1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dementor Fusion

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Verse of Darkness, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

What if Harry had merged with a Dementor?

I wanna do something and tried to do something with a Dementor. It's going to be AU, and not sure if he'll either be sorted into Slytherin or Ravenclaw. I plan on him having some sort of affinity with either magic or souls. I'll try my best to tone down his powers, not just blast away Death Eaters and Order Members. I've also plan on introducing manifestations of light and dark (ie the Ancient Ones, which they'll be called in my story). Harry will be still using his Wand half of the time, since he'll be proficient in arts and whatnot. I was basically wondering, what powers should Harry have merging with a Dementor... and what should the overall plot be since he's like... with a Dementor now? Voldemort will still be his obstacle, but I'm just wondering. Of course, the-not-used-much revolution thing will be happening, and he'll be cunning... friends with Draco and the gang as well as some others.

2. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Friends with Draco?... Hell No.

Plus I think Naga's Shadow has a story like this... somewhat.

3. Verse of Darkness

Lol, why say no to the friends with Draco?

4. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

Because Draco is an arrogant, rascist, pussy ass bitch. Why would you want a powerful Harrya to befriends with a little dad's boy?

5. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

No friends. At all.

Friends are for whiny losers, lol.

But seriously, it's very difficult to pull off a serious dark story with Harry having Friends. This is because friends tag along, so you must make them stronger, and they play into all the cunning/manipulation, and suddenly they are all best buds.

Personally, I like Ron and Hermione much better than "Draco" and Pansy.

Indie!Dark!Evil! stories are ruined when Harry, after kicking seriou ass, manipulating hordes of people, goes and does childish and immature things with his friends.

If you don't do that, then suddenly everyone is ubercunning and powerful, and things just get unrealistic.

Harry has no friends. Just associates.

6. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

I seriously doubt that Dementor/Harry would have friends. It just wouldnt fit the Dementor nature at all. People should feel uncomfortable when they are near him, not as strong as a real Dementor but it would definatly put off just about everyone. He would be defiantly a loner and there is no chance in hell that he becomes best friends with Draco Malfoy. If you want you can give him someone who understands him and gives him comfort but thats up to you.

As for his powers I think that he would have an affinity with Soul Magic since Dementors are able to capture/devour souls. Which is only an additional reason for people to fear him. Dont make him superpower though. Perhaps he has to overwhelm the magic of the victim which makes it impossible for him to manipulate the souls of strong wizards/witches. Also this power would force him to concentrate on a single enemy which makes fighting multiple oppunents with this power impossible.

Anyway I seriously doubt that a normal SuperPower!Harry would work in the dementor Scenario. He will be more powerfull but it all comes with a price. Voldemort sacreficed his humanity and his soul in order to reach so much power. Harry would have to sacrifice something too.

7. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

No friends...it would ruin it.

What oyu can do, is give him a romance character, with a twist.

He falls in love with her, but she can't be close to him. She's an empath or some sort of feeling/emotion absorbing creature, and she can't come within ten feet of him without passing out.

It would make for an awesome story...you could drive him off the edge, turning him mad because he can't have the ONE thing that he wants.

8. Verse of Darkness

True, you guys do have a point. I never really thought of the Dementor thing. Hm well, how about the Dementors give Harry some sort of gift I guess? The gift would be; the affinity of Soul Magic. I guess the reason why I wanna do Dementors is because... there's already a lot of Vampire, Demon, Werewolf, Angelic Harry... I wanted to try something more... corrupted. I planned on having him be the "perfect" balance. Something a long the lines of ``...bathed in light, claimed by darkness, bounded by soul.`` And well, there wasn't a creature that had an affinity with Souls except... well Dementors. Also, I was thinking of his powers be an... emotional check. So that when he gets too emotional, his powers go an astray but when it's in check... its stabled. Maybe I can pull the Dementor thing as some sort of an accident? Or that he needs a special type of Wand to surpress the powers?

Edit: I planned on making the characters that have yet to be introduced, like to be specific Tracey Davis to be some sort of Vampire, or something made up I'm not sure. She and Harry would be... ``Half-Bloods`` in a sense. Harry would be Half Wizard, due to Blood and half Dementor, due to Soul and Tracey would be a Vampire... and would take on the other half of her mate (which would be wizard).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  9. Verse of Darkness

Anyway I can keep the affinity with Dementors/Soul thing?

10. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Add in the ability to draw heat from the surrounding air and you've got a winner.

11. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Ouch that hurt! Please for the love of god !NO MATE`S! Dunno about the idea of some other half blood, can't say that I like but it would work I guess.
    But I like the empath idea. Just dont make it too bad. A realtionship is impossible when she passes out every time she seeĀ“s him. I thing which crossed my mind is, that they dont have much problems with each other in the beginning while Harry is pretty weak. But if he wants to "safe" the wizarding world he has to get stronger, which would destroy the one thing he loves. So he has to make a decision. Safe the wizarding world or be happy.

I honestly dont like the emotion check thing. It usually leads to scenes where he hurts people by accident --> emo festival.

If you make a Dementor!Harry a Demetor aura is a must. If you want, you can give him the ability to vary the strenght of it but he shouldn't be able to turn it off completly.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  12. Verse of Darkness

Hm, so what about... Harry having a closer connection to Magic that other Wizards... and some type of... observer? I remember seeing it somewhere in a Criminal Show, a voy something?

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For the friend thing you could always have some type of demon. Something that lives off dark emotions, and likes the dementor feeling - like a perverted succubus :p
    The soul magic thing is good but an emotion-check won't do much outside of turning it into Dakaath. You could try a physical weakness - has strong magic but weak physical body. Make him like Mr. Glass from Unbreakable, bones break easily, weakened immune system wouldn't work, basic curses do more damage (though magic affecting ones don't). Like Ying/Yang.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  14. Verse of Darkness

I feel the pervert thing is overused.