correctly used?

Yeah. I think so. :facepalm

The ModKill is a public kill mechanism. If it is used at night, I would say:

X Player ModKilled Player Y the Role Z during the morning.

If it is used in the middle of the Day, I'll announce it instantly.

If it is used in Night Phase 1, I'll announce it at the beginning of Night Phase 2. Etc, etc.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm not at home and I have little time, but Jangel, what you say doesn't make sense.

The Palindrome OTP kill MUST have happened for any of it to make sense.

Let's say Mishie and Azira were OTPs and Zenzao/Fishy were Lutris/Matt.

To have Fishy "kill himself" after Zenzao would mean that the Lutris Zenzao was killed. Needed night kill = 1 (unknown).

To have Mishie "kill himself" after Azira would mean the Palindrome OTP-killed them. It doesn't work with any other kill-power. The OTPs don't both die if one of them is killed. This happens only if the Palindrome uses her ability. Needed night kill = 1 (necessarily the Palindrome OTP-kill).

This means that only the death of Lutris needs an explanation. If you think the Hermonies wouldn't have used their normal night kill, then it's possible it was the Moridin in the Asylum or any other role with a night kill. If you think that the Hermonies would obviously use their normal night kill, then no other kill was used (effectively) last night.

Survived night kills and lynches are posted in the thread.

The other thing that could have happened was for two roles to target the same player and only one of them being the decisive kill, while the other becomes wasted on an already dead player.

Unless Lungs' roles and powers description is wrong. I can't quote from where I am, but look it up under the Palindrome.

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Oh fuck.

I derped.

It does say that if one dies the other does too...

Anyway the final points about the Hermonies' night kill and the survived attempts posted in the thread still apply.

Zircon
02-14-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm back, currently the most suspect post was by jwlk (the player)

Please people refer to roles as The Jon I've seen at least two posts where people didn't do it and I couldn't tell if they were talking about roles or if they maybe knew something we didn't.

I'd say Happy Valentine's Day but the OTP seems to have been killed :(

Currently Stojil looks like he's either innocent or the greatest scum player since Jon himself. I'm leaning towards innocent but he still merits watching.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Jangel, the Moridin selective-memory happened because I was working under the assumption that only the Palindrome OTP-kill was capable to off both OTPs, while any other kind of kill would only eliminate the single target.

Anyway, now I'm really going (out with my date, you tossers).

LochNess
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm going to agree with Gambit on this one and say Stojil is looking pretty extremely protown. Although it could be a master plan and he is a very very determined scum.

One person I am going to keep my eye on is Snowflake. He hasn't posted anything (well he has posted but he hasn't contributed) besides making a mayor vote for Aekiel and the only reason is that Aziraphale always seems scummy. He's keeping up the number of posts he needs but really staying out of any discussion, maybe trying to keep the focus off of him?

Jangel
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Jangel, the Moridin selective-memory happened because I was working under the assumption that only the Palindrome OTP-kill was capable to off both OTPs, while any other kind of kill would only eliminate the single target.

Anyway, now I'm really going (out with my date, you tossers).

That makes sense, then. Agree with most of the rest of your post.

Gambit, care to expand on that, re: jwlk's post?

On lurkers/empty posters: Republic21, Snowflake, Smile, Vesvius, Kens...

Aekiel's probably foremost for me right now (asylum/lynch today/tonight?) unless he can come up with some good explanation. Regardless of if he can, we should look at the lurkers.

~26 hours left

Republic
02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
On lurkers/empty posters: Republic21, Snowflake, Smile, Vesvius, Kens...

Regardless of if he can, we should look at the lurkers.

That's funny, coming from you. Especially after you scrambled to post right after I called you out on lurking.

Jangel
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
That's funny, coming from you. Especially after you scrambled to post right after I called you out on lurking.

I'm sorry, but lol.

1) Posted more in both postcount and actual content than you had when you posted that. Let's see what you've contributed. An empty mayor vote, some shit poetry, response to said shit poetry, a "d'aww, people died, and there's no role reveal :(", and this nonsense, nothing.

2) Scrambled to post right after you called me out? What scramble? 8 posts and 12 hours, after I'd woken up and had time to think it through.

3) You post to attack me, within 10 minutes, so you're clearly here and reading the thread, and yet still don't contribute. Can only conclude you're actively keeping silent.

Step off.

I can't believe I even responded to this. Decent candidate to fuck off today, imo.

Lungs
02-14-2012, 05:25 PM
the Palindrome

Recurring Abilities:

If Ashaya is dead, you may buy plane tickets.
Checks Guilty
Checks Sane
Shares a QT with other Hermonies

Oneshot Abilities:

At the beginning of the game, you may declare an OTP - those two people will share a QT. Neither of the participants may be Hermonies. If one person in the OTP dies, they both do.
At any point in the game, you may kill a member of the OTP (does not pierce protection).
As long as the OTP survives, you have one layer of protection.
If a member of the OTP is an Ex-Mod, the other one joins the Ex-Mods.
If a member of the OTP is a King, the other one joins the King.

SmileOfTheKill
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I am still working. It sounds like the Moridin used his power instead of ze Jon. I am not lurking, leave me alone till this night. Hell, I still don't know exactly what I will be able to say.

Republic
02-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes, repeating theories and commenting a bit is awesome contribution, bravo. Claim town by contributing, sure, that makes a lot of sense.
More than my contribution, admiteddly, but then I was never very good in the detective, Irene, stuff that run rampant in mafia games. Conveying my suspicions and combing posts is not something I'm very eager to do, but I never lurk.
Theories on the Night Kills, what about them? The way I see it, the only way four people could die is a OTP kill + the Lutris kill. I find it very unlikely that the Jon would waste his kill this early, and the majority of the kills take more than two Days or Nights.
The palindrome kills the OTP, Hermonies kill the Lutris.
A question though, does the Palindrome's "at any point in the game" mean it can be done at the same time as the Night Kill? If not, what else could kill the Lutris?
The way Azira was playing he was either scum or role for which he would risk acting like this in his campaign.

Of course you'd want to lynch me. Anything for a quick, easy Townie lynch, no?

---------- Post automerged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Moridin's 'every two nights' kill, can be used in Night 1? Seriously?

Taure
02-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Wow, some massive TL;DRs going on here.

There are two main things I'd like to point out.

1. Uncle Stojil, wrt to your post connecting me, Aekiel, Ashaya and Serachin, I think you're stretching things somewhat. All you've got to link us together is that we all didn't like Azira, and that there was a brief "Taure for mayor" bandwagon. If that was enough to show certain people being on the same team then we'd have dozens of different (contradictory) teams. Besides, if we were really on the same team, do you think we would have all voted together like that? No, scum always distribute their votes so as to not be seen as a unified group. And while I suppose we are due a scum team pulling a big bluff and all voting together on something like this, that hasn't happened this time. So there.

2. WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING THE MORIDIN? The Jon kill is so unlikely that I think we can discount it. Palindrome OTP kill seems unlikely on players who are already in the asylum (and thus, effectively removed from the game, at least for the time being). So that leaves the Moridin kill, used on Azira, also taking out Mishie. And the other two are explained as being the Lutris and Matt.

It couldn't be that Zenzao and Fishy Justice were the OTP killed by Palindrome and Azira and Mishie were Lutris and Matt killed by Moridin. If that had been the case then when Azira was put in Asylum then the Matt would have been too. And we know that it couldn't be that Azira was the Matt and Mishie the Lutris because then they wouldn't have died together when Azira was offed.

SO

It has to be that We have lovers Azira and Mishie killed by Moridin kill, and Zenzao and Fishy Justice, Lutris and Matt, killed by night kill (targeted on Zenzao).

Now that that's cleared up, time to think of who to lynch tonight.

Uncle Stojil is suspicious because of his apparently deliberate ignoring of the Moridin, but I think it's a bad idea for us to go around killing all the most active players. So I say give Stojil a reprieve for now.

Republic21 sure is eager to point fingers at pretty much everyone else, and such behaviour automatically makes one wonder what he's trying to distract us from.

However, for my lynch vote I'm going to go for Snowflake, simply because I can't remember right now what s/he has done in the game so far.

Deadline vote: Snowflake

Lungs
02-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Everything that can be used "Every X day" can be used on Day 1. Cooldown is pre-charged.

Zircon
02-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I want to lynch taure, but I know he doesn't deserve it since he's making points that only help town. Unless Stojil and Taure are (part of) a faction and therefore playing the entire group of players to get attention from some crucial mistake we haven't spotted (this is very unlikely)

we've got less than 24 hours left so we should probably start a Lynch vote going but I've not spotted anyone who's really scummy yet.

Aekiel
02-14-2012, 08:48 PM
For the record, I went ahead and put Mishie in the Asylum. Whether he was OTP or one of Lutris and Matt is not something I know, though Taure missed out that Lutris doesn't follow Matt into the Asylum. Lutris goes to the Asylum if Matt is killed. However, it could be that Aziraphale was put into the Asylum by the Irene (which wouldn't really be surprising, given his implosion yesterday), which I admit is highly unlikely.

LochNess
02-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Heading out for a while.. all that V Day stuff and what not, but I'm going to put my vote in now.

As I already brought up originally, Snowflake is really suspicious to me so I am going to cast my vote on him. I will keep it deadline and will change it if someone better comes up when I get back.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Snowflake

I think I actually got the format right this time.

Ash
02-14-2012, 09:02 PM
For the record, I went ahead and put Mishie in the Asylum. Whether he was OTP or one of Lutris and Matt is not something I know, though Taure missed out that Lutris doesn't follow Matt into the Asylum. Lutris goes to the Asylum if Matt is killed. However, it could be that Aziraphale was put into the Asylum by the Irene (which wouldn't really be surprising, given his implosion yesterday), which I admit is highly unlikely.

Uh, not sure what you mean by "it wouldn't be surprising" followed by "highly unlikely".

The only way for someone to enter the asylum is through the mayor or the Irene. If you put Mishie in, Mishie would have to be the Lutris to Azira's Matt, OR the Irene would have put Azira into the asylum.

If Azira was put in due to being the Matt, then surely we'd have a third person in the asylum. I highly doubt that the Irene would skip putting someone in the asylum. And honestly, I see it as VERY likely that the Irene would put Azira in the asylum. He was quite frankly being an ass, and acting very offputting.

So my conclusion is that mishie/Azira was the OTP, you put mishie in asylum, then the Irene put Azira in there.

Then the Moridin decided hey, I want to use my kill right away, never know when I'll die, so he used it on obnoxious Azira, also killing mishie.

Obviously Zenzao would then have been the Lutris to Fishy Justice's Matt, and Zenzao was targeted by the scum.

I really don't know who to lynch, on a different subject. I have no strong feelings about Snowflake, but I do dislike lurkers who don't contribute. I think Republic stands out the most to me, as he pointed a lot of fingers when he himself was guilty of not contributing a huge amount. Gambit would also be on my list of possible scum, as he said:

I want to lynch taure, but I know he doesn't deserve it since he's making points that only help town.

Definitely sounds weird. So, my top two picks for lynching are Republic and Gambit, though I'd not be adverse to a Snowflake-the-lurker lynch.

Aekiel
02-14-2012, 09:07 PM
I meant that it's highly unlikely for the Irene to pick Mishie's partner (in the OTP or LuMatt combo), and that it wasn't surprising that Aziraphale would be picked because he was posting very scummishly yesterday.

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Also, reading over what I just wrote, I can see the blatant contradiction in there now. Right now I'm thinking that it was probably a coincidence that the Irene picked the partner of the guy I put in the Asylum. Or then again, maybe not. I, and others, did point out that they were posting in a very synchronised manner, suggesting that they shared a qt.

Ash
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Oh, I see what you meant. You're right, it is highly unlikely, but it's what happened. They shouldn't have acted so insufferable, I guess.

We can only hope that one of the two were the Smile, making this two scum deaths. Also highly unlikely, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Wow, some massive TL;DRs going on here.

There are two main things I'd like to point out.

1. Uncle Stojil, wrt to your post connecting me, Aekiel, Ashaya and Serachin, I think you're stretching things somewhat. All you've got to link us together is that we all didn't like Azira, and that there was a brief "Taure for mayor" bandwagon.

You're forgetting the accusations against Mishie, which came in the form of a lynch vote (Seratin), strong worded and numerous posts (Ashaya) and Asylum incarceration (Aekiel). It's not like they've been extremely obvious in their action. They (or you, in this case) can easily say they've never voted against him in a group. How convenient. Yet, the Mayor vote, which was the most important event of day 1 (also considering we didn't even get near a consensus on the lynch), saw the group acting together to give Aekiel the push needed to get the title, coming also thanks to various posts of theirs against the only other candidate, Azira, and your own disappearing act, which opened the way further.

Ash
02-14-2012, 09:39 PM
To be fair, Taure disappeared because I use my phone to tether, and so only one of us can be online at a time. Not sure how him not being around for a bit 'opened the way' (to what, Aekiel becoming mayor?).

Also, Aekiel had 12 votes. I felt that my reasons for voting were quite reasonable, (basically ANYONE BUT AZIRA) and yet people consistently point out my vote. What about the other fucking 10 people (Aekiel's reason is obvious)??

Republic, Seratin, Taure, Kensington, SmileofTheKill, Snowflake, Kalas, Fenraellis also voted for Aekiel, and said much of the same "not Aekiel" type stuff. So stop picking and choosing people out of that group to point fingers at when there are 6 other people who did the same damn thing, and not a thing is said about them.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 09:44 PM
To be fair, Taure disappeared because I use my phone to tether, and so only one of us can be online at a time. Not sure how him not being around for a bit 'opened the way' (to what, Aekiel becoming mayor?).

Also, Aekiel had 12 votes. I felt that my reasons for voting were quite reasonable, (basically ANYONE BUT AZIRA) and yet people consistently point out my vote. What about the other fucking 10 people (Aekiel's reason is obvious)??

Republic, Seratin, Taure, Kensington, SmileofTheKill, Snowflake, Kalas, Fenraellis also voted for Aekiel, and said much of the same "not Aekiel" type stuff. So stop picking and choosing people out of that group to point fingers at when there are 6 other people who did the same damn thing, and not a thing is said about them.

Why do only only see the Aekiel vote? What about Mishie? What about Azira? What about Taure? Do you really deny all the similar points? Only the four of you "connect" this much and this scummily. Find me something else Snowflake/Kalas/Republic/Kensington/SmileOfTheKill have done that is so connected, please.

Stop clinging to one single thing and answer based on the whole picture, if you can.

Anyway, I could get behind lynching Snowflake for all the mentioned reasons with which I agree, but I really, really think we should hit Aekiel's "camp".

HARD.

Ashaya looks like the best bet to me. I'll keep my vote on her for now.

Also, guys, pay attention to the voting format. It's:

Deadline Lynch Vote: Player

or

Lynch Vote: Player

SmileOfTheKill
02-14-2012, 09:52 PM
We can only hope that one of the two were the Smile, making this two scum deaths. Also highly unlikely, but hey, stranger things have happened.

I was getting offended you wanted me dead, but durp hurp.

Right now our biggest problems is that we all mostly vets here and there will be no easy scum read. Ug, this makes me sad. I attempted to read everything and did so but I still don't have a read. I do think Stojil is scum, but I've learned that the way he posts, even as town, I will always think he is scum. Because of that though, I am tempted to think he is town.

Ashaya is also sending off town alarms, but that just sets off scum alarms right away. Yay. I am saddened to say that I am not as good at this game as I care to admit.

Aekiel
02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Ashaya is also sending off town alarms, but that just sets off scum alarms right away. Yay. I am saddened to say that I am not as good at this game as I care to admit.

Join the club.

So far the only real scum read I have (the other two being dead already) is Gambit, and that's based on one post of his that pinged on my scumdar but could also just be the question he asked. That said, his latest post about not having scum reads despite the amount of finger pointing going on was suspicious as hell (he also said it blunter than you, Smile, without real reasoning behind it), and reads to me of scum trying to hide in the background but saying enough to get past the lurker description.

If we don't lynch him, I think I'll put him in the Asylum tonight.

Deadline Lynch: Gambit

Ash
02-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Pokemanz IRC makes me want to vote for Aekiel, and that's as good a reason as any.

I demand you name something awesome after me, Aek.

I'm not really sure about the candidates, but if it's between Aekiel and Aziraphale I'd rather vote for Aekiel. Sorry Aziraphale, but you always come off as scum to me for some reason. :/

Alright, he's probably scum who is going to eat my pancreas, but I'm going to throw Aekiel a bone.

I do like playing with him, despite the fact that he has a tendency to be 95% evil if he survives the first night.

My thoughts haven't really changed since yesterday.

Hopefully he's town.

Due to recent posts by Aziraphale:
Rescind Mayor Vote: Aziraphale
Not going to vote for Aekiel yet, partially because I don't trust him either, and also because somebody else may come forward for mayor.

Anyway, between Aekiel and Aziraphale... Aziraphale is certainly intelligent enough, but he always seems to attract the wrong kind of attention. That, and he tends to be a bit inflammatory in his reactions, so even if he is innocent, I can see him getting targeted early. That is his particular method of campaigning for himself is just outrageous enough that it turns me off from him a bit.

Aekiel... I have less personal experience with, so I can't say that I really support him, but I 'don't support him' less than I do Aziraphale. So, since it's going to be one of the two of them:

Various reasons for either not voting Azira, or voting for Aekiel. In general, other people saying negative things about Azira.

You yourself said

Good night.

:facepalm

Oh, for fuck's sake.

This was a bad move on so many levels it's not even funny. It's too anti-town to even be described. Do you know what you accomplished with that shitty hinting post of yours, aside from "warning" who you accused?

You lost my vote.

Rescind Mayor Vote

Now I don't know who is more scummy, you or Aekiel. At least, he has a chance to clear himself in my eyes.

Now, that covers the Aekiel vote and the Azira thing. There weren't many mentions of mishie, just me and Seratin, pretty much, and Seratin & I are both very....blunt people, who like to insult people, I guess, is a good way to put it. I don't say things in a politically correct way, so if I think you're being an annoying cunt, I will say so. I just said that his rampant accusations 'annoyed' me. What do you mean by,

Why do only only see the Aekiel vote? What about Mishie? What about Azira? What about Taure? Do you really deny all the similar points? Only the four of you "connect" this much and this scummily. Find me something else Snowflake/Kalas/Republic/Kensington/SmileOfTheKill have done that is so connected, please.

---------- Post automerged at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Also, LOL, you remind me entirely too much of KaiDASH, Uncle Stojil. Mind = blown. No wonder you are bothering me.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Now, that covers the Aekiel vote and the Azira thing. There weren't many mentions of mishie, just me and Seratin, pretty much, and Seratin & I are both very....blunt people, who like to insult people, I guess, is a good way to put it. I don't say things in a politically correct way, so if I think you're being an annoying cunt, I will say so.

You're forgetting Aekiel who listed Mishie as scum with two other people I don't remember right now, then fingered him as Azira's scumbuddy and finally put him in the Asylum.

The Taure "connection" is that both you and Seratin voted for him, and then all three shifted your votes to Aekiel. The fact he never came back even after two posts of mine in which I considered voting for him and urged him to speak more conveniently stopped you from being in the position of possibly changing your vote back to him when some people seemed ready to hop off Aekiel's bandwagon.

Now, you have real life excuses for him and I can't contest them for obvious reasons and Mafia netiquette, but I can't help it if my mind stays suspicious about it.

Also, LOL, you remind me entirely too much of KaiDASH, Uncle Stojil. Mind = blown. No wonder you are bothering me.

Maybe that's because we both are trying to get you lynched, me here and him in HoT2? Maybe it's your normal reaction when you're scum and someone pushes you with a bit of rational backing? :)

---------- Post automerged at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Okay, that second paragraph is simply awful to read. This is probably better:

The Taure "connection" is that both you and Seratin voted for him as Mayor, and then all three shifted your votes to Aekiel. The fact Taure never came back (even after two posts of mine in which I considered voting for him and urged him to speak more) conveniently stopped you from being in the position of possibly changing your vote back to him, when some people seemed ready to hop off Aekiel's bandwagon.

Ash
02-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Nah, KaiDASH is always annoying in mafia. And your 'rationality' doesn't seem that rational.

Also, I only voted for Taure because I was in a silly mood. I mean, for fucks sake, I gave my reasoning as "because he is pretty". I wasn't ever going to stick with that vote.

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

In regards to him not posting, he "didn't have much to say". He said it was clear that he didn't have a chance of becoming the mayor, as the only person voting for him was you, and it's a big hassle to get on the computer, so he just didn't post.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Nah, KaiDASH is always annoying in mafia. And your 'rationality' doesn't seem that rational.

Also, I only voted for Taure because I was in a silly mood. I mean, for fucks sake, I gave my reasoning as "because he is pretty". I wasn't ever going to stick with that vote.

We'll never know since Taure never came back, do we? :colbert:

---------- Post automerged at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Conveniently, I might add... oh wait... I shouldn't think like that.

Ash
02-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Well, he's certainly posted since. I didn't even notice that he only posted to cast his mayor vote, though.

I'm a computer hog lol.

Kalas
02-14-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm inclined to believe her Stojil. The whole point of lurking is to fly under the radar. Once you get called on it you make an excuse and post, unless its actually irl reasons. As well consider #217 its not like he's posting garbage, simply seems like he really doens't have the time.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 10:39 PM
:cry:

We're really gonna regret this.

Rescind Deadline Lynch Vote

---------- Post automerged at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Taure, seeing that Ashaya unleashed you :p, at least give your vote the proper format.

Taure
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
For the record, I didn't so much disappear as simply not have much to say. Ashaya and Seratin had already moved their votes away from me. Hell, I had already moved my vote away from me. Your attempt to vote me for mayor was simply far too little too late. It would have been cool to be mayor, sure, but oh well.

So yeah, the reason I didn't post wasn't any kind of grand conspiracy - it was simply that I thought you were being a bit weird and frankly suspicious, beating such a dead horse, but wasn't going to say anything because it was in my favour.

Also, if you think you're going to regret voting for Snowflake, don't vote for him/her. That said I don't know how you're going to regret voting for them. I just scrolled up to try to find their gender, but couldn't find a post by... it.

Uncle Stojil
02-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Also, if you think you're going to regret voting for Snowflake, don't vote for him/her. That said I don't know how you're going to regret voting for them. I just scrolled up to try to find their gender, but couldn't find a post by... it.

No, I think we're gonna regret not lynching Ashaya.

Taure
02-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Edit:

I'm sure Lungs was going to take my vote into account anyway, but just in case:

Rescind vote.

Deadline lynch vote: Snowflake

Kalas
02-14-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't think Snowflake's posted today. He has a couple on like pages 1 and 2.

Zircon
02-14-2012, 10:58 PM
When I talked about lynching taure as a joke, because a rule of mafia is that he should always die :P

I think ash is pro-town and aekiel is either town or faction 3/4. But like everything in mafia, this is all just gut-based guesses with little evidence.

Jangel
02-14-2012, 11:05 PM

Seems a good bet, out of the lurkers.

Vesvius
02-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Looking back on the thread, I'm seeing three suspects:

Snowflake, for reasons already stated. He's a lurker, and that's as good a shot as any.

I'm also really very suspicious of LochNess. I'm not sure why (maybe it's a NO U for her random vote against me on day 1), but something about her seems very off. Usually I'm impressed with her reasoning in the games we've played together, but she seems to be playing a very hands off game this go round.

I'm also worried about Stojil. I worry about anyone who tries to Irene, and his Irening had more flaws in it then a usual attempt.

In other news, I have now made Irene a verb. I consider this a victory for everyone.

Back to serious buizness. Out of my three suspects, only one seems like they're getting the hammer today.

Deadline Lynch: Snowflake

Ash
02-15-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm also really very suspicious of LochNess. I'm not sure why (maybe it's a NO U for her random vote against me on day 1), but something about her seems very off. Usually I'm impressed with her reasoning in the games we've played together, but she seems to be playing a very hands off game this go round.

Yknow, I've been thinking the exact same thing, but I couldn't articulate my feelings exactly until I read this. My gut feeling is that she is an Ex-Mod. I don't know if many other people are suspicious of her, but I'd say she's a more appealing lynch target than Snowflake to me. That isn't saying much, though. I will reiterate that Republic and Gambit are also highly suspicious to me. I'm considering throwing in my vote for Gambit, as he is the only other person with a vote.

I fear that I'll have to vote for Snowflake though, if the bandwagon won't change to a new target. I mean, I can't give a read on Snowflake one way or another, what with her barely posting. I do like the lynch the lurker plan, it's even served us well in a few games. I'm going to continue to wait for her to post, at least.

LochNess
02-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Home, but before I got to bed:

I know I haven't been as active as I have in other games, but I think it is due to the game's complexity. The other games that I was active in were a lot simpler and more based on reading into peoples' posts where as these ones are more into figuring out what role can do what and be role blocked and get affected by what etc etc. And I more like the reading into posts part of it.

And PS, I was very active in Awesomafia, where I was scum. So my activity doesn't make me innocent. (Though active in Femme Mafia and innocent)Also I was pretty inactive in Dresden, where I was innocent, but less involved because of its complexity.

But I get that my play style has changed so it can get peoples' hackles up.

Also, if you don't support the lynch or think it is a good idea, why are you not trying to lynch someone else? I'm pretty sure the day isn't ending extremely soon.

Zircon
02-15-2012, 01:20 AM
I'll have to read back, snowflake hasn't said much has he?

Snowflake: don't roleclaim, but do profess your innocence real quick man.

Lungs
02-15-2012, 01:25 AM

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯FUS RO DAH! ==== ┻━┻

OllieK has no concept of gender.

Ash
02-15-2012, 01:29 AM
I use man for both boys and girls, man.

Also, in response to LochNess, because I'm a bit stuck on who to go for. I think Republic and Gambit are equally suspicious, with you and Snowflake on the second tier. I could go for Snowflake, who has the obvious lead, or I could go for Republic or Gambit, and hope other people go for it. I'm just not feeling terribly decisive at the moment.

Lungs
02-15-2012, 01:36 AM
I use man for both boys and girls, man.

I'll have to read back, snowflake hasn't said much has he?

You also use he for both girls and boys because you've been exposed to Kinsfire's penis. D8

Zircon
02-15-2012, 01:41 AM
Snowflake is teh gurlz

After 3 games (I think) with her, I never noticed... sorry doesn't cover how how sads I am become.